Bionic Band / Investigating Credibility of Product

1 Scottsdale Fashion SquareScottsdale, AZ, United States Review updated:

I am a chiropractic kinesiologist practicing in Phoenix, AZ. for 35 years. A month ago, I was asked to evaluate the bionic band for Channel 3. I purchased an IRenew band on the internet. One week later, wearing my new IRenew bionic band, I was walking in the mall and passed a kiosk that was selling a different brand of bionic band. I was immediately stopped and asked if I would take the kinesiological test. I agreed and failed the test. I was told that the band lost its, so called powers and the band sold at the Scottsdale Fashion kiosk was different. The sales person said "that could never happen to the one we are selling, it will last a lifetime." Yesterday, wearing my new SFS kiosk bionic band, I passed the same kiosk wearing a band I purchased at his kiosk 1 week ago. A different salesperson was there and asked me to take the kinesiological test again. I agreed and failed the test again. If their band lasted a lifetime, I was on borrowed time. I'm so glad I got a new band, so I can pass this experience on to you. LOL He said, "your band lost its "charge" and then tried to sell me another one. He said, "This is what happens after a few months". I told him I purchased it last week from another salesperson at this same kiosk.
I told him I was asked to do a report for Channel 3. At that point, he gave me another one, at no cost, took my old one back and said, I should come back every couple of weeks and get a new one at no charge. Does my old one go back to the company and get recharged, I asked? No response... I will go no further investigating to the credibility of the band after my encounters with the sales people. In my opinion, they have no clue about the product, little to no training, and will say whatever it takes to see the band. They can't even get their stories straight. There so many different companies selling the same band with so many, so called different technologies. I will not waste any more of my time pursuing this...YOU DECIDE...

Comments

• Sd
      26th of Oct, 2010

I have been doing significant testing and research on the Bionic Band by Perfect World Solutions with anticipation of disproving its effects and have come up with a much different conclusion than the Chiropractic Kinesiologist practicing in Phoenix, AZ. for 35 years called Dr. Dennis Goldberg .

The information you have provided is incomplete and sparse at best, if I may I have a few questions for you.

1) What is the brand name and manufacturers of the 2 bracelets you purchased? There are a few out there and they do not work as decribed by Bionic Band by Perfect World Solutions.

2) Did you do any testing on your own other than the tests done on you by the salespeople in the Mall Kiosks? I would assume a true clinical professional as yourself would take the time to do real testing scenarios to prove or disprove a products claims when being asked to do so by a reputable TV Channel.

3) Were your conclusions reported to the TV Station and if so did they air the results of your conclusions, please provide the approximate times and reporter(s) for verification?

4) From this report it seems that you have been analyzing the salespeople that sell the product and not the product itself, if you were to do a true product test I would assume that the salespeople would have nothing to do with the test but would only be there to supply you with the product. Did you do a case study?

5) If you did any testing with real live human subjects, how many were used in the testing and did they have any physical symptoms that would fall into your area of expertise?

It seems to me that it wasn't that long ago that Chiropractors were not even considered as a real form of medicine and the medical insurance plans only started to recognize them as an insurable product a few years ago.

I look forward to your response and will assume that if I do not get one that this is simply a disinformation ploy and that you are not the real Dr. Dennis Goldberg.

16th of Nov, 2010

SD Anderson

Perhaps you could detail "significant testing and research" you have been doing. You say you have come up with a different conclusion and say Dr Goldberg's information is sparse at best, it is certainly no less sparse than your own information.

• Bi
      24th of Nov, 2010

Let's get on thing straight there is the Bionic Band then there is is all the other fakers and so on that can't back up their product! Let's make sure u tried the right thing!

Did the product have a 30day money back guaranty?
    Does it say Bionic Band?... not irenew...
    If u contact me u can try it for free... did u get that offer?

felisha_austin@yahoo.com

25th of Nov, 2010

The testing I have been doing has included more than 20 subjects specifically to do with pain relief. All of these people that were given a Bionic Band and have been in pain for atleast 6 months or more, half of them being prescibed pain medication from a doctor.

All but two of them experienced pain relief within a maximum of 4 days, the shortest time period being 3 hours. The pain included: Carpo tunnel syndrome, knee pain, shoulder pain, arthritic pain, arm pain from operation, back pain, arches in feet and joint pain.

The people that were using doctor prescribed meds and stopped taking the meds reported many other benefits from not having the side effects from the drugs.

