Bikepartsusa.com / Dissatisfying experience

1 Oakland Park, FL, United States Review updated:

I ordered from this retailer's website three weeks ago and have not received my entire order. They have not communicated that there would be a delay and they rarely answer their phones. When I have been fortunate enough to reach them they appear disorganized and do not follow up with the reason for the delays or with a data that I should expect to receive my purchase. I am very dissatisfied with my experience with them.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      6th of Aug, 2008

i ordered a rear mavic wheel a month ago. they won't answer their phone and will not return emails. i am freaking out! i spent alot on the wheel. on their "track my order" page it now says my order is completed as of a week ago!!! this is the worst e-tailing experience i have had related to bike parts. next i am going to my credit card company to dispute the charge. AVOID BIKEPARTSUSA.com!!!

• To
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I ordered some tubes, tires, lube, and tire levers. All but the tires came. I waited a few days and called and they said the tires were shipped separately. Okay, then why did I get the same tracking number for the entire order? UPS says it's all good and done, so I have no way of knowing if they even sent them. My order status on their webpage says it's been shipped. So how can I make sure I get what I paid for?

28th of Aug, 2008

I have had the exact same experience with bikepartsusa.com. They did not ship my entire order and I cannot get in touch with them. They do not answer the phone, their voicemail box is full (I assume with complaints), and they do not answer email. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SITE. THEY WILL FLAT OUR ROB YOU. I intend on sending a complaint to the BBB and suggest you all do the same.

• Sh
      7th of Oct, 2008

I do not have first hand experience, but I was just about to buy a bike from them. Thanks for the heads up. I wish there were more sites like this.

30th of Oct, 2008

I have ordered from them several times and never had a issue ever. I had a lost package once and they handled it very well in a timely manner. Everyone is quick to point out faults but no one ever takes time to say how good something was, so ill be the on to go ahead and do so.

• De
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I wish I had known about this site before I placed my order with bikepartsusa. It would have saved me alot of hassle.I will say that my initial experence with them was good. E-mail responce to my order, notification when order was shipped and a tracking# my order came quickly, buts that's where there good service ended. There site listed a dura ace braze on front derailluer which I needed one of along with many other items, that to there credit were as I had ordered. The derailluer they sent me was a triple which was not what I had ordered. I called them as soon as I could to explain and must have hit a good time because someone accually answered the phone I explained the mix up and was told to they would send me the right part and I should send them the triple back which I did. Sense then I have not heard a word from them, they do not anewer the phone or e-mails they're voice mail is full and will not take any messages as if that would matter. My bike still sits in the stand waiting for a front derailluer that I have now ordered from another company. I now believe they had on intention what so ever of sending the right part. I am now making it a point to check on someone before I CLICK PAY

• Da
      17th of Nov, 2008

I am glad that I read this, I was about to place and order and was looking for coupon codes before doing so. Forget that order, I will buy from somewhere else after reading these comments.

• Co
      14th of Jan, 2009

Bikepartsusa.com is a total scam of a company. They should not be allowed to remain in business. Everything these posts talk about happened to me. I placed an order for over $200 and purchased several items. Half of my items never shipped (the tires) and the items I did receive were all the wrong size. Morgan Steel, owner of the "company", claimed he would send me a UPS calltag to return the items. He never did. He also claimed he would refund my money for the price of the tires since he wasn't able to get them to me. He never did. I finally disputed this with my bank and the charges were reversed. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS "COMPANY" Buyer beware of this internet scammer.

• De
      24th of Feb, 2009
    Bikepartsusa.com - Goods not receieved
    800 NE 40th Ct.
    Oakland Park
    Florida
    bikepartsusa.com

I am just posting this online to save other riders from getting scammed by this dishonest company. I ordered products totally more than $225 from www.bikepartsusa.com and did not receive half of the order. the tires were never shipped and I was told I would be refunded the money and I never was. The other items I received were all the wrong size. I was told I would get a UPS calltag to return them but I also never received that. I finally disputed the charges with my bank and was credited all my money. this company has an F rating with the BBB and a history of not shipping orders. Beware and stay away is my advice.

• Jj
      8th of Jun, 2009
    Bikepartsusa.com - Goods not receieved
    Bikepartsusa.com

I ordered a set of brake levers from Bikepartsusa.com a month ago and it took three weeks to receive the order which was incomplete. I received one of the two levers and was told by customer service that the company would ship the other one to me ASAP. This was over a week ago and after speaking with customer service again, they forgot the order and again I was told they would ship the forgotten lever. I recommend avoiding this company!

