Bingo Camera / bait and switch

Bingo Camera
Bingo has buyers call to confirm order and then attempts to sell accessories such as the camera battery for 4X the going price. When I declined add-ons I was told the order would be shipped in 10 to 15 WEEKS! When I cancelled the order it seemed expected. Shady way to do business. Offering a $20 battery for $149. Don't bother with them.

N  28th of Jul, 2009 by
Use opticsplanet. They are great.
N  28th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Their business hours indicate that they are religious Jews. So they can't be that bad.
A  12th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
yes, they are that bad. they are really really bad and dishonest.
A  14th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
run for your life. scam artists if there ever was any. Why hasnt the atty general put them out of business
A  12th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Bingo Cameras is a horrible business with all sorts of manipulative practices and outright lies. I ordered a Canon XH-A1 from their website. They then called me and told me it was discountinued and that I should instead get a Canon HV40 as they said it will do everything the other would do and more. I was pressed for time as I had a video shooting deadline and so I agreed to the change. I should have looked more as I needed the manual controls of the more professional line. I called back a little later telling them I didn't want it, and the salesman said I should stick with the purchase and I would be very happy with it and if I didn't like it, just return it. A little later in the day after more digging I called to cancel the order and it had been shipped.

Now I go to return the unopened package and they demand a check or money order for restocking fee (never mentioned that fee during the sale) and other charges adding up around $500 before they would issue a RMA# and I refused to do that. Talked with their supervisor and he wouldn't budge. They are sending me a couple free items to make me happy but I'll just try and sell the camera and accessories somewhere to recover my money and I am NOT happy. I ordered a SonyHVR-Z7U from a different company after I learned I couldn't trust Bingo. Their cheap advertised products are actually written in chinese and the retail packages and their prices can't be viewed by a simple search of their website.