Other benefits included balance from Vertigo, increased energy, better sleeps, and vivid dreams. Not to mention the better attitude towards life from not having to experience pain all the time.

If you have any questions I would be glad to answer any and all at sdanderson1@hotmail.com

Or you can get more information by going to www.NoMorePainDrugs.com

25th of Nov, 2010

I also have a hard time believing that a Doctor that was asked by the TV station to review a product would base his conclusions on doing silly tests with salesmen in the hallway at a mall. If he were doing real testing for a TV STATION he would be doing extensive testing similar to the ones that I have done several times over.

I challenge him to do a real test!!

SD Anderson

Sorry won't be e-mailing you as I do not post my identity on these forums or correspond with people using my real name as I was once thereatened by someone who dug into my online identity and location as well as my family members.

Simply put your research is massively flawed, expectation and placebo arento dicsounted by your tests. You seemingly did not do the test with a control, or double blind, and as such the tests have no scientific validity to them. Sorry but this is why proper testing is used by the FDA, rather than allowing peopel like yourself to do tests which are completley inadequate, and then claiming they show domething. Sure they show the human mind is an amazing thing, they show nothing about he efficacy of the band itself.

You say I can get more information from the page you link to. Not so, it gives absolutely no rationale for why a band "imprinted" with a "frequency" would give pain relief, except the line "When you place the Bionic Band® on your body, you are creating that same balance and also opening up the energy pathways (circuits) by aligning the protons and creating that "cellular teamwork"." That's your more information? It isn't information it is a completely unsubstantiated claim.

For tests to be valid they need to be repeatabel and measurable. It would seem that you have listed several "beenfits" which are subjective at best, and certainly you are using anecdotal accounts (i.e. the findings can be influenced by feeling rathe rhtan there being any actual effect) rather than measurable tests. So you are offering nothing that is scientifically valid whatsoever, the same old try it ti works garbage that is the only reason that peopel seem to trot out. I am sorry to say your extrensive testing is a complete sham as far as evidencing medical benefits go. It is the sort of half cocked stuff that alows co, mplete fraudsters to get away with scamming huge amoutn sof money out of peoeple. If you want ot tell me you have done extensive tests, go do some repeatable double blind tests for measurable benfits with an indepdnent thrid party controlling the blinding, and provide the full results of them. every time a band (AZpower bands etc) get tested double blind they come back with absolutley no benefit from them at all.

I challenge you to do a real test.

Mr. Fangio

Perhaps you can explain this one... I have also experimented with animals and the Bionic Band. How can it be that there are benefits to animals that have no idea that a piece of metal has been placed under their collar??? They have increased strength, balance and improved posture just as we do, they also become more controlled and manageable to the point that other people make comments that the dog is different???

If you can enlighten me I would be impressed.

You keep using brand names for your examples (AZ Power Bands, etc.) I'm talking about one band in particular, the Bionic Band by Perfect World Solutions. You should try it, it works!!

Another thing that baffles me is the time and energy you spend going to many sites ( six so far that I have seen) to try to persuade others to be on your side. What is your motive??? Very strange behavior.

Maybe you should be seeing a Psychiatrist???

26th of Nov, 2010

SD

I couldn't care less how it "works" for animals. You have absolutely no evidecne whatsoever that the band does anything of itself to humans. None whatsoever.

The experiemnts you run on humans are 1880's parlour tricks that have been used for decades to sell sham products. They a re the same tests that work for all of the other bands on the market that have been shown to have no effect but placebo. Are you really saying that the other bands passed these tests, even though they are shown to be placebo's, yet the Bionic Band passe them because it really has an effect? that woudl be a ridiculous stnadpoint. The tests do not prove that the band has any effect, that is why the other bands which were placebos were able to apss them. Since the tests are possible to pass with a placebo they do not show that the Bionic Band is not a placebo. You do understand that don't you?

"Try it it works" is garbage as a response to a call for factual evidence. Talk about encouraging the expectation response. It is that ridiculous attitude, when there is no evidence what so ever, and the science does not work, that makes you a deliberate scam artist. You have absolutely no interest in doing proper tests you just want to tell people try it it works and then sell them a cheaply manufactured product at a massive mark up.

As for 6 sites, I am not on 6 sites about this, I have posted on this site and one other (I only foudn this site when looking into the subjec to post ont eh other). Anyone else posting as fangio is not me. But hey, why not try shifting the focus from the fac that there is not a single factual peice of evidence that shows the band does a thing, to try to talk about me instead. That's obviously not a tactic because you have nothing to offer that is factual.

