Billy Blanks / fraud

PO box 7780Broomfield, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18003577706

I ordered the AMPED DvD collection for the amt of $39.95. My debit card was charged $94.80. I was told I had "upgraded" my order to the delux package which included 2 additonal DvD's and an extra work out bar. I did not receive the delux package. And one of the DvD's did not play. I was told to return the items for a refund. A few days later another charge in the amount of $31.80 was charged (fraudulantly) to may account and I was told they were for vitamins and that I would also be charged two more addtional times in the amount of $3180. I was told to refuse the package and it would take 6-8 wks for a refund. I had to file a claim with my bank since it was an unauthorized use of my acct. I had to close my banking act. and contact an attorney.

Comments

Ba
  20th of Jul, 2006
They charge you for things you don't order and then will not refund your money. I have already filed a credit card fraud complaint and will be filing more. Call your local TV stations that advertise this and complain too.
Th
  22nd of May, 2007
I was charge for items I did not order. When I called the customer service desk they told me that I would be charged just as much to return the items as it was to purchase them. When you call to place your order you are communicating with an automated machine, which does not explained everything clearly.
Ro
  1st of Jan, 2008
Dear Sir or Madaam,

On 01-01-08, at approximately 9:20 PM, I ordered the all new Billy's Tae Bo Amped system from your web site (order # 43ZB-ZBGH-63P4). Once, I submitted my order I was informed by your site that I was chosen to recieve a free additional amplifier. At first, I thought this is great. Thanks Billy! And without thinking I clicked the big "SEND ME MY FREE GIFT NOW!" button. Funny thing, turns out it's not only not free but it basically doubled the price I was actually willing to spend. And to make this scam even more efficient, once you click on the button for your "FREE GIFT!" there is no way to stop the order or to confirm you are really willing to spend the additional money for your "FREE GIFT!". It's too late. You've just been had.

I am sure that an extra $40 out of Billy's pocket is no big deal but, to the countless people who get tricked into purchasing his products it is. I wander how much money Billy makes off people like me who are too emarrassed to admit they made a mistake by trusting the big "SEND ME MY FREE GIFT NOW!" button? I know I'll never get an answer to that question but what I do know is that he'll never get another cent from me.

I am writing this complaint because I am angry that I was tricked out of $40 so easily. But what really upsets me, is that I know by complaining I'll just be the guy who is written off because I was too dumb to read the small print. Noone will say that your website is really attempting to trick people into clicking the giant "SEND ME MY FREE GIFT NOW!" button. Even though that is obviously the case. If it was not, there would be a chance to confirm the additional cost?
Je
  11th of Mar, 2008
If you get ripped off from Billy Blanks send a letter demanding your money back! Write to:

GT Media, Inc.
100 Park Avenue
New York , NY 10017

AND ALSO SEND TO:

Gaiam Corporate Headquarters
360 Interlocken Blvd.
Broomfield, CO 80021
or fax 303-222-3700

I sent letters to both places as well as a fax. I was contacted 2 days later and received a full refund to my act. I was out of the $$ for return shipping but that's o.k. If you really want Billy Blanks buy his stuff used off of EBAY so they can never make a penny off you again!

Scorned but healing,