Bidcactus.com / BAD business practice/Misleading auction site/Scam

1 CT, United States Review updated:

The website is a scam. The auction time will increase indefinitely until everyone stops bidding; however, they have people that will keep bidding on it to ensure that 1 legitimate person who is genuinely interested in the auction until they've spent hundreds of dollars on the product. This auction site is highly unethical and practices unthwarted business methods. DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON THIS SITE! YOU WILL BE GIVING MONEY TO THEM. At some point, I see a class action lawsuit in their future.

Sf

Comments

• Su
      28th of Jan, 2010
    Bidcactus.com - Scam and cost of bid
    bidcactus

Listen up people when u get involved with a company that makes things seem intriguing, you can go bankrupt
    By there misleading cards value, which are not like everyone else says that by the time if you win you would use most all your bids, pay for item then shipping etc, by the time you are done which isnt to long time you are done with what u bought and thinking would win. Now then like others state, several same screen names on multiple items, bidding to jack up costs, while most are losing on bids, this is not regulated and you will never know how to go against a computer generated plan, when u rehit to play going going gone etc, and hit key most times it lets u
    Go to another level and extgend play but i played this and wasnt allowed to keep playing cas it gave its computer generated system name the win. While u sit here and lose. All your money, cancel your account and move on away with these people and company arrest them for fraud, embezzlement, of peoples funds, misleads concepts
    You going to win no way catch u later i am real f - word pissed off here, and will call attorney genreal to have them shut down

• Dm
      29th of Jan, 2010

I am just horrified that this is going on and no-one can do anything about it? I have been getting 14.99 debited from my account for a couple months now, and I also thought by calling the 1-800 number, this would stop. However, my account was charged again! I am beside myself on how many people have been scammed, and I feel completely helpless. I am a single mother of three, and cannot even afford 1.00 a month much less $14.oo. Help!!!

• Er
      19th of Feb, 2010

Fed up of the bidding for the product and losing it every time? Now, there is no need to bid and lose your money. A new site with a unique concept is coming soon where bidders don’t bid against each other, but use their collective power to bring the price down and buy a product they want at unbelievable prices. More bidders, less prices. You have to buy time, not the bids. Buy the enough time slots and enjoy shopping.

19th of Feb, 2010

Penny Auction Watch is now putting up multiple zombie websites all saying the same thing, listing there scam penny auctions as legitamite ones, don't be fooled, Penny Auction Watch Is trying to tell us bidders, which websites to go to, by constantly putting up worthless zombie websites that say nothing but promote websites controlled by them, Penny Auction Watch uses a generic name and a list of there websites and a picture, these Zombie scam self promotion websites have no purpose but to promote scam penny auctions owned by the people behind penny auction watch, I guess they think that by putting up 50 zombie websites saying there penny auctions are the best people will believe them. http://pennyauctions.biz/ is a scam site put up by penny auction watch to promote and further reinforce what they've been saying on there site, "propping" and "promoting" there penny auctions, www.bid2loot.com another zombie website setup by penny auction watch to promote there penny auction websites and more zombie websites to follow i'm sure in short succesion

Penny Auction Watch: Interview with BidBanditAuctions.com | Facebook SCAM
    Penny Auction Watch wrote a note titled Interview with BidBanditAuctions.com. Read the full text here.
    www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=248150876267 - Cached

ANOTHER PAW APPROVED WEBSITE FOR YOU AND ME TO GET RIPPED OFF ON PAW PROMOTES BID BANDIT ON FACE BOOK THIS IS A SCAM, PENNY AUCTION WATCH OWNS THESE COMPANIES THIS IS A SCAM LIKE BIDCACTUS
    PENNY AUCTION WATCH HAS BUILT AN ARMY OF WEBSITES TO RIP OFF ANYBODY LOOKING FOR PENNY AUCTIONS

Interview with Bidazzled.com SCAM
    Dec 7, 2009 ... Readers have been telling us that they've won & received items from recently opened penny auction Bidazzled. Bidazzled is running a special ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com › Auction News - Cached

