Bill Barnes.com / poor service

1 2904 N. Laurent, Victoria Texas, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-619-6181

This appears to be an operation that at best has poor service, at worst is out to do harm.

I placed an order by phone on 9/20/08 with sales rep Alfred. He stated the wedding band I ordered was in stock and would be shipped shortly, allow an extra day or two for the engraving. When I did not receive any information from them 14 days later, I called and was told the item was not in stock and had been ordered from Art Carved. Of note is a statement on their website that the customer will be notified if the item could not be shipped in 2-5 days. This was not done. Alfred could not tell me if they had a ship date from Art Carved or any details.
On October 8, I called and left a message for Alfred to call me. By near closing time he had not called so I called him back asking that my credit card be credited as it had been charged at the time of the original order. I also told him I would still like the item if they could credit my card and re enter the charge once the item was shipped to me. Alfred stated that was acceptable and he would credit my card immediately. I asked for an e mail confirmation that the card had been credited to which he hesitated by finally acknowledged my request. When I did not receive a confirming e mail by 10/11, I checked with my card company which told me that the item had not been credited as Alfred had promised. I placed the charge in dispute and promptly called Alfred and canceled the order. I asked him why my card had not been credited to which he stated "they have not gotten around to it yet."
I reminded him that my cancellation was due to too many mistruths and poor service. The tone of his voice sounded as he had heard that before.
Also of interest is that the seller phone number that appears on the credit card statement is not a working number.

Ri

Comments

• Ga
      17th of Nov, 2008

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with BILL BARNES.COM. I placed my order three weeks ago for two gold signet rings and I was told the rings would have to be ordered in which would take about one week. I have called and emailed the company continually and I get very little help in relation to my order and nobody ever returns my calls or emails. Alfred has an arrogant attitude and not helpful at all. I cancelled my order with them and asked for an email firming same which I received. I called back and asked for another email confirming that my credit card would be refunded and this took two phone calls. Alfred told me that this takes 72 hours and I questioned why he could charge my card immediately before I received the goods yet he could not refund my credit card immediately. Alfred and Megan have poor excuses for the non delivery of good. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. To date I have not received any refund from BILL BARNES.COM. If you have an issue with this company and dispute a charge IMMEDIATELY call your credit card company.

• Jn
      24th of Apr, 2009

I bought my wedding band from them about 9 months ago and had to send it back for resizing after a few months. It has a lifetime warranty and free resizing through the company that makes it, ARTCARVED. All they had to do was send it to Artcarved and request the change. I sent it back on 2/2/09. I know that they got it within 3 days. I didn't get a verification email until 2/17/09. Then the waiting game began. After about 3 weeks I called and they told me it was going to ship from Artcarved that day or the next, go to BillBarnes and they would ship it to me, should be in my hands within 5 business days they said. A week later I called again they put me on hold supposedly to call Artcarved and came back and told me that same thing. I waited a full week and a half and called and they told me the same thing. I started sending emails like crazy. Their phones are only open Monday-Thursday from 9-2pm so they are very hard to get a hold of. I kept calling and all of a sudden they wouldn't answer the phone during business hours. That was almost 2 weeks ago. I got a call when I was in a meeting and couldn't answer last Friday, it was a message from them saying that they had my ring but they needed my credit card # to charge the return shipping. They left their phone # to call back. I started dialing but remember they're only open Mon-Thurs from 9am-2pm. Why in god's name would they call me on a day when they will not answer the phone and leave me their number to call back???? I called every # I could find and started hitting extensions just leaving voicemails on every one of them. I emailed 3 times asking why they did this and why they didn't ask for my credit card info the other 17 times I had called so it could just be sent out. Finally someone called again on Monday and I was super nice so I could get my ring back. I really never thought I would see it again. Seriously, I thought it was gone forever. It came, so now I can tell my story. I know that they are in debt with Artcarved and many of their vendors. They owe money so it's impossible for them to deliver on their promises. Avoid this company like the plague.