Biblesoft / Bad experience

Biblesoft's PC Study Bible 5 is very buggy and frustrating to use. (I have the Professional version 5.0e.) It freezes at times, has access violations and crashes, looses "focus" that is, you can be at one location in the Bible and when you select another Commentary, instead of keeping at the same location for the new Commentary, it freezes all too often and goes way off somewhere else in the Bible. Clicking Cancel when given different options for a Commentary does not work necessarily.

The NavPanel on the left side of the screen has a tendency to "stick" open and not disappear like it's supposed to. It can be very slow moving through text on a page even with a computer with a 1.8 GHz Duo core processor. It is not completely Windows Vista compatible as when you start it, a warning is given that Vista will run in basic mode or something like that (You won't get all the visual effects.) It doesn't restore correctly from the task bar. It has all of these problems and perhaps more I've forgotten at the moment even though they came out with version 5 approximately one year ago.

Recently, I tried buying some software from their Website. It turned into a frustrating experience. One of several problems was that their Website automatically generated a password for me at some undetermined time so when I tried to log in, I of course couldn't. It also wouldn't send me the password either and so on, etc. It is very apparent, that they need to make sure their Website works correctly! Even after resorting to calling and ordering from a person, there were more problems.

The software does have good potential but the problems using it degrade the experience significantly. I am told that the owner or boss basically doesn't care that much so that is why it is like it is. Perhaps more constructive feedback will help make both the software and general customer experience better. (I have had previous versions starting at 2 or 3, I believe.)

Va

Comments

• He
      24th of Nov, 2010

I have used version 5.1 on Vista with no problems for several years (began with 4). The resources are well chosen and the program is very intuitive and easy to use. All transactions have been very forthright and honest, the staff very helpful without exception, and the owner responsive.
    The economic turn of the past two years has hurt the company, and several key persons have left them. We all are anxiously awaiting version 6, which will be well constructed before it comes out. There is a certain hesitancy to prematurely put out an update that is not ready to go. This mistake was made with the 5.0 update, and many complained. This is still my preferred software for Bible study. It can be slow.
    My only complaint is that they do not answer correspondence and seem to be locked in a world of their own, rather ignoring advice from users. In connection with this there is a strange silence about their plans; this has led some to turn to other companies for fear that Biblesoft has no future. Yet loyal users like myself believe the company is still rebuilding and will soon experience a full return.
    The sudden release of Logos 4 and the consequent mass of reviews may be one reason Biblesoft is not so much in the forefront in reviews presently. Even reviewers have had difficulty connecting with their plans. It has been a long time since there was any update whatsoever, and the company owes it to their customers and to their future success to be more communicative and responsive to our pleas for information. Most users have invested a lot in resources with Biblesoft and justly fear losing what they viewed as a stewardship of monies given them by God to pursue the study of His Word. I have thought that just a little update several times a year would build confidence to keep using the product. Silence does imply disinterest, but they are not disinterested. If they are interested in their users, why not break this troubling silence and just encourage us a little bit? Nothing seems to be well tended surrounding the company when letters and calls are ignored. I think this to be bad for the company and not a very good expression of christian charity. I personally feel the company has distanced itself from me, will not simply communicate anything, and has somehow lost the confidence of a good many. But not me. I only pray they will show more consideration to us who have been a kind of "admiration society" and not hold us in the dark and feeling disrespected by them.
    A short time back another publishing company wounded me and others when they sold add-ons up to they time they decided to discontinue their software. I never thought a christian company would do this, but they did. Some may harbor a fear this is happening once more-- but Biblesoft is not forsaking us, only struggling to get out of a setback so as to be able to serve us better. I think it proper to pray for them. They are doing their work as a ministry.

31st of May, 2017

@Herschel Carlson This was my trusting post! I retract it with grief. I trusted and was failed!!
    Wonderful experiences with Olive Tree, Bibleworks, Wordsearch, and Logos--purchase one of these. Please don't fall into the trap with Biblesoft!
    They seem neither to listen or care.

