Big Bazar - Bangalore / Very bad experience with Big Bazar

1 India Review updated:

This is to inform you that the customers are getting cheated so badly with Big Bazar. Today I had a very bad experience with biz bazaar, Old Madrass Board Bangalore, which has never happened in my life. I should say my bad luck I felt like buying a refrigerator from Big bazaar at 11 am today [protected]).

I wanted it to be delivered before 3 pm at my house. Else I wanted it to be delivered next day since there was some emergency at 3 pm. They did not turn up. I called the person who is in charge when i was selecting the refrigerator (Mr Kamal), according to him the vehicle had started at 1 pm it will reach in another 10 min. this went on till 7 pm in the evening. Then I had to talk to the Asst Manager in charge of this section (Mr. Santhosh). Both of them did not know where the refrigerator is. They didn’t have information regarding this. But they kept on telling it will reach in 10 minutes and stared giving all the wrong numbers and numbers which never work to find out where the refrigerator is. At the end it was delivered at around 7.30 pm and when we opened the pack it was a wrong refrigerator (Cheaper one) .

What does all these means? Is this the way Big Bazaar service customers. Or Is this the way Big Bazar finds to cheat/fool the customers?

I have never ever had such bad experience from any of the malls or shops.

More Big Bazar - Bangalore Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cm
      16th of Mar, 2007

Big Bazar - Bangalore, Banashankari. Very Bad experience with BIG BAZAR Banshankari.

I have booked a Cot with bed on 030-03-07 after paying full cash, till date they have not been delivered the material to my home. Is it fair form BigBazar's end to make customer wait so long in this competitive world? ... people can not wait!!! every thing should be instant!!!

The phone number printed in the bill as 080-66226666 no one picks the phone, i am trying to reach them last 3 days no one lifts up the phone. I really do not know what is is happening.

Big Bazar is really fooling the customers!!!

• Ab
      2nd of Apr, 2007

Krishna,

You are lucky, I have paid for a coat, a tv stand, a sofa and a diwan on 10-3-07 and they promised delivery on 1-4-07 which, with no information to me, hasn't happened until now. When I called them today, they say NO STOCK! They are asking me to wait for another 3 days, with no guarantee.

• Vi
      6th of Apr, 2007

This is true. And people who are aware still go and get cheated and then cry on their faith.

Precaution is better than cure.

• Ab
      12th of Apr, 2007

Got delivery yesterday (11th Apr) against promised date of 1st Apr. The furniture with wrong colors, Hardware missing and no mattress with bed!!! My horror is getting deeper and deeper. Speaking to them with no results. Waiting for my nightmare to end.

• Ak
      24th of May, 2007

I completely agree with all the above comments as i also had to pay 15,000 for a cot and wait for more than 10 days (not to mention 4 visits and numerous calls to big bazzar).

At 10th day i got the cot alone and i had to wait till a person came to assemble the cot 4 days later. The best part is the person was not aware of how to assemble the cot. i had to read the manual and teach him.

My advise to any one who is reading is... KEEP GOING TO BIG BAZAR REGULARLY... Check out only the BRANDED products and... Then BUY THEM FROM A BETTER PLACE OUTSIDE...

These people will never understand what Customer Satisfaction means... If only the same big bazar is started in US... Most of the time they will be in the court... Being sued by customers.

• Va
      30th of Jul, 2007

To add to the long list of complaints i see in this forum, let me share my story. i purchased furniture worth 37,000 from old madras road branch (on 10/06/07) and then my nightmare started. all of it was delivered in 3 dispatches over five days (not to mention after numerous calls and follow-up). now it has been just a month and i find deep cracks in the book shelf, the dining table chairs could not take my load on the very first day and started creaking, the mattress is good 5" shorter than the cot size, and the cot shouts at us even if my kid moves in his sleep. The upholstery is different from what was promised and many of the item are not in level etc.

Now, as expected, all our efforts for rectifying these defects result in vain as none of the so called customer care executives respond. i would therefore like you all to share the e-mail address or any other contact info of senior management i.e. say of Mr. rajan malhotra or Kishor Biyani etc

I would definitely like to teach these people a good lesson

Regards
    vaibhav shivhare

10th of Aug, 2007

Thi complaint is on the BIG BAZAR, NO 45/1, Marenahalli, Village, JP Nagar 2nd Phase Banglaore 560069.

