BillMatrix / Metro Pcs / can't pay bill - won't take debit card

1 CA, United States Review updated:

For the 3rd month in a row, since getting a new bank and new credit card, Bill Matrix cannot accept my payment. They would have me believe it's the card. I use the card for online and in person purchases everything from departments stores to merchandise companies all the way in China and no one but Bill Matrix has trouble accepting my card. When I check with my credit union that holds the card they say Bill Matrix has not attempted one single transaction. The card is a VISA debit card. Should work just like a credit card and does everyplace else. Spent over an hour tracking down a live person to talk with at Metro PCS, then Bill Matrix. They all would have me believe it's something with the way it's being entered or the card itself. Again, no problems with ANY other purchases and have done dozens the same day even. They leave me no choice now but to either set up Auto Pay, which deducts the charges more than 5 days before they are due or go into a Metro PCS store and pay an additional $3 convenience fee. Not acceptable when Bill Matrix Express pay was free, easy and convenient. If you ask me, they don't want to do anything for free so they want to force debit card payers into the "pay early" option or "$3 convenience fee" option. Bill Matrix staff couldn't even take down my credit card information and try it from their end. Because of course by then my account was locked for too many attempts to pay my bill. Process as a debit doesn't work (they probably simply don't take debit and no one will say it) so I click the option to process as a credit instead (the card does both everyplace except Bill Matrix Express Pay). Then one more time and you're locked out for 24 hrs. So, it's back to the inconvenient store to pay my bill in the most inconvenient way, oh and don't forget I will be charged the extra $3 convenience fee for the privilege of being inconvenienced in this way. Each month (3 now) I try to use Express Pay online as I did for over a year with my old bank account and old credit card. Each moth I end up frustrated and going in to the store again to pay. This is ###! When it's time for a new phone, it's time to say goodbye Metro PCS.

Comments

7th of May, 2011

Can't pay bill - won't take debit card

I soooo agree with the above Posted: 2011-03-09 by metropcssux. Today is May 6, 2011... over 2 years later and I'm having the exact same experience. After paying over the internet for 2 years the same way with the same card. Now the system claims something is wrong with the card. I have to go in and pay $3 extra and be inconvience when they accept the visa card in person that the system rejects over the internet. I hate the instore customer service because they hire idiots and ###s. It's apparent MetroPCS either doesn't care about giving decent customer service or they executives above just don't give a damn. When my phone break... I'll never deal with this company again if it's the last thing I do. I'm telling everyone I know DON'T GO METRO... ITS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND IGNORANCE AT ITS WORST. and don't lose your password you will never get to talk to a human over the phone again. If you go into the store and show your contract and drivers license, they still can't do anything about it. Eric/Manager on Labrea /Rodeo... is the greatest ### I've ever witnessed in my life. Where do they get these idiot managers from??? My password doesn't work and he can't do anything about it??? What am I suppose to do I ask, he says, "I don't know, I don't care, buy a new phone." America is going straight to hell with this new Mexican /business FU attitude. Sorry for all that live in Los Angeles.

• Pi
      26th of May, 2011

I am having the same problems with metro as the above customers. I think this is scam to get a $3.00 extra dollars. I will be looking for a new cell service soon. Sick of this ghetto company!!! UGH!!!

• Su
      20th of Jun, 2011

same problem i insisted metro try to pay with my card on the web site guess what he couldnt do it either but still insisted nothing wrong with bill matrix must be my card wanted to know who keeps the $3.00 both co. say they dont get it somebody is making big bucks by scamming us

• Nc
      1st of Sep, 2011

They will be reported to the BBB... had the same problem...bunchh of ###s exactly!

• Nc
      1st of Sep, 2011

METRO PIECE A SHYT!

• At
      4th of Oct, 2015

Also have the same issue, cannot pay bill on metropcs.com or over the phone.. Here is what you do to avoid the 3 dollar charge... Call customer service, tell them you are unable to pay your bill online. Then they will try to process the payment over the phone, which doesn't go threw. Next say "well this is very inconvenient for me as I just want to pay your company money...how about you lower my bill 3 dollars and I will go into the store and pay" worked for me and it still blows having to go in to store but at least saves 3 bucks. The only thing I got out of metro phone customer service guy was that my card has been blocked...dunno why or how but b.s... Good luck

• Bo
      6th of Mar, 2016

Same problem here. They just want your $3. And there is no way to talk to anyone about it or anyone to complain to. They will never get another penny from me.

• Sd
      11th of Mar, 2016

I have been a Metro PCS customer since 2011. I have paid by the automatic payment online service also. This issue for me just began this past December just three days before my December 12 payment. Metro PCS customer service folks are lying when they say they do not know why this is happening. I called my bank and they can plainly see that the issue is with Metro. One Chase Bank customer rep told me that she can see that Metro had incorporated a system-side change that that is the reason that my debit / cc do not work. So Metro has deliberately cancelled this service and probably did so to increase their bottom-line. Complain to your state's State Attorney General Office. They'll look into this widespread deception.

