Birthday Theme Party Pinatas / Partysolver has terrible customer service

United States Review updated:
Birthday Theme Party Pinatas
Pinatas for Parties
www.pinatasforparties.com

Ordered a product online (very early Sat AM/2 something EST), read the invoice wrong and didn't realize I would be charged extra for shipping an item. A shipping charge PLUS an oversized object charge for a flat pinata. Anyway, I tried to cancel the order immediately, sent 2 emails to their customer service stating I wanted to cancel this order prior to it being shipped, then called the customer service number 2.5 hrs after they opened on Saturday, again stating I wanted to cancel my order. They refused to do so, and stated I would have to pay for shipping my product to me ($15 for a pinata/flat/not filled) AND THEN pay again to have it shipped back to them before they would refund the pinata price only. Not right, they should agree to cancel since it hadn't gone out yet. No where does it state on their website this policy.
Va

Comments

Cu
  26th of Jan, 2008
This customer placed her order online. Customer's are able to review the complete order including all shipping and handling charges several times BEFORE hitting the submit order button. Unfortunately this customer submitted the order before she clearly understood all charges involved with her order. The customer service phone number is available in many locations on the website including the home page and check out page. The area at the top of the check out page with the phone number states " If you have any questions or are experience difficulties please call". This customer should review all charges and call the available representatives the next time she is placing an order if she does not fully understand the charges BEFORE submitting her order.
Sa
  26th of Jan, 2008
I ordered from this company. They have great service & super fast shipping. The pinatas are delivered in large boxes which would account for the oversize charge. I will definately be a repeat customer & will refer all my family and friends!
Me
  20th of Feb, 2008
I ordered pinatas from this site before and the complete charges are displayed before you have to commit by entering your credit card number and submitting your order.

The customer should have reviewed her order before she hit the buy button. The buy button is just like going through the checkout at the store.

Maybe should not do her online shopping at 2AM so she can clearly see and understand all charges and store policies before she buys.
As
  13th of Apr, 2009
I order pinatas from Partysolver for my 4 children's birthday parties every year. When ordering the charges including the shipping charges are clearly desplayed through the checkout process. Partysolver has great customer service, super fast shipping and always recommend them when a friend or family is looking for unique party supplies and pinata.