Binverse / Fraudulent advertising

Binverse.com is a Usenet hosting company that advertises a fourteen-day free trial with 5 GB at their fastest speed and unlimited downloads at a lower speed of I Mbps. In fact, you only get the 5 GB of dowloading, then they try to force you to purchase a plan. You usually use up the 5 GB in the first day, so in fact it is a 1-day trial with a hard 5 GB limit. There is no unlimited, lower speed downloading! Please be forewarned and avoid them at all cost.

Te

Comments

• Tr
      6th of Jul, 2009

I received two 3.00 charges on my credit card for signing up for a free trial.

7th of Jul, 2009

try1990,

We're sorry to hear that you are seeing two $3.00 charges. Please note that these are likely "authorization holds" on your card which should disappear the next day. An authorization hold is used to verify that your credit card is valid. Your card wasn't actually charged.

This is similar to what a gas station will do when you pay at the pump. They verify your card is valid before letting you pump gas.

If you only signed up for the free trial there should be only one authorization hold for $3.00. If the holds haven't disappeared yet, please contact Binverse support for assistance.

Sorry again for the confusion. We hope this clears things up.

Thanks for trying Binverse!

Best regards,

8th of Jul, 2009

Thank you for clearing things up, but it would be nice to know in advance because that scared the ### out of me.

8th of Jul, 2009

No problem. We hope you like the trial. If you end up not wanting the service please make sure to cancel your trial before the end of the 14 days and you won't be charged.

Thanks again,

14th of Jul, 2009

Hi Terryk,

The Binverse 14 Day Free Trial does include unlimited 1Mbps downloads. In the upper right hand corner of the Binverse software there are two buttons that allow you to switch between "Standard Speed" (1Mbps) and "Quantum Leap" (uncapped speed). To access the unlimited 1Mbps downloads all you need to do is push the "Standard Speed" button.

If you have any questions or concerns in the future please contact us through our free Email or Phone support (that way we can be sure we won't miss them and that you will get an answer in a timely fashion)

Thanks,

18th of Jul, 2009

The website clearly states that "YOUR CREDIR CARD IS NEVER CHARGED"
    This means that ANY charge or fee whatsoever is unlawful. The company failed to state there is a $3.00 charge and then charged it without asking.

Do NOT under any circumstances give your credit card information to these scammers. It is not safe!

Also note that the free trial only gave me a password to the website and did not include a password to use the downloads. Therefore the free trial is not free and does not work. This company is a total scam.

31st of Jul, 2009

Hi Trequil,

As stated above the $3.00 is not a charge but an authorization hold to verify your card is valid. The authorization hold should disappear from your account within a day.

If you did not receive your password for the software it probably ended up in your spam folder. If you do not find it in your spam folder please contact customer service and we will resend it. http://www.binverse.com/BNV/Shop/misc/support/miscSupportForm.cfm?

Sorry for any confusion

13th of Aug, 2009

I agee, this is one of the worst companies I"ve ever dealt with. Signed up for a "free" 14 day trial. Was out of the country doing business(legitimate business none-the-less, unlike what these clowns do) These guys had the nerve to charge me $100 for a annual membership! Called their 1-800 number and explained that I wouldn't have minded so much if they had just charged me for a month subscription instead of a whole year at once. Customer service reps gave me the run around along with fake names and wouldn't even tell me the company's mailing address. Don't expect them to be in business much longer, because I'm going to make that $100 back that they stole from me whatever way I have to. Even if that means making them hire counsel to see me in a courtroom. I plan on filing a complaint with the New Jersey State Attorney General's Office as well as The Better Business Bureau. I also will be disputing the charge with VISA and dedicating the next 3 months of my life to destroying this companies image.

Avoid this scam operation at all costs! STAY AWAY FROM BINVERSE.COM WHATEVER YOU DO!!

14th of Aug, 2009

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience with Binverse. Please email promotions@binverse.com with your username and I'll make sure you get your refund.

Please note that you do agree to the subscription model when you signup and we do send out an email reminder several days prior to the end of the free trial warning you that you will be charged if you do not cancel the free trail by the end of the 14 days.

We want a positive experience for our customers and hope you will take our offer to refund the charge to your account.

Also, Binverse does publish its mailing address on our website. I've provided a link for your reference.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope to help you resolve this situation.

16th of Aug, 2009

Well, binverse is a scam. I´ve had the service for three months now. They have something called "unlimited download". A function that does not work at all. You are actually forced to use the Quantum Leap function where you are limited to download 30 gb per month.

• Te
      16th of Aug, 2009

I think the lower speed may work if you use their client, but their client is not available for Macs (or Linux, I suspect). So for a lot of us, it is not really available. Most important, they do not reveal these limitations before you sign up. If they are an honest company, they should change their website to reflect the true nature of their offer.

18th of Aug, 2009

Hi Jack,

Terryk is correct, you need to use the free Binverse client provided when you signup to access the unlimited 1Mbps downloads (in the client there is a button in the upper right hand corner to switch between the two modes). We already talk about this in the quickstart guide but we'll make some changes to make it more apparent (as well as adding some language to let people know the mac version in not ready yet).

Sorry for the confusion,

19th of Aug, 2009

I use a pc and I use the Binverse client. Still when I push the "unlimited 1Mbps" button my downloads just stops. The unlimited function worked very nice during my "try out" period but after I signed up and paid for the service the unlimited function magicly stopped working. I even tried to reinstall the Binverse client, still no sucess.

19th of Aug, 2009

We haven't had any reports of this happening for anyone else. Please email your account information to promotions@binverse.com and I'll have someone work with you to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,

• Se
      20th of Aug, 2009

This company is a scam. They charged me 100.00 too for a years subscription. I called the 1800 number and they said there was nothing they could do. There was only one person i spoke to and she said there was no one else there who could help. What kind of a company had only one rep on staff. I will talk to my bank tommorow and if anyone knows how i can get this off my account email me at sean70001@yahoo.com

• Pu
      11th of Sep, 2009

Signed up today and service works very well. Search is SUPER fast! The one year subscription charge after the 14 days is CLEARLY noted in the free trial terms, as is the authorization process for the card used, as well as other options for service. All you had to do was read the terms before you checked the box and accepted, there are not 6 pages of EULA, it's all spelled out very clearly.

• Co
      24th of Sep, 2009

Binverse is most definitely a scam. You will get 5gb of downloads ONLY. When I sent a message to their "support" my "membership" was promptly canceled. ### Binverse.

• Co
      24th of Sep, 2009

Binverse - Unauthorized Chargers
    Comment in Complaint

'nough said. Nice try with the damage control... but you fail.

• Wi
      18th of Nov, 2009

i have been using binverse for a couple of months now and apart from the odd server issue, it great i have the Quantum Leap Downloads and have downloaded over 100gb this month alone, so how jack dole can say u are limited to 30gb a month with this is untrue, i am very imprested with binverse so far.

• Bu
      10th of Jan, 2010

I recently signed up for Binverse and so far after two days I am really satisfied with the service. I do see the authorizations on my credit card but most companies do some sort of authorization even for a trial. It's nice that they offer a free trial. I am glad i did read about them charging for one year after the 14 days if you do not select your choice of service or cancel. I did not know that and will make sure i do. But they were prompt with emailing me my information needed for using the service and the actual software and how it works is GREAT. With the built in search engine and the File Genius feature it makes everything really easy even to a novice with newsgroups.