Bitdefender / If it doesn't work forget about help

12136 Rothsay Street
After many attempts to get help to fix Bitdefender Antivirus I am forced to go buy another product.

You can't get help from their support department. They don't reply to e-mail, an rarely answer the phone or chat. If they do answer the phone or chat you are directed to send information via e-mail. And they only reply once to your e-mail asking for more information before they stop responding.

Quite the scam they have going. Every review I've read about BitDefender says they have great support, but the truth is it is the worst sevice I've ever received from a software company.

After 16 days of waiting and resending requests for help I've finally given up and installed AVG. Now, at least, I'm protected again.

D  28th of Jul, 2009 by
I'm surprised to hear that you had trouble with their support service. I also use BitDefender and I had some problems with the product 2 years ago, but the support department solved my problem within a few hours and I never had any other issues since. Did anything changed in the meantime with their client support service?Were they rude to you or just ignoring your complaint?I really hate when somebody doesn't treat me with respect!

Now I'm using BitDefender Internet Security 2009 and I'm very happy with it, that's why I was thinking to purchase a license for Total Security in fall, when they release the 2010 version. I heard that they solved the bugs they had so far and I'm pretty into the Tune-up feature which I don't have in the Internet Security version.

So, what issues did you find in Total Security?
N  7th of Aug, 2009 by
From what you've said I guess you had a minor problem that they knew the solution to. It is a different story when it is a problem they don't have an answer to. Then support is a black hole.

Bitdefender Total Security 2009 stopped doing scans on my Vista 64 bit Home Premium HP laptop.

No response from support after an initial request for more info from me bothered me a lot more than the initial problem, but in any case I guess once they knew what OS I was using I suppose they decided to ignore me until they found a solution.

Oh, and when I wrote to them telling them that I'd switched to AVG they finally responded with an apology immediately upon receiving my e-mail. Odd how quick a response I got when I wasn't asking for help.

When I complained to the store where I bought Bitdefender (London Drugs) they informed me that they had gotten similar complaints and now only sell it with a caution about their support issues.
N  18th of Aug, 2009 by
What can I say, it's a real nightmare to wait for an answer from the support. I never happened to me before, but I can only imagine how frustrating is having a problem with my computer and not being able to fix it for days...I am addicted to my computer!:)

Anyway, Bitdefender's 2010 version was released(with improved features, I heard!), if you haven't solve your problem yet you should try it. You can use the same key so there's no additional cost. I use Windows Vista 32 bits so I don't know what possible flaws of the product you might have encountered.

Still, it's a problem with the support, not with the product! I red on some forums about strange behavior of BitDefender 2009 on Vista products, but what can I say...Vista is pretty much like the twilight zone for any software, nothing works as it's supposed to!That's why I think maybe you have a problem with Vista and not with BitDefender. Try the 2010 version to be sure!

Also, it might have been a conflict between Bitdefender and other anti-virus installed on your computer, if that's the case! Or, it might have been just bad luck(it happens to me all the time not being able to work with some products that others use successfully, but that didn't happen with Bitdefender and that's why I love it so much!).

Either way, be persuasive and don't get mad, it will only shorten a few minutes of your life and it's not worth it!Your problem will be solved one way or another, I'm sure! Hope to hear from you!
A  14th of Sep, 2009 by
I agree with the comments regarding miserable support. I purchased a 3 pc copy of Bitdefender Antivirus 2009 in May of 2009, through Digital River. In August 2009, Bitdefender (through Digital River) sold me the identical product for a second time. I immediately sent three emails via the Bitdefenders support site regarding the issue and was promised a reply. I have yet to receive a reply. I also sent three emails to Digital River regarding the double sale and, despite promises for a response, no response has been received. This company has an office in California and I will file a small claims suit just to prove a point. I will not deal with any company again that is not a United States based entity.

Bitdefender Logo Bitdefender