• Up
      21st of Sep, 2016

They definitely do not listen to customers, and as for me, I found that their latest version would not work with Windows 10 in less than a year, making both the program and my add-on Bibles useless. They would not refund and they would not give a free upgrade. And it was less than a year and I had purchased their most recent version, specifically because the old version no longer worked with Windows 10 because Biblesoft would not stay current with Windows 10 updates. I also agree about them being, as you said, "in a locked in world of their own." I have found over the years that when it comes to business, we must treat Christian-owned businesses just like any other business, even as an employer I learned that my Christian employees were often no better than my non-Christian employees and that I must hold them to the same standard. Beware of giving a pass to people or organizations because of the Christian name. In fact, I would guess that Biblesoft gets let insistence on good products and services specifically because Christians are inclined to just let it go. Sad, but true.

21st of Sep, 2016

Biblesoft has released its newest software "OneTouch" -- go to biblesoft.com to see it. The guy above did NOT purchase the newest version, he chose to purchase the Version 5 and it is more than 8 years old and will not work with Windows 10. "OneTouch" works with Windows 10 and is very Interactive, Information and Inspirational actually. Sadly, when he was offered the ability to apply the money he spent on the new version, he refused, became a bully and has been seen as such in the end. His goal is to hurt Biblesoft by posting negative comments and contacting every consumer report agency he can find--which has not resulted in Biblesoft giving him a "free" program. Biblesoft will continue to serve our customers with dignity and discernment and will not let a bully get his way at their expense,

31st of May, 2017

@Biblesoft Yes, 8 years promising an update to version 6. Then their blog of customer comments disappeared.
    Never an update after 5.1. Then this cruel reply to a grieved user. Hope people see the kind of dealings with disenchanted customers you can expect. Note that One Touch com mentors say it doesn't work as promised!

• Up
      24th of Sep, 2016

I bought their latest version at the time, and now Biblesoft tells me it was 8 years old! They sold me an 8-year old product, which I apparently was unfortunate enough to buy within the last 11 months of its life-cycle, and now neither it nor the add-on I purchased with it (which cost me more than the program, by the way, is useless, and I have to purchase a more expensive upgrade to the basic program to get anything to work! This is a really poor product and its customer service is even worse. I would caution any would-be buyers that if they purchase hundreds of dollars of add-on software to go with the basic program, as many do, that they risk Biblesoft not supporting the basic program as Windows makes not updates, and suddenly be left in a situation where ALL of the software, including the add-ons, is worthless, or be forced to buy a new version of the basic software in order to use their add-ons. Also be prepared for Ad hominem attacks such as "bully" or "unstable" when you dare to address this organization as a business, or when in exasperation find you must move beyond communicating with Biblesoft and bring it to various complaint organizations.

24th of Sep, 2016

Same guy, same story. Sadly, he is not telling the whole truth. He was never told that the program he purchased would work with WIN 10, nor did he spend hundreds of dollars. He was offered the ability to apply the total funds he had in the program (less than $30.00) to the upgraded version (which is the same process all of our other many thousands of customers have willingly done) which IS the program that Biblesoft supports for WIN 10 and beyond. Biblesoft has excellent technical support services and has continued to keep our customers moving forward with technology and study tools since the 1980's--the program he purchased has been supported for more than 8 years, which is a very long time in the world of consumer programs. He screams about his 11 months of use of the program -- which equals a total investment for the program of $2.73 per month -- which he expects that Biblesoft should invest hundreds of thousands of dollars to continue to reprogram for eternity (or maybe until HE no longer needs it) with no future investment from him. THEN when Biblesoft refused to give him a refund of the program and his add-on which was under $70 (10 months AFTER the program did not qualify for a refund), he chose to (yes, bully) his way to attempt to force Biblesoft to give him a refund which was not warranted (or in the alternative give him an upgrade of the program FREE--which would be very disrespectful for Biblesoft to do to our customers who have all willingly paid for upgrades now and in years past because Biblesoft's program is easy to use and very comprehensive). He issued complaints with two different state Attorney General's offices, and the Better Business Bureau, and whatever other Consumer complaint entities he could find--ALL of which have NOT ended up in his receiving a refund or a FREE program. SO, he continues to strike out on social media and other internet based forums such as this one. Funny thing, he continues to think he will somehow make a difference in hurting Biblesoft (having sent emails to the company in the last few days threatening even more actions unless Biblesoft gives him his money or a FREE upgrade), which will not hurt the business Biblesoft continues to enjoy as our loyal customers would expect nothing less than what we have offered to him, and do business with Biblesoft knowing customers are treated fairly and equally . . . and the confidence that bullies do not get what they want, , just because they think they are special. Biblesoft's loyal customers ARE special and we are very thankful for each of them.

