Biotab Nutriceuticals/Alteril / they don't answer phone/website non working

1 401 E. Huntington Dr.Monrovia, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 626-775-6300 or 1-800-727-1664

They advertise on TV. They offer a free one month supply of Alteril (all natural sleep aid) for .97 and promised not to send any additional Alteril until I tried it and decided to order it 45 days later. BUT both boxes came together in different envelopes and the 60 day supply of Alteril was billed
to my credit card. They do not answer the phone anytime during the day saying that no operator is available and to call back at the standard office hours so they are avoiding calls. Their website does not open. I needed to talk to them about returning the products as I will have to send them back at my expense and the way they are behaving I'm not even sure they will acknowledge the return; plus the fact that they may continue to send me more Alteril and bill me for it every 60 days. HELP!

More Biotab Nutriceuticals/Alteril Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Br
      29th of Dec, 2008

MY NAME IS BRENDA TAYLOR. I ORDERED A ONE MONTH SUPPLY TODAY FOR A LOCK IN PRICE OF $24.99 PLUS SHIPPING. I ASK THE LADY TO BE SURE OF THE AMOUNT $24.99 AND SHE SAID YES. I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MY BANK AND SHE TOOK OUT $188.86, I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THAT AMOUNT AND DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR. I WANT MY MONEY BACK IN TO MY ACCOUNT NOW! I LIKE YOUR PRODUCT, BUT IF THIS IS THE KIND OF BUSINESS THAT I AM GOING TO GET THEN YOU CAN FORGET AND LOOSE A CUSTOMER. IF THE MONEY IS NOT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT AND I DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU I WILL TAKE LEGAL ACTION. MY PHONE NUMBER IS 702-457-1295.

• My
      16th of Jan, 2009

My name is Myra Roberts. I was scamed by the alteril commercial. I called for the free 7 day sample. When I did not recieve it within five days I called and canceled. A week later I recieved a 30 day supply with a bill for $36.90. I never ordered the pills. I checked with my credit card company. They billed me twice for $36.90. It appears they do this to hundreds of customers. I probably have to cancel my card. They make it impossible for you to contact them. They are rude on the phone. I filed a report with the better business bureau. I also filed a report with the California federal trade commission. My phone number is 239 3955370

11th of Feb, 2009

Myra Roberts is RIGHT! I called and ordered the 1 week supply for .97. I received my supply on 2-9-09 and was billed the $36.90 on 2-11-09. Someone forgot how to count, I haven't even tried the product for only two nights, and it doesn't even work!! I haven't even had my one week trail and they're already billing me for the next shipment, NOT!!! I have tried to contact them and all I get is that they are currently closed to please call back during normal business hours. Yes, I uathorized the .97, but not the 36.90 that was taken from my account just 2 days after I received the product. I will continue to call as well as contact my card company and explain the situation to them and I WILL be contacting my lawyer concerning this matter. A word of warning from someone that learned the hard way; "DON'T DUE BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!"

24th of Feb, 2009

My name is Mark. Both Myra and Brenda are right. The same thing happened to me just recently. Since the number they give you to cancel the order does not work, I called the main number and spoke to a lady named Chris. Chris promised she will take my request and cancel the order and she also promised I will not receive any of their products. A week later I got billed for $39.07 and two days later I received a package of 30 days supplies I did not authorize. I could not believe how shameless this company is with their practices. In fact one time the agent answered the phone (not the recording) and when I told the agent I cancelled the order and did not authorize the order, she said I did not cancel and there is nothing I can do about that. Keep in mind that I ordered the trial sleeping aid on the 9th and cancelled it on the 12th. I also sent an e-mail on the 13th to this e-mail address: service@biotab.com
    All of my attempts failed and now I have to clean after their mess. I called the BBB and reported them. I'm also in the process of contacting the attorney general office and complain. It's a shame that something like is allowed to take place in this great country and those thieves are still managing to operate.

