Big Daddys Car Company / I was robbed of my money

BUYER BEWARE: Consumer's Original Complaint :
I PAID A $500.00 DEPOSIT ON A 2002 FORD TAURUS, TOOK DELIVERY OF CAR SAME DAY. THE CAR RAN HOT WITHIN 20 MINS, RADIATOR RAN HOT & CAR STOPPED RUNNING. WHEN I CALED TO REPORT THE PRBLEM I WAS TOLD TO LEAVE THE KEYS IN THE CAR, BUT THAT I WOULD NEED TO FIND A WAY TO GET HOME BECAUSE THE TOW TRUCK COMPANY WAS NOT INSURED TO ACCOMODATE PASSENGERS. ONCE THE CAR WAS RETURNED BACK TO THE LOT I WAS ADVISED THE CAR IS AWAITING REPAIR, THAT THE PART NEEDED HAD TO BE ORDERED (A RADIATOR HOSE?) WITHOUT ANY TURN AROUND TIME ON REPAIR. BIG DADDY'S ADVISED ME THAT THE $500.00 DEP WAS NON-REFUNDABLE WHEN I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK. PERSONNEL KEPT GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND WHEN I CALLED TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE CAR, GETTING A REFUND OR DIFFERENT CAR. I'M LEFT WITH NO CAR, AND WITHOUT MY $500.00 CASH DEPOSIT. NEXT DAY I FIND THE SAME CAR I PURCHASED BACK ON THE LOT WITH A 4SALE SIGN ON IT. THEN I GET A CERTIFIED LETTER IN THE MAIL DEMANDING PAYMENT IN FULL APPROXIMATELY A LITTLE UNDER $7000.00 DUE WITHIN TWO DAYS WHICH WAS NEVER A PART OF THE ORIGINAL AGREEMENT. I HAD THIS CAR IN MY POSSESSION FOR LESS THAT 1 HOUR. I CALLED REPEATLY TO AND WAS IGNORED. I FILED A DEEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB OF DALLAS, THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, THE DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION, AND THE TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. I MAY NEVER SEE MY MONEY, BUT I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT BIG DADDY'S AND THE UNETIHICAL SALES PRACTICES THEY USE TO CHEAT CONSUMERS OUT OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY.

An

Comments

Ga
  8th of Jul, 2010

As there are always two sides to every story, the events did not happen exactly as previously stated. We at Big Daddy's Car Company do the best we can to run a vehicle inspection before the vehicle is presented for sale. The vehicle in question on this day was checked and was found to have nothing wrong with it before leaving the dealership. The vehicle was sold. The customer did call 45 minutes after and stated that the vehicle seemed to be running hot. We advised that the customer should turn the car off, and let us get the car towed to us so we could check what problem seemed to be occurring with the vehicle. The customer opted not to take our advice, and called back 90 minutes later stating the vehicle was on the side of the road. We sent a tow truck again out for the vehicle and towed it in to our facility. After analyzing the vehicle, unfortunately our mechanics found that after the customer excessively overheated the vehicle, the motor blew out. A week after this incident, our mechanics had successfully installed a new motor in the vehicle. We attempted to contact the customer several times and didn't receive a response, so a letter was sent to the customer for another attempt of communication. The customer finally responded after a few weeks demanding their money back. In good faith, we returned the deposit money to the customer even though we were not at fault for the incident. Afterward, all the agencies listed above that were contacted were in agreement that Big Daddy's Car Company had not committed any error or fault in this matter.

Ju
  26th of May, 2011

Big Daddy robs you Big Daddy style. Im in the office this exact moment as i'm typing. The cars there are a POS. They do nothing but rob your money and then rob more to fix what was wrong with it in the first mother FU**ing place!!! Fix your FU**ing cars big daddy before you try to rob money from hard working customers!! Thanks for the info(to the original compaintant) I will do the same.

Ju
  26th of May, 2011

What a coincidence... Another customer just walked in the door with another complaint. Now the salesman is trying to tell him how to "poor mans fixit"

As
  27th of Jun, 2011

I know for a fact that Big Daddy's does inspect their cars and make sure everything is working before selling. My husband works there and inspects these cars himself. With the fact he has worked on cars (and rebuilt cars) since he was 6, I would say he knows what he's doing. If you buy a car, it is stated AS IS on the warranty taped to every window on every car. If you buy a car, test it first. If you buy it and drive it off the lot, what happens afterward is on you. You knew what you were buying when you bought it. Don't blame the dealer...

