Bills Made Simple / little to no service for cash paid

Santee, CA, United States Review updated:
My Father hired this company to negotiate a work out plan with his lender Wells Fargo /WMC serviced by ASC they got a whopping $100.oo of of one loan and 70.00 off the second charged us over 3000.00 for their "service" and then had the gull to say we did not pay their fee in full and turned over the account to a collection agency. This company took my father in a time of need when he was looking to save his home to me that's just being predatory and deceitful business practice.

Comments

Ta
  20th of Nov, 2008
This company did NOTHING for us except keep us guessing for months and months! We paid them a full mortgage payment PLUS $395 in fees! Our motgage went up $200! I tried to call them and got a customer service rep on the phone who yelled at me and said that they did their job. I have tried to call several several times to no avail..I am alway put into a machine stating that 'someone will call me back'. I have yet to be called back! We called them in a time of need...my husband is self employed, he broke his back and neck, did not work for 8 months! Therefore we fell behind on our mortgage...they are 'predators' and should be ashamed of themselves. We ended up getting everything worked out directly with our mortgage company in the end. This is a two-bit company and would not recommend them to anyone! They are not even listed in BBB..that should have been my first clue, but we were desperate!
  20th of Dec, 2008
I thought I was the only one!! I've had hardly any contact with the representative that got me into the program. I'm still wondering EXACTLY what's going on with my account. I'm young, never dealt with anything like this before and don't know what to do. Any advice is welcome!
  24th of Dec, 2008
Took a chance on these guys. Was behind on mortgage and looking to re-fi. Took my money, blew sunshine where it don't belong, meaning that I thought all was well based on their responses to my inquires about how things were going. After I got the forclosure notice (which I informed them about) their response was lacking. Long story short, I didn't hear back from them until after I had filed for a chapter 13 (got to provide the service they promised). If anyone ever decides to file a class action against these people let me know.
Ma
  17th of Jan, 2009
In March of 2008, I was uncertain as to what to do about my home. I had tried to get it refinanced putting it on a fixed rate, but the Mortgage Co would not do it, so I came across Bills Made Simple and what they would or could do to help me. I call them and explained to them my situation they told me that they could help me get it where I could live with the payment that I wanted. They e-mailed me the papers to fill out and explained to me about the fee, I sent it to them and they arranged for me to pay the balance due on the plan, but before I could get an answer to all of the questions asked the Mortgage Co foreclosed on me and it was very hard for me to get through to them to ask what is going on. I sent them better than $1600.00 for nothing, and cannot get any of my money back. This is a big scam that I was involved in and I was so sure that this would work for me. I have not heard from this since June when I asked about my money that I sent. I think that I am entitled to some of it if not all of it. They did not do anything for me to help me. I am living at a new address now and it is because of them. They always told me that they would help me but I know now that you cannot believe of this garbage that people tell you, they just want your money and not return it. If anyone want to file a suit against these people, please let me know I will gladly join you.
  16th of Feb, 2009
I'm interested in filing a class action. How do we get this started?
Aw
  9th of Mar, 2009

Bills Made Simple - Ripped me off
bills mad simple
1450 Frazee rd san diego ca
Rancho Santa Fe
Phone: 858-565-5200

Please DO NOT do business with this company!!! I have filed various complaints with the attorney generals office in Kansas & Oklahoma (where I live) I have also spoken on numerous occasions with the sheriffs office in california. These people will take your MONEY, They are not who they say they are! They are CRIMINALS!
We
  18th of Mar, 2009

Bills Made Simple - mortgage help
bills made simple
Winchester
California

I hired them in June of 2008, paid them with a credit card $2900.00 to help stop the foreclosure and do a loan remodification on our home. They stoppedthe foreclosure and then disapeared. I called repeatedly, left messages, sent emails with no response. One time they did say they were having problems with there phones and some one would get back to me. They never did. We ended up losing our home because the bank ASC which we have now learned was bought by Wells Fargo would not work with us because of them.
We have been staying with friends and just watched our home get sold for almost $100, 000.00 less than our mortgage was. SO now we have a foreclosure, 2 great jobs and nowhere to live.
What does it take to save your home.

Wendy
Ji
  24th of Mar, 2009
i have been ripped off to the tune of 1000+ per month for over one year. they have indicated that they settled two accounts but i have never recieved the settlement papers. i want to sue-whos in????
Ma
  19th of May, 2009
what are the names of the people you worked with there?

i have reason to believe they are still operating at the same place under a new name - "First Assist Financial"
De
  19th of May, 2009
here is what we found for that address of bills made simple and now first assist financial (renae simpson):

License Type: BROKER
Expiration Date: 01/05/09
License Status:
EXPIRED
Broker License Issued:
01/06/05 (Unofficial -- taken from secondary records)
Former Name(s): Bellante, Phillip Anthony
Main Office: NO CURRENT MAIN OFFICE ADDRESS ON FILE
DBA Guardian Mortgage
ACTIVE AS OF 01/06/2005
Guardian Realty and Mortgage
ACTIVE AS OF 01/06/2005
Branches: NO CURRENT BRANCHES
Affiliated Licensed Corporation(s): 01519509 - Officer Expiration Date: 12/13/09
PAB Group Inc
Comment:
NO DISCIPLINARY ACTION
NO OTHER PUBLIC COMMENTS
>>>> Public information request complete <<<<
De
  19th of May, 2009
so - with that in mind - it appears that this is merely another "boiler room" type of company...open up, drive a TON of business and money in, shut down for a few months and then open up again in the EXACT SAME LOCATION?!?! and continue to pull the same schemes...scary stuff happening in southern california (all across the country as well) with home mortgage scams.

at this point - buyer beware!
  17th of Jul, 2009
I can't find a way to edit this complaint however the address listed as the company is my fathers not the bills made simple adress
  30th of Nov, 2009
FOR THE LAST TIME THE ADDRESS LISTED AS BILLS MADE SIMPLE IS MY FATHERS ADDRESS NOT THAT OF BILLS MADE SIMPLE MY FATHER IS A VICTIM OF THIS COMPANY WE WERE RIPPED OFF AS WELL NOW I HAVE LAWYERS SENDING THREATENING LETTERS TO MY FATHERS HOME. PLEASE DISREGARD THE ADDRESS GIVEN FOR BILLS MADE SIMPLE IT SIMPLY IS NOT THIS COMPANY. I WANT THE WEB MASTER OF THIS SITE TO REMOVE MY FATHERS ADDRESS . I DO NOT KNOW HOW IT GOT PLACED AS BILLS MADE SIMPLE HOWEVER I WANT IT REMOVED!!!
Sa
  28th of Jun, 2010
The San Diego City Attorney’s Office maintains a Consumer Protection Unit. The unit is currently collecting information about loan modification businesses operating in the City of San Diego, including the company “Bills Made Simple.” To file a complaint against a business with the San Diego City Attorney’s Office, please contact our Consumer Hotline at 619-533-5600.
  12th of Aug, 2016

Bills Made Simple - did not do work promised and did not refund money
Bills Made Simple
4445 Eastgate Mall Suite 200
San Diego
Phone: 800-648-9686

I contacted Bills Made Simple in desperate need of help negotiating with our mortgage company. They kept telling me that they were working on my case but they could never give me any new information. Whenever I contacted them I never received a return phone call. I made payments on time to them each month. I paid them a total of $2, 300.00, I was told that if they could not help me I would be refunded they full amount. I have contacted three people regarding this issue. One of the people told me to fax a signed letter as to why I wanted a refund, so I did and I haven't heard anything since. That was a little over 2 months ago.
Sa