Billy MayesObnoxious

1 Review updated:

There are a LOT of revolting commercials on TV, but the absolute most totally obnoxious commercials are by that loud mouth billy Mayes. There is not one single product that he shouts about that we will ever purchase, at any price, no matter what it is.

Comments

• Na
      Sep 23, 2008

I have to add my complaint about Billy Mayes as well. It seems that He just does not tout one product but a whole slew of them.

He is loud and very obnoxious. I understand this is how he makes his living but, does he need to shout about them. It really does fray a persons nerves. Isnt there any way to get him from shouting?

• Ba
      Sep 23, 2008

A lot of the perceieved loudness is due to audio compression, which is done on all commercials...his to a greater extent.

• Ji
      Sep 24, 2008

This type of ad is an invasion of my private residence. If someone came to my door and shouted like Billy Mayes, I would smack him upside the head with a 2x4. The FCC is partially to blame because they allow ads like this to be perpetrated on the American public. Some one should get and distribute Billy's home phone number so everyone can call and scream at him.

• Do
      Sep 26, 2008

I completely agree with all the other complaints on Billy Mayes and his loud mouth. I wouldn't mind it so much because I mute him anyway, but when he begins his stupid commercials by screaming, I nearly jump out of my skin. Someone please shut this man up!!! I can't take it anymore.

Oct 18, 2008

I think Billy should have a nice soothing cup of SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

• Co
      Oct 19, 2008

Listen up advertisers. It seems that many people agree that this man is aggitating. Do you actually think we will even pay attention to your product? I, like many, mute him as soon as I hear him, so your dollars are wasted and a potentially good product is left in the silence.

• Ji
      Oct 23, 2008

When Billy comes on my TV I automatically hit mute or OFF. This type of advertising should be banned.

Oct 25, 2008

I am sick and tired of Billy Mays and wish someone would take this blow-hard off TV! Furthermore, I've never bought anything from him and have no intention too! Will someone please get rid of this guy, soon?!

• Fe
      Oct 26, 2008

He makes my blood preassure rise everytime his loud mouth blurts out garbage on my tv. I haven't met anyone yet that can tolerate his voice. I automatically assume that every product that he advertises is cheap dollar store junk because that's all he's ever represented. What the hell are these companies thinking when they hire him. Are they deaf!?
    MUTE doesn't work fast enough!

• Br
      Nov 05, 2008

i want billy mayes to die a horrible death...cancer, burned alive or eaten alive by sharks...now that would be a cool commercial

• Pa
      Nov 09, 2008

I AM TOTALLY AMAZED----EVERY PERSON THAT HAS REGISTERED A COMPLAINT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM THAT I HAVE WITH THIS LOUD MOUTH---WHENEVER HE COMES ON---NO MATTER WHAT ROOM I'M IN---I CAN HEAR THIS STUPID ### SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS----I ACTUALLY INVENTED A BILLY MAYES AUTOMATIC MUTE BUTTON ON MY REMOTE----WHENEVER HIS OBNOXIOUS VOICE COMES ON---IT AUTOMATICALY MUTES THE T.V.----I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM FALL FROM THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING----TOUTING HIS STAIN REMOVER AS HE IS GOING DOWN----IT WOULD GO LIKE THIS---BILLY MAYES HERE----I'M GOING TO DEMONSTRATE THIS WONDERFUL STAIN REMOVER----WHEN THEY REMOVE MY BODY FROM THE PAVEMENT--YOU WON'T SEE ANY STAINS----THIS WOULD BE HIS FINEST HOUR----

• Gr
      Nov 14, 2008

Ditto: I can't stand the guy. I hit mute button. Maybe if we get enough people to call the number they might take him off. The ties up the lines and nothing gets sold. What do you think?

• Gr
      Nov 14, 2008

Here is the number to Oxiclean Company. Let's bombard them with complaints.

Customer Service: [protected]

Church & Dwight Consumer Relations
    469 N. Harrison St.,
    Princeton, NJ 08540

Nov 14, 2008

Here is the email to Oxiclean. Keep sending your complaints there. I set up a email program to bombard them with complaints. Lets get this idiot off the air.

