BigBazar / Furniture Section / Damaged Good and Bad Service

1 India Review updated:

I bought one bed from BigBazar chinchwad (pune) on 2nd of Aug. 2008. I made the full payment of Rs. 14999/- by my debit Card for which i was issued an delivery challan no 032. The packed bed was delivered on 6th Aug. 2008. mechanics came for assembling (after 3 reminders) on 9th Aug. 2008. the assembling was incomplete as the upper board was bigger in size in few inches. they(mechanic - 2 in no.) said that they have to bring few instruments from BigBazar and they will cut the upper board to size on next sunday.

After a few days i discovered that the section on the foot side of the bed has a big open crack. i contacted the BigBazar chinchwad (pune) on their no (020 [protected]) on 16th Aug. 2008 and logged the complaint, none of my requests to connect to the furniture section was accepted and the lady on the other side said that they will get back to me.

They didn't and they stopped picking up the phone since then. I m planning to go to the consumer court against them.

Comments

• Di
      31st of Aug, 2008

I also have faced the same problem of BIG BAZAR Chinchwad, PUne, i have purchased an AC from Big bazar on 3rd of June 2008 and, on 20 th of august it stoped working, i compalined to the big bazzar concerened department, (fortunately i insisted for th Mobile number of the person while purcasing AC) repeatedly vertuelly every day, every time we just get an assurance " the machenic will come today" but till today no one has turned up.
    To day it is said to day is SUNDAY and machenic will attend the problem on monday, as big bazaar have complained against local service provider to the head office of KORYO AC at banglore.
    Let's hope he comes in time ! but its very bad experience of BIG names. its tru to be " NAAM BADE AUR DARSHAN KHOTE"

• Sh
      22nd of Apr, 2009

yes all BIG BAZAR satff are very rude spically ahmedabad himalya mall.tailer is not avaliable.they all have don't care atiutude.

• Sh
      22nd of Apr, 2009

Ahmedabad, himalya mall staff members, chaten and hardik and other staff are very rude. tailer is not in his chair, and tailer is very lazy. he don, t wont do do any alter.he alwys try to asscuses.because they all have got a fix salry job.They have don'tcare atitude for custmer.

I HATE BIG BAZAR AT HIMALYAMAL IN AHMEDABAD.BECAUSE OF STAFF RUDNESS.

• Ra
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Hi,
    I bought one metal bed from Big Bazar, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. It took them 10 days to bring the bed to my place...now it has been more then 1 week but I am still waiting from someone from bigbazar to come and assemble the bed...that too after reminding them n number of time...

I guess this was my last big transaction from BigBazaar. Just opening malls like those in US won't bring any changes to our shopping experience...they should teach their employees about how to behave with customers and how to improve their service quality...

This is just my personal experience and opinion...

Rakesh Kumar

• Bi
      16th of Jul, 2009

yes, i have also experenced the same bad experience not only in furnature department but with other department also.I purchasing a dinning table at Hubli branch, upon enquiring the rate of the table one sales man said what ever the rate written on the baord attached to it, then came another sales man seems to be experienced said he will get me the table for still cheaper rate. Due to high value they agreed to accept the cheque, but the sales person who promised for the cheaper rate had left for lunch, now the incharge sales person said i need to write the value that is mentioned on the prize tag. As the other sales person has not told him regarding the same. The sales person will return only after one hour and we need to wait. the person left for lunch had given a moble no. which was not correct. Finally they took the cheque for the discounted prize. Again the cheque was presented on monday and got honored on tuesday and was deposited in the big bazaar's a/c on tuesday itself, they had promised us that they will call us as soon as the cheques is realised and credited to the companies a/c but they did not turned up thill thursady evening. Upon enquirying we were made to wait for an hour and were told that they have sent a mail to the head office and that they will let us know the very next day. Accodingly they informed us about the chq.honored and that they will send the table only on next monday. As there are heavy deliveries the vehicle is not available.

All this has made me frustrated and have decided not to deal hence forth. Before this aslo i only use to window shop at big bazaar. Note the product code and the company, then approch the local dealer they will cooprate more with the value and service also

Girish C patil