Big Screen Center / tardy delivery - bad customer service

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Big Screen Center is the worst company I have ever delt with in terms of customer service. They are quick to charge your card and slow to get you the merchandise. I placed an order on Jan. 5 and I was assured I would receive it by Jan. 15 at the latest. When I called on Jan. 15 it was no where to be seen. Over the 2 weeks I talked to 4 different customer service reps and managers and I honestly received a different story about where my merch was from each. They lied and were completely ambiguous about all information. They blamed the problem on everyone but themselves and refused to give any refund. The kicker is they even threatened to charge me a cancellation fee when I asked to cancel my order. Because of their bad business I have had to pay $1, 000 to rent merch similar to what I ordered. I will never do business with Big Screen Center again and I urge you to do the same.

Je

Comments

Db
  19th of Dec, 2008
Big Screen Center - Will not send refund
Atlanta
Georgia
bigscreencenter.com

Ordered a media screen in june 2008. my credit card was charged immediately however the screen did not ship within 24 hours as promised. cancelled the order and received a cancellation number. told I would receive a refund within 7 days. called back in two weeks - promised a refund within 30 days. still no refund as of 12/19/08. all their customer service is now handled via "live chat" - there is no way to speak to a person. via the live chat a refund was promised at the next check run. when I replied asking for the date of the next check run, the response was that they didn't know. this company is commiting fraud by taking orders and charging the purchaser's credit card before shipping the merchandise. avoid doing business with sageryder brands!!!

Ke
  17th of Feb, 2009

I totally agree. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! I've spent the last 8 months trying to get a refund for returned merchandise. Each time I called about it, I got the old 'check's in the mail' story, and I would always have to provide order numbers and RMA codes so they 'see what's going on'. I wish I could find a direct number for their accounting office. They've removed all contact numbers from their website (unless you want to place an order) and require you to email your questions & concerns. These people are crooks.

Ch
  25th of Feb, 2009

I have experienced the same terrible customer service. I placed an order for a product over a month ago. each time I inquired about the status of my order I was told that it will ship out in three to five days. it has been about 6 weeks and now the company has blocked all communication with the public, so I now have no way of finding out the status of my order. I am currently trying to file a complaint with the better business burrough and the local authorities to see if this company is fraudulent.

Gl
  26th of Feb, 2009

Our office has placed an order for a da-lite delux insta-theater back in october 2008, still have not received it and it is february 26, 2009. their customer service number is always busy and I mean always busy. I do not know how they can be so busy with their type of business ethics. do not do business with this company.

Da
  11th of Mar, 2009

I am also having problems with Big Screen Center. Placed an order back in November 2008 and never received merchandise. I inquired several times via the on-line chat center and was always told that it was on back order.

Finally canceled the order back on February 9, 2009 and was given a cancellation number and was told the accounting department would issue an email confirming the refund. As of March 11, 2009 never received any refund and contacted the company. Today they claim they are under new ownership and the person I chatted with wished me good luck in recovering the money.

Mi
  12th of Mar, 2009
Big Screen Center - Never shipped the product
bigscreencenter.com

I ordered a projector screen january 20. it hadn't shipped in two weeks, so I called and was told it would ship in 3-4 days. now it's march 12 and it still hasn't shipped. they no longer answer their phone and don't return calls when I leave a message. their online help desk also never responds. (but chase visa was very helpful and professional when I called to dispute the charge.)

Da
  14th of Mar, 2009
Big Screen Center - Failure to Deliver or issue credit
Atlanta
bigscreencenter.com

Ordered a projector screen back on november 17, 2008. as I never received it as promised I contacted the company on three occassions in december 2008 and january 2009. everytime I was told it was on back order and would be shipping soon.

I finally told them I wanted to canceled order in february 2009 and was given a cancellation number. they have never credited my credit card which is supposed to be done within 30 days according to visa.in my last contact with the company I was told they are under new management and good luck in getting my money back.

In checking their website they still have my order in their system. have filed a complaint with my credit card company so hopefully I will get a credit.