[protected]@churchdwight.com

Nov 16, 2008

HEY BILLY MAYES HERE!!! CHRISTMAS IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER AND I'LL BET YOUR GONNA NEED SOME STOCKING STUFFERS FOR YOUR LOVED ONES!!! HERE IS JUST A PARTIAL LIST OF CRAP THAT I PEDDLE!!! OxiClean, Orange Clean, Orange Glo, Hercules Hook wall hangers, Simoniz Fix It Scratch Remover, Ding King automotive dent remover, Zorbeez absorbent towels, Lint-B-Gone lint brush, Samurai Shark knife sharpener, Liquid Diamond car waxing product, AwesomeAuger Ground Auger, Weed Auger, and Power Extender gardening tools, Turbo Tiger vacuum cleaner, FreeFone wireless phone holder, Handy Switch remote light switches, Mighty Putty, Micro-Men Duster, FoneFree wireless cellphone headset, Easy Off Bam!, Sealtite Tire Sealant, Currie Motors Chrysler Credit Hotline, Vidalia Slice Wizard, Vidalia Chop-it, Steam Buddy wrinkle remover/creaser, Cutco Kitchenware, Street Options Auto Accessories, Energize energy supplement, EngraveIt, Kaboom!, Never Ever Scrub Tile Cleaner, Sandstrom OnTV, Mighty Mend It, Big City Slider Station, Gopher reach extending tool.
    CALL WITHIN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES AND I'LL THROW IN AN AUTOGRAGHED LASER GUN LINT REMOVER!!! CALL ME NOW!!!

Now after reading this, don't you want to run out and buy each and every one of those great products?
    NOT!!!

• St
      Dec 10, 2008

Go to Billies web offical web site and leave your comments there. http://www.infomercials-tv.com/blog/2006/09/hercules_hook_h.html?cid=142293980#comments

• Sk
      Jan 03, 2009
    Billy Mayes - Loud, obnoxious, and false advertisment
    9200 E. 159th Ave.
    Brighton
    Colorado
    Phone: [protected]

Is there any chance you can tape this mans mouth shut. He's loud, obnoxious, and is a false advertizer. The same thing applies to the Shamwow Jerk! I will NEVER buy anything more from your advertisments! Everything you folks advertise is false and missleading! BS, BS for you people take advantage of those less informed. Shame on you Shame on you!

• Aa
      Jan 04, 2009

I personally can't stand the very sound of this screaming idiot. If I could put his testicals in a vice, I'd give him something to scream about. Anyone that employs this idiot, I avoid their products just to make sure I don't contribute to his welfare. If i knew his home phone number I'd call him at my expense just to screamin his ear!!

• Kr
      Jan 27, 2009

thank god, i am not the only one that thinks this guy is an idiot. his commercials are very annoying, just because of that I won't buy anything he sells

• Li
      Feb 05, 2009

Linda Davies
    I can`t take his CONSTANT SHOUTING!!! and I refuse to buy anything he is trying to sell. Who knows, MAYBE he`ll wake up one morning with Laryngitis... I could not BELIEVE all the complaints there were on him...UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Feb 17, 2009

I disagree. Even if Billy Mays hurts your ears, this is no way to react. You shouldn't hate someone just because he's making a living. He's unique, and he came up with his own way to sell roducts. It's his trademark, and a lot of people that I know like his commercials. I haven't met anyone that hates his commercials. And, it's not his fault if the products end up at a dollar store. He doesn't scram THAT loud. He just gets your attention. He's a good salesman, not an obnoxious ###.

Mar 14, 2009

Maybe it would get him off the air if we complained to the TV stations that run the commercials. Personally, I flip to a different channel if it wasn't already on DVR - then I just skip over it anyway.

• Cb
      Mar 17, 2009

I am also SO VERY SICK of this guy. Misleading and dishonest! Billy Mayes sucks and so do his products.

• Bi
      Mar 24, 2009

BIlly Mayes Is the ###ing Man i love oxi clean

• Di
      Mar 25, 2009

As mean as it sounds, he is on my (short) list of people that I genuinely wish they would literally just die. The world would be a better place *without* his loud ### sphincter, er, mouth endlessly flapping at 215db.

• Sh
      Mar 26, 2009

I knew I wasn't the only person that found this man annoying and obnoxious! I also grab my remote and push the mute button whenever he comes on. Unfortunately, I can't mute him fast enough. I have totally boycotted any product he sells. I don't wish death on him, I just wish he would get off the air forever.

Get off the air, Billy

Mar 31, 2009

I can't stand Billie Mayes !!
    I have written to Oxiclean etc etc also; complaining about him. I usually just hit the remote to change channels now...I can't endure his voice anymore. I read one comment that said someone should put his testicles in a vice...do you think he has testicles ??!! I don't !!