• Dp
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I bought a computer from them. It did not work, I e mailed bikepartsusa about the computer not working. I did not get a reply, never again for bikepartsusa. Duane Prior

• Be
      7th of Jul, 2009
    Bikepartsusa.com - Unauthorized billing
    BikepartsUSA.com
    bikepartsusa.com

Avoid this internet scammer. I ordered over $200 worth of products from this company. I only received half my order and everything that was sent was completely the wrong size. I did not receive over $100 worth of tires, they were never shipped. Morgan Steel, owner of this lousy business, said he would refund my money for the tires and he never did. He also promised me a UPS calltag to return the items but of course he never did that either. This scam of a company has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. I wish I had known this before. I disputed the charges with my bank and was refunded my money but you may not be as lucky so this company is best to be avoided!

• Jt
      10th of Jul, 2009

I ordered two Continental Ultra Gatorskin tires on Monday (nonfoldable). I received a prompt email confirming my order. On Tuesday I had not heard anything about shipping so I did an online chat with a representative regarding my shipping status - he said it would be shipped that day and I would receive a tracking number. When I hadn't heard anything by Wednesday morning I called and asked over the phone, they said it would be shipping that day and I would receive an email confirmation with a tracking number. By Thursday, I still had not heard back so I did some research and found this thread. I was hesitant that I would get my tires at this point. I called again on Thursday morning and was told that my order was either lost in shipping or lost in the warehouse. But he said that he had my contact info and would call or email me when he figured out what the issue was.

After not hearing back again, Friday Morning I called and canceled my order. I placed an order with probikekit.com for the same tire in a foldable version for $20 cheaper (including free shipping) and received a shipping confirmation email 2 hours later. I'm glad I used my credit card with BikepartsUSA because if I don't get a prompt refund I will dispute the charge.

Overall: very dissatisfied with all aspects of BikepartsUSA. I will not buy anything from them in the future.

• Co
      27th of Jul, 2009
    Bikepartsusa.com - Took money but did not provide product
    West Palm Beach
    Florida
    bikepartsusa.com

I ordered a bike rack from them almost seven weeks ago. I started calling them after a week because I hadn't received a tracking number. In total I've called or emailed them maybe 8-10 times; I've nearly always been ignored. On the two occasions I've reached someone, the first guy said he'd look into it and I didn't hear from him again. The second gave me some rubbish about the product being returned as damaged (I never received it, and certainly didn't return it), and I haven't heard from this guy again either. IN ESSENCE, BIKEPARTSUSA.COM SIMPLY STOLE MY MONEY. I've failed a complaint with the BBB, and am contesting the credit card charge.

• Ar
      12th of Jan, 2010

I agree on all this. I ordered from this shell of an organization on Dec 18th and after emails and calls that went unanswered and one that they actually said they would change something on my order, I finally did receive my order on Jan. 11th - nearly one month later - and guess what...yup, totally wrong. The wheels they sent weren't even the same size let alone the ones I ordered! I have been trying for 24 hrs to get in touch with them but no luck in my attempt to return the order and get a refund. This company is the biggest hunk of crap I've ever dealt with and will never again. Please do not patronize this company, there are much worthier businesses to give your money to. Sheldon Brown's http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/ is a bit more pricey but at least you get knowledge and support.

• Jm
      16th of Jan, 2010
    Bikepartsusa.com - Never Received Order_Paid Online
    Virginia
    bikepartsusa.com

This place is a scam...if you ever saw Boiler Room or heard of Madoff scams, then this a place that does the same. they will lure you with unbelievable prices on the internet through their scam $2 website www.bikepartsusa.com and never deliver, answer your emails, or take your calls regarding your order.

STAY AWAY and SAVE YOUR MONEY. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM!

I LOST $45.00 for two continental MTB tires which were paid for 3 months ago and never sent.

www.bikepartsusa.com is a SCAM!

• To
      24th of May, 2010

This company is [censor]ING HELL! If I could I want to kill them all! mother [censor]ers!
    I canceled my order a month ago, but my credit company charged me!
    Also Bikepartsusa didn't reply e-mail, NEVER.
    Phone? [censor] I need to call them more then 10 times!
    This is the WORST company that I've ordered before.

• Re
      15th of Jun, 2010

Delayed shipment, wrong size received, not replacement, total scam and fraud.

• La
      17th of Aug, 2010

I think you had a bad experience but I have bought from them for years and only ever had one issue and it was at the fault of usps

• La
      17th of Aug, 2010

Denis I have many good buys from them and no problems at all. Im just wandering where you go to praise a companies service. It seems to one wants to praise but everybody has something bad to say they let the word know..

God Bless