Bionaire Humidifiers / Try someone else's product!

I purchased 2 Bionaire humidifiers (BCM5520RC). They humidify beautifully as long as the filters work. However, the filters last 3 weeks at best using the instructions in the manual and not a moment longer. I wrote to Bionaire, to Holmes (who manufactures both the filter and the humidifier, and to Lowe's (where I purchased the product) advising them that the cost of the filter's are prohibitive to the running of the equipment. Of the three e-mails I sent, each received the automated "We will get back to you within 24 hours". Thus far 6 weeks has passed and I have received no additional correspondence. To my letters saying that their 24 hours was up long ago, I get the same "We will get back to you within 24 hours".

A box of 6 filers (an odd number because you need 4 in the humidifier) costs $24.50. I need 4 filters every 3 weeks. Hence, I buy a box of filters every month for 4 months minimum. Double this because I own two of the Bionaire Humidifiers. That means, this equipment costs me no less than $260 a season to humidify the area. Nothing I have done extends the life of these filters including using filtered water. So let me say to one and all that unless money isn't an issue - the Bionaire humidifier and filters is not a good investment. Try someone else's product.

Comments

• Di
      20th of Feb, 2009

Bionaire products are made in a flimsy manner with no quality control.
    the units appear to work well...for a moment...next day the water tank leaks, naturally they do not have replacements "in stock"...no quality control and appalling customer service.
    not worth a dime.

• Gr
      14th of Dec, 2017

I bought a Bionaire “whole house” console model two years ago - it is now outside warranty. It has two cheap rubbers washers which are faulty and need replacing to stop the water tanks from leaking. Guess what? Jarden Consumer Solutions won’t sell me the washers. They basically said the unit is a toss away if any part fails - even the smallest and cheapest one. I would suggest you steer clear of Sunbeam, Bionaire and Holmes Humidifiers, all of which are from JCS.