Big Tex Ford / Ripped Off

1 815 E Camp Wisdom RdDuncanville, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 972-296-1411

I went in on Wed, July 1st, 2009 to Big Tex Ford to look at a vehicle they advertised on their website. I had already filled out the credit application and received an approval.

When I got there, they claimed the only way I could get the vehicle I wanted was to use someone else's name. I did have a co-signer if necessary but they claimed it would have to be listed in their name only excluding me and they live out of state. This person agreed. I gave them a check for $1000 as a downpayment and left with the vehicle.

When the person who was going to sign for the vehicle received the paperwork, there were multiple, fraudulent statements listed including but not limited to: time of employment and income. The contract clearly states that signing this information, if it is incorrect, is punishable as a class 3 felony. The person, of course, refused to sign the documents. I questioned Justin Sage about this incorrect information listed and he claimed he knew nothing about it even though he is the gentleman that I sat with and is also the business manager. Makes me wonder what kind of business they are conducting.

On Thurs, July 9th, I drove the vehicle back to Big Tex Ford as Justin told me there would be no problem refunding my downpayment when he had a chance to look the vehicle over. I was then told by Will, the Sales Manager (I think) that a check would be ready in 24 hours and I could come and pick it up. I had to request something in writing to guarantee I would receive a refund. The next day I called Justin to make sure the check was ready and he claimed they could not issue the check until they received the paperwork back.

Today is Sat, July, 11th and I have contacted Big Tex Ford yet again to inquire about my refund. Now Will is telling me that it takes 10 business days before a refund can be issued because my check has to "clear". My check was withdrawn from my account on July 7th. He had already told me that the check had cleared through their accounting department at this point.

Now I am sitting with, what seems to be no recourse against a large company, with no property and no refund. Justin Sage and Will have done nothing but give me the run around with this deal and I would recommend no one use Big Tex Ford for any automotive needs whatsoever! They tried to get a deal done no matter who they put at risk as long as they weren't doing anything "illegal".

Comments

• Bi
      20th of Jul, 2009

To clear up this unfortunate situation from this client, we would like to offer our side to this story and let you decide.
    Our internet application process allows us to prequalify customers based on certain criteria, such as creditworthiness, job time, and stability. In this case, this client met our pre-approval guidelines. Upon arrival, the client chose a vehicle that he wanted and we submitted him to our preferred lending institutions. Unfortunately, he was not able to receive an approval. Be that as that may, we can always get our pre approved clients a loan provided that they put either enough down payment or choose a suitable vehicle. This client chose an expensive luxury vehicle and refused to look at anything else that would suffice the lending institution. In an effort to keep this vehicle, the client offered an application from his parent who lives out of state, since his credit was not strong enough to buy such an expensive vehicle. After calling his parent to ask permission to collect information from the credit bureaus, we agreed to go forward with trying to help the client pursue the vehicle he wanted. The client was on the phone urging his parent to buy the vehicle for him and gave us the job time and income for his parent. Everything we inputed into the system was from the application that the client filled out for his parent. At his urging, we submitted the application and allowed him to take the vehicle after he left his personal check with us to deposit while we seeked an approval and sent his parent the preliminary documents for review.
    After 2 days, his parent called us to let us know that she would not help him and the information on the application was false. We told her this is the information we collected from her son and that we would cancel the transaction immediately. Soon after we called him to return the vehicle and return his deposit. He was given a written guarantee to have his deposit refunded in full, waiving the $250 restocking fee and mileage use. We have already issued a check for his refund after we wait the standard 10 business days for his check to be authorized by his bank to clear his funds.
    We, at the dealership, always maintain the highest standard of customer service and integrity. As you can see, this is the only post you will see as a complaint from Big Tex Ford for obvious reasons.