Trying to insult me for pointing out that your product is a scam is pretty low. However, have you thought about seeing a psychiatrist (no I ma not sugegsting you are mentally ill), who could explain in words you may understand what the placebo effect is, and why your tests do absoultely nothing to show that the band does anything other than stimulate this.

I can say categorically that the band does not work on the principles given in the how it works section of the website, and that given this it is extremly unlikley that it does anythign at all except stimulate placebo. I have siad this time and time again and you offer not one single fact to contradict this.

Fangio,

Do you have any pain in your body whatsoever??? If yes, then I suggest you try it and get the proof you are looking for as from what I can tell a placebo will not work on you. If no, then you are a very lucky person, but have the decency to let the rest of the thousands of people that are pain free from the Bionic Band be pain free in peace. God Bless You!

www.BionicMan.ca

28th of Nov, 2010

Yes I have had pain, however the proof I am looking for cannot be provided by me putting one on. the placebo effectis subconcious not concious, so it doesn't matter whether I conciously believe it or not.

I am not fine leaving con artists selling a placebo scam to get rich off people's pain. You are obviously so in pain as a dsitributor ripping people off that you don't want anyone asking for proper testing. If you want peopel left in peace to live pain free after buying your con, then do the independnet double blind testing or submimt the band for FDA approval for pain relief. Other iwse you are breaking the law ands conning people. As you make claims to be a Christian how about you doe hte decent hthing and actually do the proper sciecntific tests to establisht htat what you are selling is not breaking the law and defrauding people. I don't htink you have hte decency and honesty to do this. You would rather remain ignoraant and keep takign people's money. It's disgusting.

Fangio,

Guess what??? I did a double blind test on 5 subjects in the last two days and the results are conclusive, the real band worked every time and the one without the metal piece did not work. 5 out of 5, not bad hey, I'm going to keep doing the double blind tests and documenting the names and contact info of all participants until I hit 100 test subjects. To be honest with you, all of your negativity is motivating the hell out me to do all of the SCIENTIFIC TESTS you and other EXPERTS think you require.

Thanks for the motivation. Anybody wanting access to my info go to www.BionicMan.ca my contact info is there including e-mail and telephone number.

1st of Dec, 2010

I have another observation from the nay sayers on a couple of these types of forum websites. None of them have ever bought a Bionic Band and actually tried it, it is always their OPINION that it doesn't or can't work. I have yet to find a dissatisfied customer of Perfect World's Bionic Band. How is that possible, with tens of thousands of bands sold and it is only non-buyers doing the complaining. AMAZING.

1st of Dec, 2010

Double bline means neither the tester or subject being able to tell which is real and which is the fake. With teh metal needing to be in contact with eskin it woudl need to be visible. So how is that a valid double blind test? Simple, it isn't. You are completely clueless about conducting valid tests aren't you.

Fangio,
    Do you think you are the only one that knows how to conduct a double blind test??? Of course neither one of us knew which one was which. Why are you so arrogant?? You are sounding dumber after every comment. Do you work for a drug company? I question your motives.
    ps. If you are so smart you should proof read your comments, full of spelling errors. lol

1st of Dec, 2010

This si a web forum, and I don't type that well. i Can't be btohered proof reading for idiots like yourself.

double blind means you can't tell which one is which, I could tell if I looked at it, so either you are incredibly stupid and connot tell the diference between the metal being there or not, or you can understand that your tests are not double blind. Apparently I should not point out this massive gaping flaw in your test because to do so is arrogant (hmm, making points about my typing not being accurate is that more or less arrogant). Come off it, if you are going to make such a ridiculously poor effort at claiming that you did doble blind testing then someone needs to pint out you are making it up.

I do not work in any aspect of the medical industry, then again neither do you, you work in the scam industry.

3rd of Dec, 2010

Bionic Band works for thousands and thousands. Don't take my word for it. Try it for yourself. www.BionicMan.ca

3rd of Dec, 2010

Bionic Band is a placebo with a "scientific" explanation that is complete BS, and sold via a pyramid scheme. The manufacturers refuse to put it up for independnet testing.

They are selling a placebo, whcih is illegal, and selling it for pain relief which makes it a medical device subject to federal law requiring FDA approval (after testing) to sel it. Unsurprisingly since the science they quote does not work they won't put it up for approval and testing.

