The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Big Screen TV / Extended Warrenty

1 Noblesville, IN, United States
Contact information:
Phone: 317-508-9391

When I bought my big screen TV from HHGregg I also purchased an extended warrenty.
When I made the purchase on the TV, I was told that the TV Lamp would last about 1 year. The price of the lamp would be $200-$300. Then I was told about the extended warrenty and their quick response to any problems I would have with the TV.
Given the cost of the TV Lamp, it made a lot sense to purchase the extended warrenty.
Sure enough the lamp went out after about 1 year!
What I have found out about HHGregg's extended warrenty is not the same as I was originaly told.
I found that GE handles appointments for warrenty, and TOPPS Service handles the repairs.
When setting up service, TOPPS Service told me it would be 4 days to come out. On the service day I waited about a half day and then phoned TOPPS Service to find out when they would be out to change my burned out lamp. The man at TOPPS Service told me that they didn't have the lamp in stock and would order it and that it would take 7-10 days for the lamp to come in. I spent the rest of the day trying to reach anyone at HHGregg who could help get my TV repaired. I found no help from HHGregg's customer service. I went into HHGregg store where I purchased the TV and found that the superviser was so busy answering complaints that she didn't have time to talk to me. By this time I was pretty angry, but my hands were tied, and I couldn't do anything but wait for the part to come in.
There is no customer service at HHGregg, GE and Topps Service. If I had known this when I purchased my TV, I would have gone to Best Buys or Sears.
I feel that I was told one thing when I bought the TV and another after I was in need of service.
I have filed a complaint with Indiana Attorney Gerneral's office.
I would urge everyone with a problem with service with HHGregg, GE and Topps service file a complaint with the Attorney General in your state.

Post your comment