Bill Seidle Chevrolet, Clermont FL / Poor customer service

October 9, 2006

To: Edward Peper, Jr, General Manager
Re: Bill Seidle Chevrolet, Clermont Florida

I felt it necessary to escalate this complaint to the highest levels of Chevrolet not because of the minor problems I had with Bill Seidle Chevrolet but with the arrogance of a high level manager at this dealership.
I will not bore you with the details of the minor problems with the dealership since LM for short; Manager did an outstanding job of addressing and resolving my sales, finance and service issues. Although the dealership had not exceeded my expectations, Mr. LM addressed each one of my concerns with a sincere determination to regain my trust. He should be rewarded for turning my satisfaction around.
Today, I came in with my first minor repair which was done to my total satisfaction and my vehicle was ready on time. I was disappointed in the “Courtesy” carwash that the service department had done. Because I had not expected a carwash, I felt the service department had exceeded their commitment but lacked a quality carwash job. I thought I would provide some goodwill customer feedback!
I stopped by the sales department on my way out and showed the carwash to L M thinking he would want to see it due to his commitment to quality. He brought over the Finance Manager and they both commented on the poor quality of the carwash. Mr. M offered to immediately resolve the situation which I first refused since it was a “Courtesy” carwash. But I then agreed and LM took my car back to have it washed again. This was a minor customer service problem resolved beyond my expectation. You may now wonder how it got from this to a letter to the GM of Chevrolet.
Not more than 5 minutes after my car was taken to be washed, a gentleman came up to me unannounced and asked me what was the problem. I asked him if he wanted to know about my earlier service problems or the carwash. He said the later. I began to explain the situation to him when he interrupted me and said the car had been washed satisfactorily and there was no problem. I asked him point blank, “Why did you ask me what the problem was, if the car was done to your standards. Give me my car back and I’ll leave.” I then asked him if that wasn’t a pretty stupid question to ask me since he already had already examined my car, determined an opinion and a resolution. He turned his back to me and as he walked away he saying “Yes, it probably was.” The vehicle was hastily removed from the detail department due to this gentleman’s remarks and returned uncompleted.
I inquired and found out that this unannounced gentleman was the General Sales Manager, D B for short, for Bill Seidle. I am infuriated that dealership general manager, D B, would disrespect me by turning his back on me and walking away. It was also appalling that a manager would blatantly override two of his mangers in front of a me, a customer, in the middle of the showroom floor.
Being a person who believes in consequences, I have decided to write this complaint and:
? Will not recommend Bill Seidle Chevrolet.
? Strongly question my continued loyalty
? For undetermined period of time display a sign on the back of my vehicle that says “Do not buy from Bill Seidle”. It should very effective since I park and travel in an area that has over 70,000 visitors per day. This should far exceed the 100 future customers an unhappy customer can verbally endanger.

Thank you for taking time to hear my complaint. It is too bad this happened after turning in my survey card. This individual would have severely impacted my responses and unfortunately customer service could not allow me to resubmit my survey. I went from the one of the happiest and most loyal GM, Chevrolet Impala, Metro, truck, Trail Blazer, Monte Carlo, Ion, Equinox owner to a disrespected, bitter customer in a matter of moments. Disrespect stays with you a long, long time while a car can get dirty overnight. The only thing D B did right was say “Yes, it probably was.” (pretty stupid)

More Bill Seidle Chevrolet, Clermont FL Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ba
      10th of Apr, 2007

I have been taking my new one ton truck to this dealer for almost two years because it is convenient to my house and they went out of their way to meet my needs/requirements for service. I figure if I am spending over 50K on a vehicle it should operate correctly and hold up to "truck" use. Further I am ultra particular about the condition of my truck and they seemed to do a fairly good job keeping it clean as compared to other dealers.

There have been a number of small warranty items which have come up since the purchase of the truck. First it was the drivers seat track; fixed but the truck returned filthy inside. Then the sunroof motor went bad, so that was replaced and the service on this visit was fine other than some grease on my seat arm rest and steering wheel. Then the new sunroof started to leak and the drivers seat was not working correctly again. Upon picking the truck up from this repair, I found the roof liner was not installed correctly; pinching a wire and not secured in a few locations, a tear in my passenger seat leather, a hole in the carpet, the computer not working in either seat (controlling the heater & lumbar), and a broken arm rest on the driver seat. I immediately told the service manager and he stated that they would order all of the parts and call me when they were in.

Six weeks of me calling the dealership went by, with the same story, "parts are on order" being the response. Finally, after having enough, I started up the chain of command and only had to go up one level, to realize my parts were never ordered, I was told the dealer was not fixing any of the issues and that I was not to return with my truck again. Infuriated to say the least we ended with the liner being put back in correctly, a new arm rest and computer being installed. The seat and hole are on my nickle for now. The parts came in within a week as I received a call from the parts department. When I called to schedule the time for repair, I was told my parts were not in yet. That went on for another two weeks, until I again confronted them with the knowledge that the parts were in. My appointment was scheduled the next week.

So today I picked up my truck all newly repaired only to have the computer installed and working great, but now the seat memory is broken.

In summary, the way this dealer brings you back for business is by repeatedly breaking new items so you have to come back and get them to fix it.