• Gr
      1st of Jan, 2017

@Biblesoft are you a spokesman for Biblesoft or something else? the version for win 10 does not work unless you are connected to the internet and is a real pain to use. you may be speaking about one person's experience but mine is a universal one that effects everyone who uses a device that is not connected to the internet. when i leave the house i no longer have service and cannot use my software. i get nothing from tech support about this issue even after repeated calls and emails. suddenly i find they are not responsive to customers. since you seem to be connected to the company in some way - supposedly knowing of a customer's personal information, maybe you can get this fixed for anyone with my circumstances. i have an android phone but have to purchase a new program to add it to my phone. since the program states i can put it on any and all computer i own, why should i have to purchase another program for the phone? i am very disappointed with the win 10 version. get off your soap box and get the bugs fixed. this is not the only one.

• Bo
      13th of Oct, 2016

I purchased One Touch for Windows 7/10 and was told it would work with windows 7. I paid over $400 for the upgrade because I was buying a new computer with Windows 7 in Sept., 2016. After several email exchanges with their Technical Support concerning a constant error message that keeps popping up, I told them I was returning it to them for correction. I told them the concordance button was well hidden and I stumbled upon it by accident. I asked where the tutorials were, and I was advised there are none. I returned their program to the Seattle address they gave me. I was advised, and have all the emails that the concordance button had been added to the main menu, and was under the impression it would be on the new flash stick I would receive.

In seven days, I received a new flash stick from a Des Moines address. I thought this is strange. Yep, it is strange--It is worse. I still have the pop-up error message and it takes 31 minutes for my program to open. I timed it while playing solitaire on my computer. The concordance button is still hidden and there are no tutorials. It's a nightmare, and I am going to return it and give them one more chance to correct this, but I am having my doubts and asking God to help me not to blow my stack.

I started out with Version Two of PC Biblesoft and have bought upgrades and add-ons through the years, and even purchased Version Three for my pastor several years ago. I ended up with Version Five and bought One Touch thinking it would be the same quality, but I have a gut feeling that ain't good. It is obvious that no one is trying out the product before sending it out.

I am 78 and living on social security and wondered about my purchase. I worked for the highway patrol back in my day, and I know the avenues to pursue if this is not corrected.

Respectfully submitted,
    Bob Searles

Bob:

Clearly you have not handled the issue with Technical Support -- please email them at ts@biblesoft.com

The concordance button is on the main menu--be sure you have the most updated version.

We DO test the program sir and we have had very little issues -- and there are ways to handle individual issues if your computer is having a problem. Tutorials have not been necessary as there is virtually no learning curve for almost everyone. If you need help, there is a solution for that as well--contact Technical Support. We have set up FREE 30 minute demonstrations and consultations for the few people who need assistance. It is by a preset appointment--let Technical Support know.

It takes only moments to open the program once installed correctly. Clearly there is an issue with your installation--again, another reason to contact Technical Support, sir.

You will not get your issues "corrected" by making a bunch of "comments" on a site such as this? The "avenues" you are pursuing now are not going to get you results. The new OneTouch is a great study tool. If there is an issue, you have been with Biblesoft long enough to know, it will be addressed. Solution, contact Technical Support via email as they work issues in the order received by email. I your years of wisdom it is very surprising that you would spend your time here. If you get in touch with Technical Support you can go back to spending time wisely in Bible Study. I checked the Biz@biblesoft.com email as well and I have not found a request from you there either. Technical Support awaits your email.

• Gr
      1st of Jan, 2017

@Biblesoft tech support does not answer any emails or calls i have tried in the last two months. how soon is "as soon as we can"? this is what the latest email said:
    Thank you for your interested in Biblesoft and our products.
    Your email has been received and we will get your inquiry just as soon as we can.
    Thank you for your patience with us and have a great day.
    how long should i wait for a real response? you say that these forums are not the way and to contact tech support. ts@biblesoft.com is not the way either from my latest experience. they have always been responsive in the past but no longer. maybe they are so overwhelmed by the bugs in this newest version that they just ignore the emails. not good business relations at all.