ANOTHER PAW APPROVED WEBSITE Bidazzled.com SCAM PAW APPROVED FOR YOU AND ME TO GET RIPPED OFF ON PENNYAUCTIONWATCH.COM IS A SCAM THIS IS A SCAM LIKE BIDCACTUS

New Penny Auction: BargainsandFun.com SCAM
    Jan 5, 2010 ... We recently interviewed the owner of the new penny auction site Bargainsandfun.com. He tells us that he has removed all instances of bots ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com › Auction News - Cached

PENNY AUCTION WATCH PROMOTES BargainsandFun.com A SCAM, ANOTHER ONE OF ITS BOT FILLED SHILL BIDDER FILLED WEBSITES ITS PAW APPROVED AND ITS COMPLETELY LEGIT, JUST ANOTHER WEBSITE FOR US TO GET RIPPED OFF ON THIS IS A SCAM LIKE BIDCACTUS

BargainsandFun Needs Beta Testers — Penny Auction Watch
    Beta testers are needed on new penny auction site Bargainsandfun.com. They just posted to the forum (where all the fun stuff is at! ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com/.../bargainsandfun-needs-beta-testers/ - Cached

BidRodeo SCAM Announces Rookie Auctions
    1 post - Last post: Aug 6, 2009
    Another great, legit penny auction site is Bid Rodeo. (Register here for 10 free bids with your first purchase!) ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com/2009/08/bidrodeo-beginner/ - Cached - Similar

BIDRODEO SCAM FILLED WEBSITE "PAW" APPROVED FOR YOU AND ME TO GET RIPPED OFF ON PENNY AUCTION WATCH SAYS THERE COMPLETLY LEGIT THIS IS A SCAM AND PENNY AUCTION WATCH IS A TOTAL SCAM AND OWNS THIS COMPANY

You May Want to Try BidTrotter SCAM
    Aug 18, 2009 ... As a result of hearing that members of PAW have had good experiences with BidTrotter (*please if you don't mind, enter referring user name: ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com/2009/08/bidtrotter-auctions/ - Cached - Similar

BIDTROTTER IS "PAW" APPROVED FOR YOU AND ME TO GET RIPPED OFF ON PENNYAUCTIONWATCH OWNS THIS COMPANY

HaloBids SCAM Opens January 7th — Penny Auction Watch
    1 post - Last post: Jan 5
    HaloBids.com has now officially opened, they sent us this message: Our pre-launch for the free Apple iPod touch went well. ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com › Auction News - Cached

"ANOTHER BIG GRAND OPENING FOR ALL OF US TO GET RIPPED OFF ON HaloBids BOUGHT TO YOU BY PENNYAUCTIONWATCH.COM GUARENTEED A SCAM BY PENNYAUCTIONWATCH.COM

PennyJersey SCAM Needs Beta Testers
    3 posts - 1 author - Last post: Jan 17
    New niche penny auction PennyJersey.com, a sports memorabilia & equipment bid-fee auction, is launching soon and they need 50 beta testers. ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com › Auction News - Cached

PENNYJERSEY SCAM NEEDS TO TEST HOW TO RIP PEOPLE OFF AND PENNYAUCTIONWATCH IS THERE TO ASSIST IN PROVIDING PEOPLE FOR THERE CON RIP OFF PENNYJERSEY IS A SCAM AND IS OWNED BY PENNY AUCTION WATCH.COM

PennyPlex SCAM - Penny Auction Watch Forum
    PennyPlex Penny Auction Site Reviews. ... Junior Member. Join Date: Dec 2009. Posts: 13. Reputation: 10. Pennyplex is on a distinguished road ...
    www.pennyauctionwatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786 - Cached

ANOTHER PAW APPROVED SCAM WEBSITE FOR YOU AND ME TO GET RIPPED OFF ON
    PENNYAUCTIONWATCH.COM HAS BUILT AN ARMY OF WEBSITES TO RIP OFF ANYBODY LOOKING FOR A PENNY AUCTION

Are you serious?!

lie 2 (l)
    n.
    1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
    2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
    v. lied, ly·ing (lng), lies
    v.intr.
    1. To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
    2. To convey a false image or impression: Appearances often lie.
    -http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Lie

Allow me to say it again, I do not and have not owned any penny auction website. Your claims are not only false but utterly ridiculous. You can say all of those sites are mine if you'd like, but the truth is they're not. I started PAW in May of 2009, the other sites were made by other people.

