Big Bazar - Mangalore / No proper sign directions

1 India Review updated:

Recently I happened to visit Big Bazar in Mangalore for a change. I am a regular customer of Nilgiris. As I had pain in knee, I parked my car on the same floor as Food market so that I don’t have to use the steps. When I was about to enter , the security man stopped me and said that though the same floor had 2 entrance, I enter through the entrance a floor above this floor and walk all the way through the departmental store (where I don’t have anything to buy and walk most of the stairs and use the steps to walk down. As you are aware the store does not have lift inside the store. It sounded like I am visiting a Museum or exhibition where there are strict rules about where u enter and exit. It is not consumer friendly at all. I tried to contact the manager Susheel L)who was not available. The other staff in both customer service and in store could not do anything. Anyway I have decided never to visit a place which does not value its customers. All I could do is suggest them to write a notice saying where the proper entrance to the store is. There was a similar complaint in Coimbatore. Looks like Big Bazar is focusing more on how people enter their store rather than how to satisfy their customers

As

Comments

• As
      25th of Jan, 2007
    Big Bazar - Mangalore - Big Bazar does not value its customers!
    India

Recently I happened to visit Big Bazaar in Mangalore, India for a change. I am a regular customer of Nilgiris. As I had pain in knee, I parked my car on the same floor as Food market so that I don't have to use the steps. When I was about to enter , the security man stopped me and said that I enter through the entrance a floor above this floor and walk all the way through the departmental store ( where I don't have anything to buy and walk most of the stairs and use the steps to walk down. FYI the store does not have lift inside the store. It sounded like I am visiting a Museum or exhibition where there are strict rules about where u enter and exit. It is not consumer friendly at all. I tried to contact the manager Susheel L)who was not available. The other staff in both customer service and in store could not do anything. Anyway I have decided never to visit this place which does not value its customers.

• Pr
      23rd of Feb, 2007

Well,there is no professionalism about handling customers. If you start any business there should be some ethics, not to simply make name/money by back-stabbing [smart] public. They are still in BANIYA style, the only difference is their attire.

Even if you shop for half an hour, u need to be at the counter for 1hr since no one is there to resolve any issues.

In case of electronics goods, no one will attend the customers.

In adlabs, no proper intimation will be given for online booking only TOPI business.

Next, they have started SHAKTI/ BigBazar card scheme. They call and visit you 5-6 times,get telephone bill, make you shop for 500 bucks but no card issue. Again when u visit BB, another Chamcha will come and ask to do the same things. Ridiculous!!!

SHAKTHI card is for (non) working ladies. In Mlr city, this will not work b'coz of the attitude.

Better they stop all this glamor/CHUNA business and run the store in customer centric manner rather than profit centric/CHUNA centric manner.

• Tg
      8th of Oct, 2007

On 5th I checked with the manager of electronic goods for buying a VCD and when I went to the shop no one bothered and one Anto asked me to pay the money and informed that VCD will be delivered to me on monday the 8th odfsept. I called big bazar the manager in charge of electronic goods told it will be delivered but fail to rig me up or deliver the item till now . There is an absolute negligence or failure in service and noncaring attitude towards customers at chennai branch.

• Ee
      27th of Feb, 2008

madar

• Ni
      12th of Mar, 2008

Recently I was involved in applying passport for my parents , the inital process was fast until when the disaster happend . As I stay abroad the only means to check the satus is the kar nic site and it kept saying police verificatio not done . I continued to call up the police station and they insisted that they have sent , this continued for 3 weeks then finally thru someone I came to know that it might be in the Regional Computer Centre . And yes it happend to be there. BUT!!! for the person there to JUST forward it to bangalore he had to be bribed !! Now since I had already lost my valuable time I asked my friend to go and pay the bribe !!! And now its almost 10 days and still my friend is running around the RCC who still havent forwarded the passport to Bangalore . These people should be sued for playing with peoples future ! There are so many emergency cases where passport is required in time and these people are least bothered ! Cant people just do their duty arent they paid for it !!

• Kr
      1st of May, 2008

I had a bitter experience at Customer Care on 01st May, 2008. The customer care officer behaved with me as if I am a beggar that too in front of my wife and kids. When I complained to HR Assistant Ms. Mallika she stood helpless. Even the customer care offier roughed up in front of the HR Assistant. Even the Security Officers behave politely than the Customer Care Officers in Big Bazar Mangalore. I doubt whether they are there to take care of the customer grievances or to (man) handle the customer. When I shared my experience with my friends in Mangalore I found mine is not an isolated one.

• Bi
      14th of Aug, 2008

Big bazar does not comforts the customers in any way whynot?

29th of Aug, 2008

hi recently visited, BIG BAZAR in Mangalore, , , me & mum was doing shopping we paid the bill in the cash counter... mum just forgot to buy some bedsheets.. so i took the paid stuffs from mum & told that i will be in the car in car parking u buy the bedsheet and come to car park.. so on the exit watchman stopped asking for the bill as the bill was with my mum.. i got so angry i was waiting in the exit for 15 mins waiting for my mum to come and to show the bill.. it is really annoying.. WATCHMAN WAS RUDE NOT LETTING ME OUT. i was standing like a FOOL..then mum came showed the bill and went out..

SO I WILL NOT SHOP IN BIGBAZAR ANY MORE... NOT EVEN FOR FREE its a crap shop..poor customer service

• Nu
      13th of Jun, 2009

OMG..! Thanks Asif and Suresh, i am going to purchase some stuff like 32" LCD an AC etc. in this weekend. before i was jusr searching the location of BigBazaar manglore. suddenly i saw ur blog here. No ways i never go to there nomore or ever. hope i will try to understand my freinds who used to go there to purchase freequently ...!
    Thanks
    Nunu
    nunu9997@yahoo.co.in

25th of Feb, 2012

when i shop in food bazaar no one lifts the rice bag to the cash counter, i have a back problem.more over JIVA RICE BARN OIL has been out of stock for months no sign of replacing it.No wonder food bazaar has to close shop.