Big Lotscertegy check services

Its not the refusal to accept the check that's the problem, it's not working with us to resolve the problem. That was so embarrassing when we were told that our check was declined. It made me feel as though I wrote a bad check. I don't appreciate being put in that sort of position. We have wrote checks there at Big Lots many a time, but if we choose to pay cash for our purchases, there shouldn't be any questions asked about it. Would you rather we walk out of the store without paying for our purchases? I've said my piece. Now what are you going to do about it?

Comments

• Hm
      Feb 05, 2010

you do realize that Certegy is a separate company that approves checks, and is used by other
    retailers nationally, if the check is not approved its Certegy, not the store that is declining
    the check.

• Mr
      Aug 18, 2010

It's actually very easy to fix these problems. Listen (or rather read) carefully.

If-you-call-your-bank-they-will-fix-the-problem.

"It's not my bank's fault"
    yes it is

I had ONE, count 'em ONE customer actually listen to me, and guess what?
    I WAS RIGHT OMG!!!

duh

• Ef
      Nov 10, 2011

"We have wrote checks there at Big Lots many a time, but if we choose to pay cash for our purchases, there shouldn't be any questions asked about it."

Did you in fact offer to pay cash? I would indeed find it odd that they would refuse cash for any purchase.

Nov 11, 2011

when a store declines a check, it isn't the store declining it, it is the check clearing company they use such as Telecheck. Something at that company triggered a red flag, which is there to protect YOU against fraud.

As far as Big Lots not working with your to resolve it, they have no way of knowing why it was declined. They know as much as you do at that point, and nothing can be done until you call the 1-800 number that shouldve printed out on the back of the check once it was declined. If Telecheck (or whoever they use) declines your check, Big Lots cannot change that.

Did you call the number? If so, what did they say?

• Mi
      Dec 16, 2011

The same thing happened to me...I have great credit, never bounced a check in my life, my check was turned away by Big Lots because Certegy denied my check. Yes, it is Big Lots fault, they're the ones employing Certegy!! I fixed the problem, we don't shop at Big Lots any more.