20th of Feb, 2010

*I meant to add to the last sentence: in regards to bid2loot and pennyauctions.biz, those are not my sites!

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel

• Ba
      20th of Feb, 2010

I am not affiliated with pennyauctionwatch.com and have no stake in it. I own bargainsandfun.com which is listed in the directory there. But so are allot of other PA websites.

My site is not a scam and all winners have gotten every item they have won.

My site does not incorporate shills or bots - if It did auctions would go allot higher. You think an auction for a giftcard that is worth $25 and closes at $.03 has shills -

Your a little slow so let me put this into perspective for you!

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH PAW - IT IS A DIRECTORY OF SITES THAT IS WHY I AM LISTED THERE - I DO NOT "CHEAT" MY CUSTOMERS OR USE ANY DECEPTIVE PRACTICES ON MY SITE.

Jeremiah J. Hobson

• St
      20th of Feb, 2010

You are totally off the wall with accusations, I am a member of PAW, I have learned so much by being a member there. I have also leaned of places to bid and not to bid. You need to get your facts straight before posting such nonsense . I have won on a couple of those sites and Penny Jersey is the best for me not only have I gotten all of my wins in record time but he has the very best customer service I have seen !!!So you need to back off of PAW as they have helped many people and will continue to help. Sounds to me like you are a scammer trying to run people away from a site that really has been helpful in keeping people from loosing money !!!
    Stewartfan!!!

• Ca
      20th of Feb, 2010

I find it very strange that EVERY site you list as a "scam" are sites that I regularly win on! Not a single one of those sites are owned or affiliated with Penny Auction Watch. I have spoken to MANY of the owners of the sites you list...have you?? Simple really...email the owners and check their IP addresses. Check their company addresses. Check their Paypal account addresses. It's actually very EASY to find out who each owner is, and where they are located. ###. Do your homework before spouting such stupid nonsense!

20th of Feb, 2010

WE ALL KNOW THAT BIDCACTUS IS A SCAM 100 PEOPLE CANT BE WRONG... BUT PENNY AUCTION WATCH THINKS SOMETHING DIFFERENT... PENNY AUCTION WATCH... A SCAM WATCHDOG SERVICE ...SUPPORTS...BIDCACTUS. THEY SUPPORT BIDCACTUS ON THE HOME PAGE AND HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING THEM THOUGHOUT THERE SCAM...DONT GET RIPPED OFF BY PENNY AUCTION WATCH.COM

"& Terbie62’s: “I ran across an ad for bidcactus one day, and after watching items sell so cheap, I decided to give it a try. I won several items, and decided to do a search of penny auction sites. I joined several, and through the year, won many great items, and am still ahead in the game. I keep track of money spent on bids on each item, bids placed on auctions not won, etc. I have narrowed down my list of sites, doing away with the ones I can not win on. I was able to give all 6 of my grown children, and their spouses some really nice gifts for Christmas, and am working on gifts for this year. They are a fun and exciting way to shop. I love the thrill I get when the timer runs out, and I am the winner! It is awesome. PAW helped me to narrow down the field, and choose the honest sites. Thank you PAW!” DONT BELEIVE ANYTHING THESE PEOPLE SAY

20th of Feb, 2010

What do you think about BidsTick.com, "taken" that one must be legit, right?

20th of Feb, 2010

Your post is utterly ridiculous that was a legitimate entry to our giveaway by a real user who I do not even know.