• Th
      13th of Mar, 2016

Same thing here I switch over to Metro PCs for its cheap phones. No reason I need a $300 phone from another service provider. But just like everyone else I'm having trouble paying my bill with the debit card. This problem has been affecting Metro PCs for years and is a very sneaky move to gain extra $3.

• Ti
      30th of Apr, 2016

Used metro for years. Like service and plan but am getting really annoyed with my card not working online or in phone. I don't even care about the three dollars, I live 20 miles away from closest metropcs store, and I'm honestly too scared to try my luck getting a prepaid metropcs card

• Za
      25th of May, 2016

Having the same dam problm. I was enrolled in auto pay, they have been trying to take the money 5 days before bill is due. After 3 attempts 2 or more days from due date I got a text saying my card was removed from thier system. Now I can't pay with the app, I cant even pay when I talk to a representative. Im being told to contact my card provider or go buy a metro card or go in store and pay thier ### fees cause they screwed up my auto pay. I've told them time after time don't take the money till the due date. Seems like they don't even hear what I got to say. Thier automated system is the worst. When you press 0 the operator insists I can be helped thier, refuses to transfer me until I've had another failed attempt. Every month it's a hassle with these ###s. Oh that's gonna be 3 extra dollars, oh you need to change your bill due date, that will be 5 extra dollars. nickel and dime you to death. Grrrrrrrrrrr

• Sh
      10th of Jun, 2016

I am getting a new phone carrier. Unable to pay online, with representative, or on the phone. Says invalid zip code. But no one else has an issue. Bubye dumb ### MetroPCS. T-Mobile has the worse signal anyway. Going to go with cricket or something instead.

• At
      8th of Sep, 2016

I am having the same probably paying my bill either via the 611, online or trying for hours to get someone from customer service on the phone. I, like many of you, think that MetroPcs does not have "free" payment services via payment thru your cell phone or online. MetroPcs wants to keep their services low in cost and therefore risk losing several customers by inconveniencing them to pay the fee via customer services or use gas to go to a store to pay an additional fee. I believe if we all band together and keep reporting to the BBB, someone will hear us and hold MetroPcs accountable for false advertising. When I complained and complained, MetroPcs would offer to reduce my bill every time BUT STILL DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. I went to another carrier only to come back because of the ridiculous charges from other carriers. It's just so frustrating to be told something is free only to find out that it's not and on top of it not being free, it's an inconvenience!

• Je
      21st of Dec, 2016

It's my understanding that certain customers and or card types are prevented from making bill payments to their account due to the amount of fraud. I have personally seem customer come in wanting to disconnect their accounts with past due balances since chargebacks where done on the payments they made, so in order to avoid having to pay the past due balance they rightfully owe, they cancel the phone and reactivate the phone with a new number which avoids them having to pay the money they owed for the services they had. It's a security feature that makes sense if you really think about it, I do not want my cell phone service to be higher because others always find ways to game the system. I would not be surprised if this policy applies at several companies too as some level.

• Cr
      24th of Jan, 2017

had the same problem today, i called to try to pay on the phone but it didn't work... metro pcs is getting wost every month.

• Dy
      10th of Feb, 2017

Same thing here. I have played online for a year with this card, only difference now is my bank sent me one with a chip in it. Now it won't take it. I should not have to pay extra because their systems are not up to date with this chip thing. Time to switch companies!

• To
      2nd of May, 2017

@Dyngdong121 https://www.facebook.com/groups/648994068634946/

15th of May, 2017

I am having the same problem. Got a text saying my autopay was cancelled, tried to reactivate it and was told my card was invalid (even though I use it everyday). Tried to pay with the mymetro app with no luck and finally had to pay the $3 extra in a store. My solution (hopefully) is that I have set up billpay through my bank so it will come out of my checking account and not my debit card. Hopefully this works or I will have to go back to Cricket.

• Mi
      15th of Jun, 2017

Second month in a row I'm unable to make a payment over the phone, online, or using the My Metro PCS app. RIDICULOUS! I am switching providers. I currently need to make a payment and the only way I am able to do so is by going to a Metro PCS location which is 20+ miles away from where I am right now. I HATE METRO PCS!!!

• Mi
      15th of Jun, 2017

I refuse to go to a store each month to make a payment. come on metro pcs... get your [censor] together! losers. all pissed and making me type in caps. ugh.

• Be
      5th of Aug, 2017

This same thing has been happening to me for 8 months now. I have to call Metro every month and speak to a manager. They tried telling me it's my card and I knew it wasn't and told them it wasn't. They create a ticket and in 3 days I can suddenly pay my bill online. But next month it happens again and I have to waste my time with the same process. I also tried to sign up for automatic bill pay but the system won't let me do that either because my account is "locked". Metro has to be spending more money on customer service or losing money because of customers leaving than it is by forcing people to spend $3 more because they have to go to the store. I refuse to go to the store I will continue to call every month and waste metros time and money. Doesn't seem cost effective to me.