Bism SuperMarket / LG / Door getting rusted due to manufacturing defect

1 India Review updated:

I purchased a LG refrigerator from Bismi Supermarket, Kaloor, Ernakulam, Kerala (Bill No. 244GM dated 23-05-2005)After one year there was developing rust near the handle of the door. My wife noticed but she has no idea about the warranty of the fridge. I am working gulf. last month when I went to home on vacation, the defect was noticed and inquired about it. My wife told she contacted the service center two months back and understood that warranty period is over and though this defect noticed earlier after one year, but she had no idea of warranty. Service section wants Rs1700/= for repainting of the door alone.

Comments

• Ip
      27th of Aug, 2008

As customers we must not hesitate to lodge complaints on situations like this. The manufacturers and retailers must not be allowede to take things for granted and dupe customers. There should be a proper return policy when customers have problems on the products purchsed like in other countries in the world. The policy in such countries is that "customers are always right" and go out of the way to take care of them. I ndia has opened up now and that should cover also customer's interests.
    Dr.IPMathew