Bingo Cameras / Fraudulent sales practices

On June 4th, 2009 I was led to believe that I purchased a Sony HDR-XR500V 120G Camcorder with additional accessories. I called their sales dept the next day find out when it would be delivered, given that there was no delivery date on my receipt. I was told between 7 and 10 days by their staff. After 2 weeks had gone by and I had yet to receive my order, I called again. I was then told that the order is back ordered and they are set to receive them on July 7th, 2009 and they would ship my order out on July 8th or 9th. After not receiving my order by July 15th, I decided to call their sales dept again. This time I talked to a rude young man, who after I told him what had transpired, told me that the Camcorders were never coming in July 7th, but that they were coming in on Aug 7th, and he didn't no who told me such a thing (With a Laugh). At this point I have been extremely patient for about 40 days and figured if it came in when they said this time, I won�t miss all of my families summer activities. I decide to call again on august 10th (Yes, it has been over 2 months now) and who do I get on the phone in their dept, that fast talking rude young man. I give him my order # and he proceeds to tell me that its backordered. I ask till when and then he tells me it was an Overseas buy and they are not getting anymore, plus he told me I forgot to order a battery charger anyway, but I could get a Kit/Package with the same camera for around $1400.00.My original order was a little over $600.00 dollars.In disbelief I say no thank you. He then tries to talk me into purchasing a different Camcorder, a HDR-XR100 for around a $1000.00. I feel like they held my summer memories Hostage here for about 3 months. I trusted them and they continued to disappoint.So as of now, I have waited all Summer for nothing.My original order was the following: Order#BNG6425 with the purchase price of $633.70 which includes a Sony HDR-XR500V 120GB Handycam Camcorder with a 2hr Hi-Power lithium rechargeable battery, 3 piece glass filter kit, digital case, Lens care & Maintenance package, and Capkeeper. All I want is what I was promissed from this company.

Br

Comments

•   6th of Sep, 2009
    Bingo Cameras - Scam
    Louisiana

This place is a scam. They tried to get $1000.00 from my account for a $300.00 sale. Do not buy anything from them. Have reported this to the bank and the FBI.

• Pc
      16th of Sep, 2009

Did this ever get resolved?

• Pc
      16th of Sep, 2009

I'm currently waiting for a purchase from this company and wish I read your message first. It has only been a couple of days but I'm not feeling the warm and fuzzies.. Did you resolve this issue with the company or get your money back?

• Ro
      19th of Sep, 2009

I am starting to get a little worried now after reading your problems. I puchased a flash for my dslr and paid for 3 day shipping, as I do live in the virgin Islands, and thought it would be a fair amount of time. Well 2 days over the 3 has come and went.If it is not here by monday I will cancel it off my card.I wish I knew what # you are calling, as the one on their site (877-321-0165) is always busy.A little personal note to Bingo: Peter, if you get this I would like a call from you before the close of Monday business.This is Rob on St. Croix.I will say no more as I know you know who it is and also have my # as you have called me twice.Thank you everyone, and you all have a great weekend.

• Ff
      18th of Oct, 2009
    Bingo Cameras - camera scam
    Bingo Cameras

This is exactly what happens when you order from Bingo Cameras: They advertise products at a too-good-to-be-true price. Once you order, you are sent an email asking to call them to confirm the order. Already getting fishy at this point. The "confirmation department" is actually a sales departement that will try to tell you to "upgrade" to a different product. In my case I ordered a nikon d90. They said that model was from japan and i wouldnt be able to use it. So why did they have it listed for sale if it cant be used? They wanted me to "upgrade to a nikon d3000 (which is worth half as much). They said I would then need batteries, warranty, charger, 8% cost for shipping insurance, among other things. The total bill was twice as much as it was originally for, and I now had a camera worth half as much. I tried to cancel and he said just try it out first. He said this because he knows there is a 10-15% restocking fee + shipping back to him and it would decrease my chance of sending it back. I called him back about 20 minutes later demanding him to cancel. He said sorry but it already shipped out. In 20 minutes? Yeah right. I asked him over and over and he finally said he would cancel and then he hung up on me pissed off. His name is Ryan and he sucks.

18th of Oct, 2009

All the more reason to BUY LOCALLY, instead of the rip off internet!

• Bc
      26th of Oct, 2009

Do not buy from Bingo Cameras. They are running an illegal operation and are about to be taken down by the FBI

• Go
      19th of Dec, 2009
    Bingo Cameras - poor service/scam/no product
    Bingo Cameras.com
    they dont give you this info
    they dont give you this info
    Phone: 1-877-321-0615
    Bingocameras.com

Be aware of the poor service and shady way this company does biz!I canceled my order and canceled credit card to get out of the scam they run.great prices, no product and no service...don't shop at BINGO CAMERAS.com I think they run sites under other names also, be careful, be careful. be careful

• Ca
      20th of Dec, 2009

ORDERED Canon HV30 found out it was on back order two weeks later. They actually lowered their price online right then too so I called in. The sales rep told me the camera was on back order and when I asked why they just lowered the price then. He hung up on me.

DO NOT BUY. NEVER BUY BINGO CAMERAS. Save your time and money.

• Rj
      8th of Jul, 2010

I placed an order for two d5000 bodies on july 2nd, because they were on sail for $139. I paid the extra $25 for shipping(3 day air). On the 7th I got an email from them saying that I need to call and confirm. That seemed odd to me, I buy online alot and have never had to call and confirm my order before it will ship. I called and was put on hold. I spoke to 4 differnet people all of which asked for my order number them promptly transfered me to the next person. Finaly the fourth person told me that I would recieve another email telling me when my order should be recieved. On the 8th I still had not recieved any email from them so I called. I spoke to a women she told me that it was still being processed and I should recieve my email in a couple of hours. When I started to complain about the $25 three day shipping on an order that had not even shipped I was told after I recieved my cameras I could call and have them credit my account, then she hung up on me. I called right back mad. I spoke with another person and told him what just happened he ask for my zip code. He told me my cameras had been back ordered fo 8 weeks and I was never charged. Why was I not told this in the first place. This is no way to do business. This company is a joke. I will not buy from them ever again.