Shop contact : 66299650 and the contact person: Kannan/Sony

I am still facing a similar problem. They agreed to deliver a Dinning table and the chairs on the 2 day of the week. They only delivered the Dinning table which is still to be installed and remains unpacked, and the chairs they promised to deliver it within 24hours has not be delivered. When inquired with the folks who delivered the study table needs to contact the Shop. The shop number that they have given is either busy or nobody picks up.

We should teach these people a lesson.

13th of Sep, 2007

I did window shopping and I was about to buy. After seeing the list of complaints I have given up

1st of Oct, 2007

I don't have any experience with Big bazar.some time they make mistakes in billng if we didn't chak on spot then we have go 2 mall.so it good 2 chakeout the bills. often in hurry we don't properly.

• Pr
      25th of Oct, 2007

Even I had similar experience with BIG BAZAAR, I would say this is the worst mall I have every seen in my life.. I bought a mobile (worth 10,000) from there and after 3 days it stopped working when I went there to log a complaint they said madam we don’t take care of servicing part.. go to authorized service centre ( which will be closed most of the time) then somehow we managed, after 3months that phone stopped working completely we again tried they said why didn’t u come initially and did not accept the request.. this is the kind of services and product they sell.. Same is the story of my fan, cot...

• Su
      26th of Oct, 2007

Dear Friends
    I have gone to 2 BigBazar of Kolkata and the experiences are horrible. Once I bought a raincoat. and luckily it started raining. I went out wearing it, and I was drenched. Big Bazar refused to take it back. I had another experience with shirts in Bigbazar. It was horrible.

SO KEEP AWAY FROM THEM!

28th of Oct, 2007

I also faced bad experience!

• Ba
      5th of Nov, 2007

I am also facing the same bad experience... I have purchased a 21 inch color TV from big bazaar Bangalore (near forum). They said that it will be delivered the next day by 4 pm, but they didnt. When I called them they said that it was dispatched one hour back. We waited all the day but the TV didnt reach us. Again we called them back, the irresponsible manager said there was no stock and asked for silly excuses. Still we dont receive our TV set. The management is really really poor!!!

22nd of Nov, 2007

I too agree with the above complaints and grievances of customers of so called BIG BAZAR, management's administration
    is as small and worst as the un governed road side dhabha. I also had experienced like others. I happened to visit BIG BAZAR, Banashankari on the 01/11/07 and liked the sofa set and decided to buy and I did with the payment of instant against the bill No:12444. Kind of color choice we had given, was not available on the day, so we were assured that within next 15 to 20 days it will be delivered at my residence . All went in vain, no one from customer care of furniture division felt necessity to speak the truth of the present status of the delivery of the sofa set. Now I am panicked if at all I will receive the sofa. Despite of calling them repeatedly and asking for the contact # of the person concern MR. KIRAN, answer, mobile is stolen or call you back after (never ending )half an hour. I believe the authority BIG BAZAR should be put before the consumer forum for their extensive way of cheating and bulling customers, to be dealt with. I pray that we get the Sofa set which we have not yet received any committed message.

Hats off to such amazing administration of BIG BAZAR.

• Mr
      30th of Nov, 2007

Hats off to such amazing administration of BIG BAZAR.

• Mr
      30th of Nov, 2007

I also faced bad experience! SO KEEP AWAY FROM THEM! We should teach these people a lesson.

2nd of Dec, 2007

I too had very bad experience yesterday, dec 2, 2007. There is gold rush offer going on. They say gold coin for purchase of Rs. 999/ one bill not with two combined bills. We purcahsed for about Rs. 2100/ in one bill and the person says only one coin for one bill and he donot even has stock of coins, and asking people to come and collect later. This is a BIG BAZAR's BIG CHEATING. people simply rush and buy many things, but no one is speaking against this there.

7th of Dec, 2007

Big Bazar is simply making fool of public. They are telling that we cannot buy any product cheaper than in big bazar but they are afraid to tell the price of the product. I went there and noted price of some products to see weather it is cheap or not. The manager of big bazar near Forum came and took that paper from my hand without my permission. They are scared. But I have noted many of its price and compared with other retail stores . I found that the products in Big Bazar are very costly,and old . They can write

The MRP of magi is Rs 10 and it costs Rs 9.8 in Big Bazar . See how generous they are. I have decided to make people aware of this and going to campaign using consumer forum against their practices.

7th of Dec, 2007

Big Bazar is exploiting us but we should not let them exploit us.

• Sh
      14th of Dec, 2007

big bazar is providing very cheap materials for very high cost.the vegetable that we get from palakkad big bazar is not in good quality but have to pay more.same thing we can get from outside in a cheap rate