BIRTH CERTIFICATE TODAY.COM / FALSE CHARGES AND SITE IS SCAM

1 IN, United States Review updated:

IT IS A SCAM! THEY CHARGE YOU FOR A FORM THAT YOU CAN NOT USE. IT HAS NOTHING BUT BLACK DOTS ACROSS IT. I HAVE TRIED TO CALL THEM SEVERAL TIMES AND YOU CAN NOT SPEAK TO ANYONE. THE VOICEMAIL SAYS IT CAN NOT TAKE MESSAGES AND THERE IS NEVER A LIVE PERSON TO TALK TO. THERE IS NO ADDRESS TO SEND THEM A WRITTEN COMPLAINT EITHER.

Comments

• Nr
      2nd of Sep, 2009

THIS IS TRUE

• Nr
      2nd of Sep, 2009

I HAVE ALSO HAD TROUBLE. DO NOT USE THIS SITE

• Ge
      9th of Sep, 2009

I signed up with this site and paid for what I thought was a service that would provide me with m birth certificate in a few days. Instead I ended up being redirected to a site where I could download a birth certificate request form. The form is the same form I downloaded from the states web site for free. I requested my money back and contacted my bank. This is a fraud! I recommend that you do not use!

• Th
      11th of Sep, 2009

Yep, same thing happened to me. They request payment first and I thought it would then ask me for my address to ship a certified birth certificate to. But nope, it just goes to some download page. Then every single day I have been contacting them through emails and they do not respond at all. They advertise 100% money back guarantee but when you call it says "the voice mail box has not been set up yet". I have never talked to a live person.

• Th
      11th of Sep, 2009

After trying for several days to get someone to answer their phone, and numerous emails, both unsuccessful, I filed complaints with the FBI Internet Crime Division, and also the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I hope they enjoy their 19 dollars they took from me. Maybe they can buy some chips or something in prison.

• Sh
      23rd of Sep, 2009

I called this number 1-800-385-1349 and spoke to a lady there. I explained to them that I was not looking for the form but an actual service to process my birth cert. She gave me a refund as soon as I asked for it.

• Sh
      30th of Sep, 2009

I went on line to order a birth certificate. I put in the Department of Vital Statistics. This website comes up and confused me. It was a deliberate act to scam the person! I fell for it - DO NOT FALL FOR IT!!! I want to thank Sharon WIlliams for the phone number she posted. I called and also got refunded.

It will take up to 3 days. In the meantime, what is the FBI doing to stop these scams? I have also reported other scams that are still active. How can we protect ourselves?

• Mi
      17th of Oct, 2009

there ad is a scam. it says you can order a birth certificate online then after you pay they direct you to ez forms to download the forms. the ad is fraudulant. they dont have a phone number to call but they say call within 7 days to cancel. a total ripoff.

• Mi
      23rd of Oct, 2009

If you call this number 1-800-385-1349 you will get a refund with no questions asked. They must know they are doing something wrong if its that easy. Thanks Sharon for posting the number.

• La
      25th of Oct, 2009

Complete rip off. I got an error stating that I was not authorized to complete the request. But they sure as heck took my money. I've emailed them several times, and have gotten nothing. I will be sure to call the 800 number.

• Kd
      16th of Nov, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM. DO NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. I JUST SPOKE WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP FROM THERE AND SHE SAID ALL SHE COULD REFUND ME WAS THE $9.98 MEMBERSHIP FEE (WHICH WAS A HIDDEN COST). THE $19.98 UP FRONT CHARGE WOULD NOT BE REFUNDED BECAUSE I HAD ACCESSED THE WEBSITE. HOW ELSE COULD I FIND OUT THAT THIS WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED. I DID NOT PRINT ANYTHING THING OR USE ANYTHING OFF OF THEIR WEBSITE. I JUST ACCESSED IT AND SAW THAT IT WAS NOT WHAT THEY WERE ADVERTISING (UNLESS YOU READ THE SMALL PRINT). THIS COMPANY IS JUST BARELY LEGAL ENOUGH TO KEEP FROM LOSING A LAWSUIT. THE INFORMATION THEY GIVE ON THEIR HOMEPAGE IS VERY MISLEADING AND THEY ARE VERY AWARE OF IT. I REPEAT -- DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !!!

• Sm
      9th of Dec, 2009

Everything you are reading is true...this is a scam, the web site claims fast easy birth certificate dirct from the source for $19.95, I paid the fee then they actually charged my account $29.95 and all i recieved was a form that you can download for free from the county's website. I called to get my money back and they refused to let me speak to a supervisor or help me in anyway and they were VERY RUDE!!! Do NOT go through this web-site IT IS A SCAM!!!

• Ty
      5th of Feb, 2010
    BIRTH CERTIFICATE TODAY.COM - I got ripped off
    birthcertificatetoday.com

I tried to purchase a birth certificate for my wife and I got nothing for $19.99. I shouldn't have been rushing to get it.

• Br
      8th of Mar, 2010

I also have been ripped off by this web site, I truely regret that I didn't look on the complaint board to see that this web site has ripped off many other people. Right when I ordered my birth certificate it kicked me off the website and took a total of $36.00 out of my visa account. I then looked for a way to contact them and the only way you can contact them is by email. I emailed them with my concerns of no confirmation and that was 6 days ago and still no response and no birth certificate!!! DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE!!!

18th of Mar, 2010

I too have been ripped off. I got the whole lecture on how I did not read the fine print which explains all this information and whatnot. Anytime I called it was the same girl answering and I finally asked for a manager and got hung up on. This company has many websites that they set up like this. I have done quite a bit of digging and they have this website and another want-to-be government website called SSNHome.com. They are all owned by the same company which also is a supplier of wristbands called 24hourwristbands. All of their websites have a terrible wrap on them, I cannot understand how they are still in business!

13th of Apr, 2010

24Hourwristband has nothing to do with the companies mentioned above.

16th of Apr, 2010

It's kind of hard to cover your tracks on my credit card report and the internet:

Why don't you pick up the phone when my lawyer and I call you rather than posting cover ups online.

• Be
      25th of Jan, 2011

I actually received a full refund. I think they gave me my money back because: 1)I paid through paypal; 2)then I filed a dispute claim through paypal same day and 3)most importantly I argued that they did not provide the service that they advertised. They advertised upon payment you get
    "an IMMEDIATE DIRECT LINK "- I did not receive a direct link until HOURS later. They did try to get out of it. It took 3 days and 3 carefully worded emails in the dispute process -they voluntarily refunded all my money through paypal.