Us
  30th of Dec, 2011

BiG Daddy car lot is complete rip off. They come of as good people who care about your situation, but really its a money scam. It's all about the old mighty dollar, but honestly with the way they run their business, getting over on people who are deperate for cars to get around; they surly will not be in business for long. God sees all and knows all, and a company like this will never prosper. You can't take advantage of people that are already down on their luck, and expect God to bless your company. You reap what you sow blessing and prosperity BIG DADDY CARL LOT IN DALLAS GARLAND RD surly DO NOT deserve.

So
  19th of Jan, 2012

This Company is NOT Big Daddy's Rental Cars in Eleuthera, Bahamas. Just wanted that to be clear.

Un
  14th of Feb, 2012

I bought my car in June 2011 and in the first week the motor blew out and i was told they had just put "A BRAND NEW MOTOR" in the car that was a lie i pay 422 a month for a POS and don't want to mess up my name so i am stuck with this payment for a whole year and a half and yes i do understand i bought it as is but now i had to replace my transmission which was another $1200 fix i do not make a lot of money and whatever i do make goes towards this dang car i have made every payment on time and still got treated like crap when trying to find out what was wrong with it and instead of calling me when my $1300 payment was 4 DAYS PAST DUE they called my work and everyone in my family being RUDE instead of calling my cell phone. Other than possibly two people behind the window all the other employees are straight up rude.

Me
  3rd of Jul, 2013

I bought a low mileage 2002 Expedition from Big Daddy's Aug. 2011. The vehicle has run great ever since day #1. Only problem I've had was it came with bad tires which they replaced after the test drive before I signed the papers. Everyone was nice to us and helpful from the sales person to the mechanice to the girl in the office window. They went over the contract with me line by line so I knew what I was getting into from the interest to the repo rules. Basically Ive had no problems and I have a great vehicle that is almost paid off. I think part of the difference between my experience and that of those listed above is I make my payments on time...every time. Makes a huge difference:)

Dl
  10th of Sep, 2014

Wondering if ALL Big Daddy's auto sales are like this>>>>Because the one in Uniontown/Smock Pennsylvania is exactly the same.
Don't settle for an AS IS...there are laws, deceptive practice and undisclosed. I am currently suing Big Daddy Auto Sales, in Pennsylvania. because of a rusted/rotted unitized frame, a cracked frame and complete and total brake lines that are rusted and leaking. Know your rights seek legal help.

This place is absolute horrible in every aspect possible. First I was
lied to repeatedly by the car sales men about the warranty. On the
second day of having the ### car it broke down and I went up there and
told the female workers that I was told they would fix my car for free
for the first three MONTHS! which is a damn lie! I spent most of my
savings for a car that broke down within the first TWO days of having
it.Here are the facts so help me GOD-I was told my a
female worker that MANY OTHER CUSTOMERS WERE TOLD THE SAME LIE ABOUT THE
WARRANTY and there car broke down just as well.-The sales man lied to me more than once! maybe because I am a female and this was my first car(### holes)-My car had glue and tap all under the hood!! It was missing parts and parts were poorly placed in!-My car broke down ON THE SECOND DAMN DAY AND THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BUT FORCE ME TO PAY-SOME
of the workers look like they are on drugs and have rotting teeth but
you don't see all of them because they are hidden(my opinion but see for
yourself!!!)-My car was left in such bad conditions that when I
did take it to a mechanic they said that it was a very poor job how
they put my car together and that the insides were rusted soooooooooo
bad that there were things that just couldn't be fixed without spending
thousands!- ALSO THEY OVERCHARGED ME FOR A PIECE OF ### THAT IS NOT EVEN WORTH IT.SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THIS PLACE PEOPLE AND GET IT OUTTA OF DALLAS.THERE
IS A GOD AND ALL THESE PEOPLE WILL PUNISHED FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF
COLLEGE STUDENTS, ELDERLY, MOTHERS/FATHER. MARK MY WORDS THEY HAVE IT
COMING!

Me
  21st of Nov, 2016

Run, run, run for your life. Do not get a car from these people unless you are desperate, have money to waste, like dealing with trash customer service, people who couldn't care less about you that just want to take your money! I wish I would have never heard of them before & now I'm stuck in a contract with the worse people I've ever done business with in my life! There is a very nice guy that works there by the name of Steve that I will not discredit, buy they girls that handle there customers will never allow you to get in contact with him!

De
  18th of Jul, 2017

Oh woow..im glad i hired an attorney..i was in a hit in run..took them the police report paid my deductible since i was paying for insurance through them and here it is 2 months later they claim the insurance people denied my claim but didn't state a reason..WTF..the sad part is i was being lied to the first month saying oh its in the shop we waiting on parts..now all of a sudden they tell me this today..oh forgot to mention i paid off a vehicle in April and still haven't received my [censor] title...i just picked up my phone and called my lawyer..i will be seeing their lying fraudulent [censor] in court..im so done with their [censor].