Billinternet.com / Scam charges

1 Southampton, England, Hampshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I had £109.04 taken from my account without my permission, for no services whatsoever. Only found out about this when I got sent a letter from my bank saying I was overdrawn.

Gu

Comments

• Va
      16th of Jun, 2008

I had a page pop up when I was on the internet that said I had 47 viruses on my computer that may damage it completely, I had only just spent money on the computer so I didn't want it to brake. Anyway I could not continue with anything, the page looked alright so I purchased it.On screen it said it would be £49.95 but when I printed off the invoice for it, it came up £104.00.

I was not happy so I immediately went to see what it did to the viruses, there was none in the first place. The viruses vanished from screen before It finished downloading the software. Didn't even scan through them. On top of that the money is coming out of my account tomorrow and the antivirus 2008 has completely gone from my computer. Went with in 2 days of buying it.

• Je
      16th of Jun, 2008

I had a charge on my bank account without my permission payable to www.billinternet.com . for $39.29. Could you please explain charges and give credit back. I never authorized this payment, to my knowledge. Could also please send answer to jmasters@malaco.com. That is my place of employment. Thank you.

Jerry Masters
    jmasters@malaco.com
    jxn.jerry@comcast.net

17th of Jun, 2008

On the 3rd of june I found that there was a strong pop on my computer that says 700 virus found on my computer. even though that says the antivirus company, i didn't want to buy. But i coudn't delete that pop from my screen and it didn't let me go into any web site, untill I paid for their so call antivirus software. But I persived that even another antivirus company is also blocking me to go to any other web site.Even as I am talking now, I can't use that computer.The bad thing out of all is that I found that the antivirus software that I paid for is fake and they have gone into my accounts and with drawn £107.15 without my permission. Who can get me my money back and who in this world can stop these thiefs?

• St
      18th of Jun, 2008

Same thing happened to me

• Go
    Billinternet.com - Rip off
    BillInternet.com
    Israel
    www.billinternet.com

Pop ups came on screen telling me i had critical virus and that there product would clear them, i took the chance and dam if my computer crashed, they took $60from my account which I'm not happy about.

• Mo
      19th of Jun, 2008

I was charged 109.85 for no services to me. Found this out by my bank statement.

• Mo
      19th of Jun, 2008

That is what happened to me, did not ask or recieve any services from billinternet.com and on my bank statement there it was 109.85 dollars and I also would like them to x-plain and a full refund.

• Ju
      20th of Jun, 2008

I could not get them of my computer, they said I had 47 viruses and took $260-00 Aust. from my bank account. They are devious and extremely dishonest. I have requested a refund three times, so far to no avail.

20th of Jun, 2008

i purchased a antivirus 2008 but it was no good i cant find the program on the inernet no more ive been trying every day now to cancel this charge but it has gone through now i wish to be refunded i think this was a con

• Ni
      20th of Jun, 2008

i had a charge show up on my check card account from 6/19/08 and do not know what it is for. can you help me. it is from billinternet, com

• Ke
    BillInternet.com - Unauthorized billing
    BillInternet.com
    www.billinternet.com

I was supposed to be charged about £30 for this anti virus program they billed me for £110.14 total and the program has vanished off my PC. Total scam. They said I had several dangerous viruses so I though my system had been corrupted and I fell for it!

• Pd
      21st of Jun, 2008

You had taken from my account 104.85 Euro without my permission, for no services whatsever I contact VISA that you must cancel this charge

PJ de Kraker

• Da
      21st of Jun, 2008

this is a rip off. 109.85 later i'm mad as hell. what can we do? 'ill join anyone who wants to prosecute.

• Aj
      21st of Jun, 2008

i entered a purchase for Antirus 2008 @ 49.95 but when the confirmation came through they had added a further 2 items bringing the total to 108.95. These items werenot requested ans have been emailing the company but to date have not had areply.
    This was a pure con and the credit card companysay they will try and get my money back.
    I believe they will have to refund me as the amount was over £100.00 and the antivirus 2008 does not download they are respnsible

• Ke
      23rd of Jun, 2008

i too have just noticed that £109.47 has been taken from my account when i was informed i would only be chared £29.99!!! What is this all about and how do i get my money back???? Someone please help because im not the best on computers and have no idea where i go from here.

thanks

Kev

• De
      24th of Jun, 2008

i to was charged $109.47 on my visa card with out my permission. i hadn't even given all the info. on it but, yet they still took my money. now the bank says i'm over drawn. i'm a widow and don't have that kind of money just to throw away like that. how can i get my money back for something i don't even use?

deborah

• Va
      25th of Jun, 2008

I'm french, and I buy yesterday an antivirus. the paiement has been effectued by my bank, but I 'm completely bloqued with the antivirus about "get a license".

I have finally desinstall antivirus 2008.

• S
      26th of Jun, 2008

DONT TAKE ANYMORE MONEY FROM THIS ACCOUNT, I HAVE NOTIFIED BANKS AND AM LEAVING THIS EMAIL AS ADVISED BY BANKS SO I CAN PROVE IT IN A COURT OF LAW.

27th of Jun, 2008

I also purchased this product antivirus2008 all it did was to mess up my computor i cannot get any reponse from billinternet.com by skype and phone all i keep getting is press pal what is pal this is a sham, con.

• Mr
      27th of Jun, 2008

I had this anti virus 2008 come onto my pc stating that i had about 40 threats. I first ignored it but then evey time i tried to access the internet, this anti virus 2008 would not let me on it just blocked the internet. In the end i purchased it & they said it would be £29.99, but have taken £50.88. I am going to inform my bank & get the fraud protection onto it.