• Mv
      31st of Mar, 2009

I was directed to the service@biotab.com complaints page this is a scam and I fear for my credit card, I am canceling that card now. I have a phone number to cancel this and it was not a valid phone number. The number was 18004194447. Class action lawsuit? I'm for it! shivvermee@yahoo.com

• Mi
      9th of May, 2009

Yes i have order a week sample and u idiots are billing me fifty one dollars a month and this month u billed me on the fourth and the six of the month...i made copies to take to lawyer, so return my money and we will forget this and i will return ur fake pills...thanks mitch 6681 east hadley road camby indiana.46113

• Mi
      9th of May, 2009

i did not order to have monthly pills sent to me so u better make things right... or i take actions

• Mo
      2nd of Jul, 2009

I just contacted the customer service department for the Alteril 's Biotab Co. After about 15 seconds I spoke to 'Melissa' and after identifying myself, I ask her to cancel the order, she asked why, I told her it didn't work for me.She said it would be canceled as of today,
    'July 2, 2009.and asked if she could help me any further.I said no and that was that.I'll wait and see if they keep their word.

• Da
      4th of Sep, 2009

I had been using Alteril for 4 months with good results at the time, all the sudden I recieved 6 shipments in 2 days. I called to complain and asked they stop sending and charging my credit card until I asked them to. Three days later 4 more shipment arrived. I called to contest the 10 charges stating I had not ordered the product. I also called my local postmaster who stated there was nothing I could do as far as criminal charges. Even though $360.00 was charged to my credit card without my consent, since I was following the policy of my credit card company in reporting contested charges. Either they will side with me and I didn't lose any money, therefore it would be up to the company I have the card with if charges would be brought or they up hold the charges - and I'm out of luck. So we aren't alone in that.

My biggest fear is now that I have stopped taking the pills (I have a gut of pills) my insomnia has worsen dramaticly. I am now sleeping just 3 - 4 hrs per night if I sleep at all. The top chambers of my heart which should send signals for my heart to beat has stopped working and I now must rely on a pacemaker for life. I can't prove there is any connection - just seems odd. I tried here of late just to try to take the pills again and they do not work any more. I wonder if the ingredients L-Tryptophan, GABA, and Melatonin was so high that my brain stopped producing the hormones because they were being given artifically. I do know it happens in other mechanisms in the body so I am fearful my health is in jepordy.

If anyone else is experiencing this health problem, we should post it here so we can start documentation for health professionals.

• Do
      4th of Dec, 2009

Biotab Nutriceuticals Inc. do not answer their phone at any time, the recorder just keeps saying no operator is available and call back, but to no avail. I have faxed, mailed n attempting to email that they stop! sending my dad additional orders that he doesnt want.

• He
      7th of Dec, 2009

my name is henry eaby and i would like to cancel my order no i would not like to recieve no more furture item from yall.my customer number is 2340679 and my order number is 9860347 please cancel it all thank yall get back with me soon as possible. my e-mail address islady v 1978@yahoo . com

• He
      7th of Dec, 2009

CANCEL EVERYTHING PLEASE.THANK YOU

• Le
      8th of Sep, 2010

My attitude is the same as all these people they have also scammed be for all they can get out of me I TO have been trying to cancel everything from them and nothing so if they are reading this cancel everything pleas. thank you.
    LEONARD ph. #541-654-1274

• Ro
      28th of Sep, 2010

I wanted to cancel my order but, was unable to get anyone at customer
    service. I still can't get in to the web site. I will call the BBB and pleace a complaint.
    Robert L.Holland #336-724-2725

• Sh
      5th of Oct, 2010

Hi my name is Sharon Chavez, I couldn't get a hold of anyone...by phone or email. So I am canceling my orders from bio-tabs, I took the bottles with me to my doctor and having health problems that I do, I cant take it, so I tried and tried to get a hold of you( I say at least 15 times) I am going to cancel all products, so please DO NOT SEND ANY THING ELSE TO MY HOME. You so not have a good business but you do have good speakers and they can sell your stuff at the moment, but never hear from y'all again is not a good thing.SO CANCEL MY ORDERS I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING ELSE FROM YOU!!! THANK YOU, SHARON

11th of Jul, 2011

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy www.pill24.org I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
    P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 9sh73h

• Be
      23rd of Oct, 2012

COMPLAINT!!! Do not buy this product! They will tell you they offer a manufacturers guarantee. They will NOT honor this statement and others on their website. This product did not work for me. I have tried contacting them by phone and email. They are extremely rude and will NOT give a refund. I want their products off the shelves. No one deserves to go through what I have gone through with this company. REMOVE ALL PRODUCTS FROM ALTERIL AND BIOTAB NUTRICEUTICALS from store shelves nationwide!!!