Bid4Prize / Unauthorized billing

1 Orland, CA, United States Review updated:

I just received my monthly Sprint bill and there is a $9.99 charge for a company called New Motion Inc. / Bid4Prize. I contacted my provider immediately. They stated that there was nothing that they could do and that I would have to cancel the service myself. What service??? I have no idea what this is! I didn't buy a service from anyone! Please Help!!!

Comments

• We
      24th of Nov, 2007

Anyone know how to cancel bid4prize service?

1st of Dec, 2007

Call them @ 1-800-861-7414 and ask them to cancel the service. They are pretty much thieves and they already charged your cell phone bill $9.99 so they do not mind to cancel the service.

• Ga
      20th of Dec, 2007

Did not sign up for charges assigned to my cell phone with sprint and will not pay them.

• Su
      7th of Jan, 2008

I just found a $9.99 charge on my Sprint bill for bid4prize. I contacted Sprint and they said that there is nothing they can do even though I told them that I NEVER authorized such a charge. They said that I would have to stop it myself. How do I do that if I have no friggin' clue what it is? PLEASE HELP!!!

• Su
      7th of Jan, 2008

I called the number that was provided by "Sam." I was told that my cell number was NOT in their database. Funny because they sure charged my Sprint account $9.99. These people need to be put out of business! I'm going to file every imaginable complaint against Bid4Prize/New Motion Inc. !!!

• Je
      26th of Jan, 2008

Do NOT give up with these people. Explain to them that they MUST give you a copy of your written consent or proof that you, the authorized cell phone account holder, was the one who requested their service. They pulled this ### with me and I would not quit. I absolutely refused to pay and told them until they could prove that I personally opened an online acct with them or texted and requested info, they legally had to give me my money back. They told me that I had signed up on the internet??? They are [censored]! If you call your cell company, they can give you the # for the bogus company. You will probably get a busy signal, but be persistent! Good luck!!!

• Em
      17th of Feb, 2008

I just found the exact same thing on my account, there's nothing sprint will do?

28th of Feb, 2008

I filed a complaint with the FTC and my state's Attorney General. The AG will mail a copy of the complaint against them to you and to them. Tell them you want your money back. This is BS. I never ordered anything from this company. I was told I had signed up online as well. It is not Sprint's fault. This company has no right to be placing fraudulent charges on anybody's account. This is against the law, stand up and report them. Do you think THEY wouldn't if you were scamming money from them illegally?

28th of Feb, 2008

If you file a complaint, be sure to use the correct address and not the OP's!!!

Company information:
    New Motion, Inc
    42 Corporation Park, Suite 250 Irvine, CA 92606
    Phone: 949.777.3700
    www.newmotioninc.com

This company is a DBA of Atrinsic, Inc.

• La
      10th of Mar, 2008

Thank you for providing the number, I'm on the phone with them right now. And I hope someone will put them out of business!!!!!

• La
      10th of Mar, 2008

This is to Emily Kelly and anyone else who is watching. I don't know if you have the customer service number but here it is 1-800-861-7414. If you call them you can cancel membership and tell them that you want them to give you back that money. I told them the same thing and they said that they were going to send me a check for 9.99 within 2-3 weeks. Hope this helped.

16th of Mar, 2008

To update:

I received the answer to my complaint to my AG office. This company made me out to be some kind of liar from hell. I am more furious than I was after discovering their FRAUDULENT charges.

They did indicate they have sent a check for the charges as a "gesture of good faith". Whatever, I also do not care to be called a liar.

Send your complaints in if they have done this to you. If the FTC receives enough from people who they are scamming, then they will step in and handle the matter. I am also in the process of having Sprint send me a copy of all my text messages for the months in question. NEW MOTION is going to be sad to see that there are NO text from my phone affirming I agreed to their terms of service. As a matter of fact, there are NO text from my phone to ANYBODY. What a bunch of idiots! I will be sending the copy of text Sprint sends me, along with the copy of their lies they sent my AG, back to the FTC and my AG again, and BBB just as a matter of principle.

