Bidz.com / conspiculously deficient of quality

I saw adverts for bidz dot com all over the net and thought that I would check it out. I googled it to see if I could find any negative implications but all that came up was more ads. I totally got duped I believed the 100% risk free auction. In any event once I received the packages I took one of the bracelets out of the package (supposedly a gold/ruby diamond bracelet) and my boyfriend started laughing! He said that it looked like bronze and the rubies didn't even look real. It was very light and there is nooo way that it is worth the $2000 retail they advertise. Honestly it was truly embarrassing to show my purchased jewellery to friends and family when they prompted me to see it. Everyone that saw it said that it looked fake cheap and truly; like jewellery compatible of a gumball machine. In total I purchased two bracelets and three rings. I paid nearly $1700 I may have well flushed my money down the drain. Every single piece was defective as the gems fell out merely by handling them. Quite honestly the next time I attempt to check a business credentials I'll put fraud/scam in the toolbar beside the name. I think bidz dot com has so many different adverts on search engines to bombard the consumer and sway possible negative ads from being foreseen. I only hope people will see comments such as these before thinking about purchasing from these scam artists.

Va

Comments

• Bi
      29th of Apr, 2008

Dear Jasmin,

It is very unfortunate to see that you have not been satisfied with the merchandise that you ordered.

We do guarantee a 100% Risk Free Auction. We do have restrictions in place. If you are not satisfied with an item you may return it, you must return it within 15 days of the delivery date, restrictions do apply and they are all disclosed on our website.

If someone is interested on placing a bid, we always recommend that they read the entire description, as the description has the most accurate information. We recommend that a customer does not place a bid based on the image. We provide the image so that the customer can have a better idea of how it may look.

• Ls
      17th of Nov, 2008

I received my jewelry today in three bags. I was very disappointed by the poor quality and tiny size. I won a bid on a
    ring that said compare to $2, 200. I intended to sell this ring to pay for the smaller ones. The topaz necklace was so small when I pulled the tiny chain and pendant from the plastic bag, the pendant fell on the floor and I had to use a magnifying glass to find it. I feel sick about all of the jewelry I cannot give such poor
    quality jewelry as Christmas gifts. I want to return the necklace
    as it is such poor quality and so tiny but can't find the RMA # and can't retrurn it until I can find it. To say that I wish I had my
    $600.00 back is a major understatement. I think the whole company is a rip-off and will tell everyone I know not to deal with such a terrible company.

• Ka
      21st of Apr, 2009

I have done business with bidz.com many times. I have never had a customer service issue, because I have never had to contact their customes service department. I have always recieved exactly what I was told I was getting, and recieved my items in a timely manner. I work in a very labor intensive job and wear my engagement ring every day and have not had any problems with it (e.g. stones falling out, scratches), it is as lovely as the day it was purchased 2 years ago. My experience has been that bidz.com offers quality products at reasonable prices, I buy several pieces from them each year and have found that it is a excelent way for someone of limited means to build a nice little jewlery collection. I am going to post this on all the complaints against bidz.com as I think that people should hear another side of the story, so I have covered some problems not mentioned in this post.

• Xc
      15th of Dec, 2009

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

The Los Angeles Police Department. contact@lapdonline.org
    The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
    Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
    Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
    Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
    US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
    And anyone else you might think of. I have!

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. david@bidz.com
    President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. lkuperman@bidz.com
    CFO / Lawrence Kong. lawrence@bidz.com
    COO / Claudia Liu. claudia@bidz.com
    CCO / Larry Russell. larry@bidz.com
    Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. marina@bidz.com
    Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. vilius@bidz.com
    Don't bother with customer services, there's a contradiction in terms. Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

Cheers,
    And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

• Co
      12th of Jan, 2011

I AGREE< they tell you its worth a enormous amount of money, and its worthless, especially when the stones fall out when you open the package, or how about the color and quality they state it is... FRAUD I am joining the few who dare to go against such a bogus business. Claudia ... you are a scam ARTIST

• Bi
      21st of Jun, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time in providing feedback regarding your purchases and your experience at Bidz.com. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback and suggestions seriously. You may always contact us directly for any assistance by phone, email or bold chat. We have revised and updated our policies to improve and provide 100% satisfaction to our customers. We stand by our merchandise 100%. In case you receive a defective item or an item not as described, you may return for a full refund. We do apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had at Bidz.com. We hope you will take the time to visit our site again to allow us to provide you with excellent service.

• Sn
      26th of Jul, 2011

"Dear Customer,

We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at improvements@bidz.com" Someone advised me, via telephone, that he will not assist me further. Do you consider this as customer service?