• Da
      13th of Oct, 2016

I have 32 emails between tech support with Biblesoft over 2 months and still have issues. I've chosen at this time to try and function with a handicapped program. Biblesoft tells how everyone is wrong and they are right. I fully understood the need to upgrade version 5f with the OneTouch version. My issue is that they refuse to fix known issues with the current software. They are in denial that something is wrong and keep trying to get people to purchase their newest buggy version. I'm all fine with updates and paying for them, but for hundreds and thousands of dollars, it had better work. I have OneTouch Professional not some cheap $30 version. I use it everyday and it freeze most days and the search function brings back bad data. All I've gotten from Biblesoft tech support is a canned email that has NOTHING to do with my issue. I have done what has been recommended and still have issues. I should not have to use compatibility mode for Windows 8 when running a program designed for Windows 10. I have Windows 10 Pro. No it is not the computer. I have tried it on 5 computers all running Windows 10 Pro. It should work and not crash (Not Responsive). I shouldn't have to delete files (Joshua and Caleb) on a fresh computer (clean Windows 10 Pro install not upgrade) on a first time Biblesoft install. I've re-installed OneTouch up to 5 times with the same results. I started emails with Biblesoft on 6/7/2016. Offered refund and ability to go back to version 5f which is not supported. That makes NO sense. Disappointed and more than likely lost future business. Biblesoft needs to step up to bat or get out of the game. You are wasting others money!

15th of Oct, 2016

You neglected to mention that tech support was on the phone with you the day you wrote your comments above. I was present. Also, putting the program on FIVE computers is against the user license --and, you are exaggerating your points. I gave confirmed the 30 minute accusation is false. Slam on sir, God knows the truth. It always amazes me when people who are supposedly doing His work post such comments as you are. Stick to the facts, no matter the solution, such rhetoric is unbecoming. Send me the emails sir to biz@biblesoft.com. Funny YOU are the only one who has ever needed so many emails to satisfy an issue. Hummmm? Not to be rude, but bluntly stated: you are wasting my time with your exaggerated and comments. Stay in touch w customer service and let them deal w whatever your issues are . . and try to refrain from the embellishments. If there indeed are as many emails as you say, you will get a call from our department.

To beat it all . . . the END RESULT is that one of our Technical Support Techs actually accessed your computer for you remotely and discovered the REAL ISSUE--YOUR antivirus program was the problem. NOT BIBLESOFT's program!!! Blasting us on the internet was wrong. And yet, you STILL leave such comments online? Really? There is NO accountability for untruth on the Internet, it is sad.

The most important thing is that Biblesoft has still continued to help you sir, we have solved the issue and you have left such information online to slam Biblesoft anyway?

31st of May, 2017

@Biblesoft Unbelievably rude treatment of customers!! What kind of company seeks to humiliate dissatisfied customers. Stay far away unless you never intend to voice a problem with their software!

• Da
      18th of Oct, 2016

WOW!! Lying to gain customer support. Never remote connected and last communication was 7/5/2016 via email. You are also getting customers mixed up. I'm not Bob S. I'm Darren R I own the OneTouch Pro (newest edition). The license agreement from your site states "The license allows the software to be used on two (2) computers for the purpose of being able to access your software at home, on the go or at work." I only have it installed on 2 computers; however, I have tried it on 5 different machines all running Windows 10 Pro with the same results. Anti-Virus program has never been the issue as it was disabled during install.

You have lost a 25 year client today! Logos will get all my future business. It is almost like someone is PUI (Posting while Intoxicated). I have never had such poor customer support and responses. No, Biblesoft has not serviced me nor have they addressed a single issue after sending screen shots, logs and offering remote connection. In fact on 6/24/16 I received an email from your technical service stating: AT THIS TIME -
    I don't know what it it will take to fix this issue. Our Developers don't know what it will take to fix this issue. This is partly why I recommended a refund. A refund of $776.23 for the upgrade from my last upgrade in 12/21/10 that was an upgrade of previous versions. I have spent thousands of my hard earned money for this customer service.

I wish this have turned out different. As a pastor, I have shared and recommended your programs throughout the years, but I can't any longer. Farewell.