• Ra
      27th of Mar, 2008

I can't believe what theives these ###s are, they just get people's numbers and start charging them. it's ridiclous. it's true though that they will cancel the subsciption that you never signed up for, but they all ready got your money. the number is 1-800-861-7414

13th of Apr, 2008

I have canceled three times over the past few months but continue to be charged. I've called my carrier (Verizon) as many times to have them blocked and unfortunately there is nothing they can do. Therefore I am publishing Atrinsic's phone numbers; maybe they can have something done, after all B4P is one of their companies.

Customer Service (good luck): 1-800-861-7414

California: 949-777-3700
    New York: 212-273-1141, 845-620-1212, and 516-887-2600
    Washington: 206-224-6218
    Canada: 506-855-2991

John

• Be
      18th of Apr, 2008

There is a number on my phone bill for bid4prize and it is 1 800 861-7414. I have been told that they will refund a monthly charge (9.99), but they will not refund the very first, original bill amount of 9.99. They say that the reason for this is because there is no way that charge could have been generated without computer input and the cell #. I NEVER give out my cell# online. It is a business line for business purposes only. I think they use the phone cuz the credit cards would force them to take off the charge, and Sprint is playing the I don't know a thing about this game. Maybe they are in this together. They are all a bunch of liars there, trying to screw as many people as they can before they get put out of business. Can you imagine even one third of Sprint customers, @ 9.99 ea? Who's pocketing that???!!! It will not be me!!! For EVERYONE who gets a charge like this on their bill, they should call the number above, 6 or more times a day, asking to speak to a supervisor, until the matter is taken care of to customer satisfaction. Ya think they would get tired of all of us, irate as hell, calling them non stop to get these charges off our bills!!!

20th of Apr, 2008

It's amazing and great to hear that I am not the only one having these problems with Verizon - bid 4 prize. What a scam! And they ARE thieves. I refuse to pay this $52.00 on my account for something I had not initiated. I went to Verizon and got NO satisfaction. I will take this further and get to the bottom of this. If anyone can give me some advise, I would appreciate it. I cannot believe that this stealing is allowed to go on!

• Mi
      23rd of Apr, 2008

This is something that comes up when you are on a web page. You click it without any knowledge you are purchasing a service. I clicked on it thinking you could win something. It then takes you to some random page that you can;t get out of and you automatically purchased some bogus 9.99 program that they will keep billing until you cancel. It is incredibly unethical, but legal. There is nothing you can do about it.

• Ro
      29th of Apr, 2008

I too have been scammed by this company and have managed to get Sprint to remove the 9.99 from my bill two months in a row now. But I don't want to go through this every month. I tried calling the 800 number that someone posted here but got a message saying "You are not logged in. Goodbye!"

I believe that this company "got" me by sending me a text message which my phone delivered to me and which I read and which somehow (fraudulently) translated into me signing up for this bogus game or whatever it is.

Unfortunately, Sprint's web site does not make it easy to report fraud. There is no option for sending an email and at the moment I do not want to spend my entire morning explaining the story in a "live chat."

So, for the moment, the only recourse is to call every month and complain about the bill. Ask for a supervisor. Usually, the person you get on the line at first appears to be a trainee. Tell them that you want to report fraud. If enough people do it, they might start to take action and block these charges.

15th of May, 2008

what the ###, these people should be hung. i will get this removed tell them that you will contact your states attorney general. that will end this crap...

18th of May, 2008

Hi,
    I have the same problem with bid4prize. Every month for about three months already, I received a text message stating if I wanted to bid. And it gives you two options, 1) to text yes if you want to bid and 2) if you don't want to bid. Every time when I receive this text I text no. I don't really know where this bid4prize originate from but I called my provider (AT&T) and they said that they will refund all my money that bid4prize had billed me. I think that maybe the providers have something to do with this because when I complain to them they just offer to refund and fix everything. This sounds fishy to me, but if you are having this problem also I would suggest for you to call your provider and request them to refund your money back to you.