Billview/ESBI / Fraudulent charges on Verizon bill

1 Chesapeake, VA, United States Review updated:

Realizing I had been paying several months of charges that I didn't authorize, I called Verizon. Their billing company apprently allows any charges to come through on Verizon accounts! They offered to BLOCK ACCESS to my account from outside companies - YOU MUST REQUEST THIS FROM YOUR PHONE COMPANY BILLING SERVICER! I may never get this money back, but Verizon really should "eat" the cost I've incurred!

Comments

• La
      28th of Aug, 2009

WOW how could this happen? What companies and where are they posted? I am a Verizon customer and will look at my bill.

• Co
      28th of Aug, 2009

I feel your pain dear friend! Verizon customer service sucks major ###. I had to call them 4 times over the course of 2 months to get our billing name and address changed and they did everything from lose faxes to drop my service one time because they sent the bill to the wrong/old address. I am convinced that Verizon hires only the dumbest people thy can get at the lowest pay. (This was the voice telephone division, Please don't get me started with their FIOS Internet customer service which is handled from Bangalore India and is utterly incompentent) Sadly the old days of Ma Bell are long gone . I know several retired Bell Telco employees who shake their heads in disgust at how Verizon and it's ### children regional Bell Telco's has totally destroyed what was once a stellar and proud company.

• Sh
      30th of Mar, 2011

I also had these charges on my bill for over a year. They are on the last page of bill, under misc. and ESBI. You first have to call these companies individually to try and retrieve monies. Verizon will only put a block on these numbers. Verizon stated that the FCC requires them to bill for these companies. I was in touch with the FCC and this is not true. Verizon is definitely getting a kick back from these companies. They are slowly returning some of the monies but I decided to go way back in my bills and I see this has gone on over a year, and I am still researching even further back. This should be illegal. When you get a water bill, you should only pay for water, when you get a phone bill you should only pay for your phone. These extra fees are hard to detect if you don't know they are there, because who would know what ESBI or EZSAVR is unless you knew. After researching, these are scam companies with no real product. EZSAVR claims to be a reward point coupon company, where u can shop specific store with your rewards. The only problem is that the stores you can shop in are unaware of this service. I could go on and on. We must fight this. My charges were $50 a month for over a year so far. That would be a nice addition to paying my mortgage down even more each month. It makes me sick. I am lucky I stumbled upon this now. It could have been another year of more wasted monies. If anyone has any idea how to pursue this please feel free to let me in on it. I am in the process of contacing the Better Business Bureau and continuing with FCC. I will get my money back, believe me!