• Sw
      19th of Nov, 2016

After having used Biblesoft since about 1995, I feel completely abandoned by the company for forcing an upgrade to One Touch, instead of releasing Version 6. Like others, I have been waiting for Version 6, hoping for some new exciting ways to explore the Bible, and to use a macro program I wrote to Word that would run in the new version. But Biblesoft has opted to force an upgrade that I can't afford. Over a thousand dollars (if not more) have been spent building my program, and now I am forced to spend another $500 to upgrade in order to continue to use my software. This is poor faith on Biblesoft's part. I used to trust them, but no longer. I guess when my Win 7 dies, and I am forced to upgrade to Win 10, I will be without a Bible program. I will no longer recommend Biblesoft to others, as I have often done in the past

• Ne
      23rd of Jan, 2017

I wish I had read these comments before buying the latest version from Biblesoft "One Touch". I have had major issues of text scaling. The icons are so small as cannot be read on my laptop which is a Dell XPS with a 4K monitor. In addition the drop down menus have text that is so large that the text overlaps making it impossible to read also. Just to add insult to injury, the programme has stopped working today with a windos error message to say that the program has to be closed. It does and I now am unable to use it at all. I have had dialogue with the tech team for a month none of which helped in the least and my recent e mails have been ignored. I was offered the opportunity to call a manager in the US this week but the cost of me doing that from the UK is prohibitive. I suggested that BIblesoft could call me but have had no reply to that suggestion.
    The feeling of being ignored is absolutely real and I empathize with all the above comments. No one in the organisation appears to be capable of handling customers or finding a solution to these problems. I am not happy.

2nd of Jul, 2018

HI: I purchased "One Touch", and it is really just a re-work of Version 5.1, with an irritating startup screen. That aside, it does work with Windows 10, or it did for me. It would crash from time to time, but I got used to that. I don't trust it enough to use during a presentation. They did close their Facebook website from customer post, which is a sign of something, I guess. They do seem to take criticism very personally, and not professionally. Anyway, that is their choice. I suspect some of the comments probably hurt deeply. And I don't think they had the resources (i.e. enough programmers) needed to address some of the issues that have come up. The software is very easy to use. For sure.

I switched to Accordance last year. I can't believe how fast and powerful it is, and stable. It is written by "MAC Heads", and has a bit of that MAC look and feel, which is fine. It is very powerful, a bit complex, but with the complexity comes great flexibility. I can have a window open on one screen and have it updated by the screen I am using on another screen. Great for presentations! And customer support is stunningly good. I mean crazy good!

BibleSoft does not have that kind of power or service. But, as I said, it is very easy to use. I hope they are able to survive, because there is a market for their product, once they get it where it needs to be. BibleSoft will never have the power and following of Accordance, but that is not their niche. They need to focus on that.

6th of Aug, 2018

I'm very saddened about the responses I'm reading here. I contacted one KATHI KAMPI in January 2017 on an issue I was having regarding loss of my daily RBC devotions and was informed they were looking into the situation. That was 1 1/2 years ago and I've heard absolutely NOTHING in that time.

Now my whole program PC Study Bible program is gone that I paid over $300.00 for and inquired about this lost on July 31/18 this year and I HAVEN'T HEARD A THING on it neither.
    Here is my sent message.
    Nucc
    To:
    Biblesoft Support

Jul. 31 at 7:42 p.m.

To whom it may concern I would like some assistance with my PC Study Bible that I purchased but have completely lost.

I send this message originally not being able to get to the RBC devotions but now I've completely lost my PC Study Bible program that I purchased. Is there any way my PC Study Bible can be restored online?

I am running on a windows 7 and used the program daily for my studies. Nobody responded beyond the Jan 30/17 response re; my first issue and now I've completely lost the program and the CD Rom I got when I purchased the program. I paid hundreds of dollars for the program and now it's gone. Please help me.

Agape'

Carmen Schiroso

IS IT RIGHT to do this??????

6th of Aug, 2018

@Nucc3 Sorry to hear you had this trouble. It seems odd that the program would just disappear. Is it possible that you just lost the shortcut? What version are you using? Version 5.2 ran relatively well in Windows 7. And they were still using cd's back then. The new "One touch" is sent out on a USB stick. Does it still show as installed in Windows?

14th of Aug, 2018

@SofTec I have THANKFULLY found my version 5 quick install for windows XP & windows 7 CDs. There are 2 ADVANCED LIBRARY CDs can I re-install without problems?