• To
      Apr 06, 2009

I SO HATE BILLY MAYS' VOICE. THE ONE THING WE CAN FIND SOLACE IN, IS THAT SOMEDAY HE'LL BLOW HIS VOCAL CORDS. IMAGINE HIS BED MATE WHEN LETS LOSE!WAIT, THAT WOULD IMPLY THAT BILLY HAS A BED MATE. I AM GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL.
    ALL KIDDING ASIDE, YES BILLY HAS A LOUD VOICE, BUT SOMEONE ALSO MENTIONED MANIPULATING THE COMPRESSION OF THE RECORDING. IMAGINE THAT, NOT ONLY IS BILLY ORGANICALLY LOUD, BUT A SOUND TECH IDIOT MAKES HIM LOUDER!!!
    I SAY BOYCOTT EVERY PRODUCT THIS LOUD-MOUTH PEDDLES, BUT THE CHANNELS THAT AIR THESE 30 SECOND SOUND-POLLUTION INVASIONS OF PRIVACY!

• Du
      Apr 14, 2009

I like him he is awesome! You people are to old and you do not get it. Its the way he sells something. think about it!! if he didnt yell it wouldnt grab your attention! that is the whole reason why he yells! think you wouldnt be here complaining if he didnt. you wouldnt be here being mad over this stupid crap. you people just dont have anything to do!

May 26, 2009

I saw the advertising on TV about ordering a kit or tube that takes stratch out of your car, guaranteed.
    After I ordered the product, it would not allowed me to complete the order. I had to listened to 15 or 20 other product they was trying to sell me. I was on the phone for at least 15 minutes. What a shame, Billy Mayes need to have them stop pain, listening to 12 or 20 other products. Please Billy, stop the pain. So when you ordered, if that the product I want let me have it, don't take me through the pain. If you are a real and honest person, you'll stop it.

• Ka
      May 28, 2009

You people are just frackin silly. If you think he is to loud then just turn down the volumn. How hard is that? The man has more personality in his little toe than most people have in there intire body. Have you seen the show Pitchmen on A&E? With Billy and Sullivan? GREAT show. Watch it and you will learn not to judge him by his voice. He and Sully are so funny.

• Jb
      Jun 08, 2009

Billy Mays is a freakin wuss on Pitchmen. He just trys to hog the spot light and throws temper tantrums when someone else takes time away from him. Someone needs to start a site stopbillymays.com. The guy is pathetic.

• Ca
      Jun 28, 2009

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO YELL EVERYTHING!

I CAN HEAR YOU!

I WOULD RESPECT YOU IF YOU SPOKE AT A NORMAL VOLUME AND MAYBE I'D EVEN LISTEN TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!

BUT INSTEAD I GRAB THE REMOTE AS FAST AS I CAN AND EITHER HIT MUTE OR CHANGE THE CHANNEL BECAUSE YOU MAKE MY EARS BLEED!!!

• Gl
      Jun 28, 2009

it's hilarious how people get riled up over a commercial. maybe if you guys chilled out a bit your blood pressure's wouldn't be so high. i'd never let a commercial get to me the way it's getting to you people.

• Re
      Jun 28, 2009

u fools are stupid u are the consumer of ur own telivision set and with what draws the attention onf the avredge american buyer is a load mothed or colerfull peice of ### product u you dumb ### as u sit your on ur computer and complain like a set dumb ###s .u still understand . why do u think kids love cartoons why do u think adults are attracted tto a place like los vegas cuz thats what draws them so as billy mayes is doing his job perfectly ur here complain all u just shut the ### upp

• Mc
      Jun 28, 2009

Don't yell your comments. This guy made millions with his voice. Personally, I love Orange Glo and OxiClean. And when I see him in advertisment I believe it will work. Not that I run out and buy everything I see advertised, but I wait, watch, and see. God Bless him and his family.

• Ra
      Jun 29, 2009

Well don't worry. Billy Mayse won't be shouting at you complainers anymore. He was making a living . Doing a job. But now he has passed away so You people won't be subjected to his commercials anymore.

• Uw
      Jun 30, 2009

what a bunch of sissies! it's a f----ing tv ad, damn it! it's a sales pitch, geesh, vicodin's not doing it 4 all of u who actually take a minute of your life to COMPLAIN! I'm here to disagree, get lives, stop watching TV already! Go outside, and enjoy!

• Uw
      Jun 30, 2009

Whine, whine, whine. How about you all stop watching TV and get real lives, like outside your homes.

• Sh
      Jun 30, 2009

Well there u go folks, he's dead. You can find something else worthless to complain about now. ###ing losers