Bill Heard Chevrolet / The dealership promised to trade my car in after six months of on time payments and then they closed

1 Union City, GA, United States

When I went in to Bill Heard I was told they could work a deal for me, that would in the best interest of my family. I was told that all I wouldn't have payments over $390.00 after the finance guy was done with the numbers they can back with $460.00 I was very dis-satisfied with the offer and the vehicle that I supposedly qualified for which is a 2008 Chevy HHR. I explained to the manager that I would rather just keep my trade in and try somewhere else. He explained to me that the problem was I have to have insurance befor I could leave the lot and that was inculded in that price, but once I got my own coverage the $70.00 would no longer be a requirment. I agreed knowing that. When I went in to sign the forms for the car the monthly payment was then 540.00. The explaination for the additional 50.00 was for gap insurance and all brand new cars had to have gap insurance or they would not be able to do the deal. I was very displeased and decided not to take the new car. The manager was callled in and I was told that the program that I qualified for was a six month trade in plan, and I could bring the car back to BILL HEARD CHEVROLET IN UNION CITY, GA after six months of on time payments and make the trade into something I wanted. Within the six months the dealership was closed down. Now I am stuck with a crappy car and a high payment that I can't afford.