15th of Aug, 2018

@Nucc3 Hmm, I don't see what the advanced library should not install, if that is the library you own. The BibleSoft installers were a bit problematic at times. Unfortunately, I can't remember if the issues were around bad CD's, or conflicts with other software on the system. Make sure the library you are installing is all the same version.

15th of Aug, 2018

@SofTec Thanks, but it is the one where I first lost the RBC Devotion. January 2017 and never got a real response back accept we're looking into it. I'm just apprehensive about trying to re-installing it if it's defective.

15th of Aug, 2018

@SofTec So what should I do and what can you do? The instructions also speak of a KEY. What if I don't get a KEY?

20th of Aug, 2018

@Nucc3 Hi Sorry, I didn't realize you had responded. Hmm, a key. I wonder if they mean a usb key? That would be the new software, the one they call "One Touch". It uses a usb to install, and some people call them a usb key. If it is the old software, then it may be an installation key. I can't remember if they used an installation key. I would not be able to help you with that. Do you have an account set up with them on their web site? If you do, you can download all the installation files for the add-ons, except for the big ones, which is very funny, because they are not actually that large. They do a good job of keeping your purchase history in your on-line account.

20th of Aug, 2018

@SofTec Since this is a complaint's board, that means we are not that fond of the BibleSoft software. So, I don't feel too bad in doing this. Here is a link to the bible software I am now using. It takes some getting used to, because of it's power, but their support is incredible. And the software is much, much more powerful than BibleSoft. You really can't compare them. I think that is why BibleSoft will not give out screenshots or videos anymore. They are well aware that they have fallen badly behind in technology. It is still simple to use, but old technology.

Try this software. They have free trials, I believe.

30th of Aug, 2018

Does this mean my PC Study Bible version 5 is an over $300.00 ripoff? Should you not send me one that works? Do they even exist? This is really sad.. FREE "TRIALS" lead to more COSTS. I'm on pension and was depending on this software to help in my retirement ministry.

30th of Aug, 2018

@Nucc3 Well, it's not a rip off. It will work reasonably well in Windows 7. It is a fair size library and well priced for what you are getting. And, I think the update to version 5.2, which was a free patch release, might still be available. You may want to call their support line.

30th of Aug, 2018

I have tried to contact tech support over a year and a half ago with my first issue and STILL haven't heard anything. Why do you think I'm here?

30th of Aug, 2018

OH, sorry. Have you called the support line? This is from their web site.
    Customer service can be reached at: 866-722-4253, available M-F, 8am-4:30pm (Pacific).
    I have called there before, and had some success.
    Personally, I hope the company survives. And they can, if they develop a more mature attitude and treat their clients in a business like fashion. They do have a useable product. It needs to be modernized, but they don't need to start from scratch. I think they lost their steam when they put too much money into a web app, which never took off.

• 29
      4th of Sep, 2018

BibleSoft was running a 50% off on all products, including upgrades, over the Labor Day week. Still a user of Version 5F, I was interested. I sent the email below (with Susan's first response at the top and a second response to the same email which is after my email body) asking some questions, which there email ad encouraged, about the progress made with the One Touch product. I was surprised and saddened by Susan's response. If there truly are no updates with new version numbers, I will just continue to use the Version 5 product and hope like others, that BibleSoft is able to improve the One Touch product.

From: Susan Carrichner
    Sent: Monday, September 3, 2018 4:31 PM
    To: Keller
    Subject: Re: Now thru Friday . . . Save 50% Off!

We do not have such numbers sir
    Kindly,
    Susan Carrichner

On Sep 3, 2018, at 12:10 PM, Keller wrote:

Hello BibleSoft:

I would like to know how many updates you have made to the Windows PC version of the One Touch product since it’s release several years back. If you would, please include version numbers of the updates and the fixes / changes made for each update. I very much would like to take advantage of this offer, but I need to be certain that the product has improved and I will not be dealing with the issues that I experienced when I first upgraded and later returned the original One Touch offering. I still used the PC Study Bible Version 5F on an older PC but would like to have a more user friendly (and hopefully touch screen compatible) product for my Windows 10 system.

Sincerely,

Susan's second response (typos included) was a bit longer:
    The program is very well accepted and used by many thousands of people workdwide. It works without a touch screen

Kindly,
    Susan Carrichner

5th of Sep, 2018

Seems like a warning sign. I would assume no updates, patches or fixes.