So if you want to buy their placebo please be aware that you are payign money to scam artists who are ripping you off and breakign the law in doing so. That includes SDAnderson who I have told she needs FDA approval to sell it for pain relief but continues to do this.

• Ge
      7th of Dec, 2010

Mind if I butt in to this one too?

Those of us that have experienced the Bionic Band (being specific to this brand) do become passionate about it simply from experience of not only our own but our friends, family, and clients. With passion comes defense and it can be hard to not get defensive while trying to explain. I will do my best to remain nuetral however I will admit right now I do not have all the answers and as long as comments directed to me remain respectful, I will return the same.

The FDA does not test 'homeopathic' or 'alternative' medicines therefore this nor any other product similar can be tested. This is the same for the magnetic jewelry and copper bracelets still seen today. It's also the same for many vitamins, energy drinks, etc. Also, from my understanding (I have not vailidated this), the FDA only partakes in testing of medicinal claims on items ingested (by swallowing, injected, etc.) by the body, absorbed (lotions, ointments, etc.) by the body, or implanted (prosthetic joints, pace makers, etc) in the body. Since our products do neither, they again, do not go through the FDA. (On a side note, our other product line of silver solution has FDA approval.)

The Bionic Band promotes strength, balance, and energy. Pain relief is reported by users, not guaranteed by the company. While I understand your emphasis on this particular feature, it is not one of the features directly aimed at by the company. The website mentions that users report it and explains how one might feel said relief. But it makes no claims that the band will cure anything. It only lists this because it is a dominant effect reported by consumers.

Double blind studies have been done on a small scale by the company but only on the demonstrations, not on pain relief as, again, we make no guarantees on pain relief. Of those on the demonstration reation study, 100% did feel the effects.

I have posted a couple tests on the other complaint I believe all of you have posted to before. I believe it was the one titled "gay strap" or some variation. I encourage you to try them. These are just examples of frequencies both good and bad but without any of the proton aligning products required.

The only active 'proof' of the product is through Ph testing a glass of water. I know a fellow distributor who did this personally. You simply take the glass of tap water, put a Ph meter in it (or even use test strips purchased at a pet store for fish tanks) and apply the Bionic Band. Over the course of a few hours, you will see it change. They also did this on themselves and found over the course of a few days, they tested less acidic as well.

We can not offer any additional information regarding the pain relief properties as again, this is not what the products were created for so no testing has been done on it. The bands were strictly created for strength, balance, coordination, range of motion, etc. with regard to proton misalignment caused by EMF pollution in the body.

I hope this offers some clarification! Thanks!

7th of Dec, 2010

Your clarification is incorrect.

I aksed the FDA

"Does a product which claims to relieve pain need FDA testing and approval before it can be sold for that reason in the US. I was under the impression that you could not just make claims that you have a product that relieves pain and sell it without any sort of testing having taken place, especially one which claims to emit a frequency in a similar way to mobile phones etc.

Can you check this out. http://sdanderson.bionicfamily.com/Web/ca/en/painrelief.dhtml Apologies if I am wrong and the US does allow anyone to sell products for pain relief with no FDA testing."

The reply was

"Your interest in contacting the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) through your recent email is appreciated.

After looking at the website whose link you provided and seeing the claims of pain relief and more, it appears that the Bionic Band would qualify as a medical device under the regulatory authority of the FDA. You can read more about this authority at the FDA medical device website of http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationandGuidance/Overview/ClassifyYourDevice/ucm051512.htm .
    If you wish to pursue this matter with the FDA, may I ask that you forward this information to the Office of Regulatory Affairs here? That office entertains many concerns about internet sales of medical products and can be contacted at webcomplaints@ora.fda.gov.

Thank you for your conscientious effort in this matter."

From the FDA regulations

"A device is:

"an instrument, apparatus, implement, machine, contrivance, implant, in vitro reagent, or other similar or related article, including a component part, or accessory which is:

recognized in the official National Formulary, or the United States Pharmacopoeia, or any supplement to them,
    intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, in man or other animals, or
    intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or other animals, and which does not achieve any of it's primary intended purposes through chemical action within or on the body of man or other animals and which is not dependent upon being metabolized for the achievement of any of its primary intended purposes."

See the bit where it talks about "intended to affect the structure", it does claim to align the protons, so how doe sthat fit?
    It does claim to mitigate balance problems, it does claim to mititgate sleep disorders.

So in what way do you think that this is not within the FDA remit. you seem to be ignoring that this is not a claim of homeopathy, it is a claim that the body structure is effected. That's very different.