Bingo Camera / bait and switch

Bingo has buyers call to confirm order and then attempts to sell accessories such as the camera battery for 4X the going price. When I declined add-ons I was told the order would be shipped in 10 to 15 WEEKS! When I cancelled the order it seemed expected. Shady way to do business. Offering a $20 battery for $149. Don't bother with them.

Td

Comments

• Su
      28th of Jul, 2009

Use opticsplanet. They are great.

• Sm
      28th of Aug, 2009

Their business hours indicate that they are religious Jews. So they can't be that bad.

12th of Sep, 2009

yes, they are that bad. they are really really bad and dishonest.

• Ve
      14th of Sep, 2009

run for your life. scam artists if there ever was any. Why hasnt the atty general put them out of business

• Gr
      12th of Oct, 2009

Bingo Cameras is a horrible business with all sorts of manipulative practices and outright lies. I ordered a Canon XH-A1 from their website. They then called me and told me it was discountinued and that I should instead get a Canon HV40 as they said it will do everything the other would do and more. I was pressed for time as I had a video shooting deadline and so I agreed to the change. I should have looked more as I needed the manual controls of the more professional line. I called back a little later telling them I didn't want it, and the salesman said I should stick with the purchase and I would be very happy with it and if I didn't like it, just return it. A little later in the day after more digging I called to cancel the order and it had been shipped.

Now I go to return the unopened package and they demand a check or money order for restocking fee (never mentioned that fee during the sale) and other charges adding up around $500 before they would issue a RMA# and I refused to do that. Talked with their supervisor and he wouldn't budge. They are sending me a couple free items to make me happy but I'll just try and sell the camera and accessories somewhere to recover my money and I am NOT happy. I ordered a SonyHVR-Z7U from a different company after I learned I couldn't trust Bingo. Their cheap advertised products are actually written in chinese and the retail packages and their prices can't be viewed by a simple search of their website.