• Ms
      5th of Mar, 2010

I was a member of BidCactus for a few months, and I must say, I did win a few items on that site. In the past 2 months I won a few more gift cards and when I called to find out when I would receive the cards they told me that the cards were sent UPS and that they were delivered to my apartment. When I told them I never received the cards they responded that UPS had given the package to a young boy at my apartment. When I told them I don't have a young boy at my apartment. They responded that they will give me the tracking number and I can complain to UPS. I felt that if I pay for the high price shipping it should be BidCactus responsibility to make sure the packages are put into the right hands. As of this day I still haven't received the 5 gift cards they said they sent to me. The times that I did receive my gift cards, they were just laid outside my door, for anyone in the apartment building to pick up and walk off. One of the packages I found out in the middle of the parking lot, where the wind had blown it from my front door. When Bid Cactus gets your money they don't care if you receive your package in the correct manner or not. Why should they care, they have their money... I am home all day long to receive any package that is delivered but UPS don't even knock to hand it to you personally. Those gift cards that I have been waiting for was won in January and it is now March and still haven't received them. I have called several times and the attitude they give you is very un-professional. The only thing they can tell you is that the cards have been sent and is now out of their hands. I feel they are a very poor business and the staff is very irrogrant. I had referred several family members and friends to the site and they now are leaving the site due to the attitude of the staff and not receiving the gift cards they have won. If BidCactus doesn't care then why should you spend your money on bidding on the items they have. I am now a member of BidSauce.com and they have been great so far.

• Ri
      5th of Mar, 2010
    Bidcactus.com - Scam
    Bidcactus
    Red Lion
    Pennsylvania

I agree with the above complaints I studied this sight for over a month and watched what things went for alot of bids and what did not. I purchased bids and as soon as I started bidding gift cards that were only going for .50 or less mysteriously now bid up to over $3!! as soon as I stopped bidding the auction finished with the person I was bidding against winning. I did this 3 times thinking it was bad luck until I realized I was just being scammed. If the bids are infact real this company would be making $300 off a $50 gift card. I watched a video that was suppose to be a real winner however, when he faked that he couldn't spell the company name a whole room full of people started laughing. If that was a regular person you wouldn't be hearing a whole room full of people laughing. Clearly a scam stay away from this sight!!!

• Aj
      10th of Mar, 2010

To MsCardinal:
    If you got a tracking number, you should easily contact UPS and find out what happened to the cards. If they provide you a tracking number, it is technically out of their hands. They cannot be responsible for UPS. The Postal service drops things off at the wrong house all the time. I work for UPS, and you should contact them to get a better tracking of where they delivered it, who signed for it... etc.

Good luck on your efforts.

• Aj
      10th of Mar, 2010

To Taken:
    Your drivel is getting old. Get over your sorry @$$ who couldn't win on a PennyAuction that you saw on PAW. Nowhere does an endorsement, interview, by PAW or its members will guarantee that you will win. What will help, is if you read a lot of the posts from successful bidders and learn from their experiences before you put your money down. I lost the first few times I played, but I didn't just keep throwing good money after bad. It's called restraint. After visiting PAW, I was able to learn more about recognizing bidding pattern of other bidders; check history of past auction prices and winners on a site. These will go a long way to know which auctions to jump into and which to stay away from.

• Pa
      19th of Mar, 2010

As a member of PAW I have to say that I laughed so hard at the paranoia of the writer complaining about Penny Auction Watch. Where on earth did you get such crazy information?

Chrissy ...Proud PAWer

• Ga
      23rd of Mar, 2010

I haven't had any luck with bidsauce, I've won a gift card in January 4th and they sent me a wrong tracking number, I called them twice and I only got the answering machine, they never called me back, I opened a ticket, I emailed them, etc it's almost April and no answer yet.
    My next step is complaint to the Better Business Bureau If you want to file a complaint I would be all for it because after reading a lot of posts on Bidsauce they don't respond to customer service problems 99% of the time.