Bike Nashbar / Allows Third party onto private sales transaction page to steal personal credit card info.

After purchasing several hundred dollars in products from, what I believed to be a secure web site, Bike nashbar allowed a third party advertising company to access my personal credit card information from the payment page after completing the purchase transaction. This third party offered what I was lead to believe a shoppers discount due to my recent purchase.I clicked on an accept button and was consequently defrauded out of $12.00 the very next week for membership fee's in there discount club.
I Contacting By phone Bike Nashbar the very next day, I was told by not one, but several employees Bike Nashbar promotes and fully condones this third party action.My credit card company determined this action to be of fraudulent nature and quickly canceled my card. Bike Nashbar offered no apology and furthermore supported this fraudulent activity against me. Internet merchant contract regulation strictly for bides third parties entering a secure credit card transaction page and extracting card information. Bike Nashbar displayed a total lack of respect towards me as a consumer and stated that they fully intend to continue defrauding there customers in spite of the law and my feelings.

Bh

More Bike Nashbar Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cl
      29th of May, 2009

I use unique email addresses when ordering online. Recently, I received an email with the address I used for a Bike Nashbar purchase over a year ago stating that I'd signed up for a Google Money Profit CD. The email included my home address and last four digits of my credit card. Two days later, a charge for this appeared on my credit card. All customers should be aware that their purchasing information is not held in confidence by this company. Most will not realize that their credit card information was leaked from here.

• Ki
      15th of Jun, 2009

Hello, this is from Kimberly from Nashbar.

I'm sorry that many of you have had these unwanted charges. I am the customer service representative. We fully support these charges, however, and will do nothing to get your money back. Just to make you feel like you are doing something, however, please forward your full name and billing address and we will have your information researched.

Regards,

Kimberly

• Da
      20th of Jun, 2010
    Bike Nashbar - sells addresses to junk mailers
    Illinois

Bike Nashbar will sell your mailing/billing address to 3rd party junk mailers. It will do no good to request they keep you off mailing lists when you order with them since they don't seem to respect this. If you do not want junk mail, do not do any business with Nashbar. Any. That is the only way you can preserve the privacy of your mailbox.

• Ra
      4th of Apr, 2011
    Bike Nashbar - defect...won't reply
    Bike Nashbar

Ordered a GT Peace 29er single speed bike. Arrived promptly, no visible damage to box, but has a badly ben dropout on the fork and a missing brake cable retaining clip. Called (weekend and the lady said she'd tell 'em on Tuesday) and emailed twice, but not reply. Have bought from them for years, without problems, but looks like their customer service has gone to hell.

• We