Bharti Airtel / Service Centre / airtel service center is rude

1 India Review updated:

I am writing this mail in great pain and frustration. Though I have been a satisfied customer of Airtel for the last 7 years but in the last one and a half months the way I have been harassed by Airtel Service center I must say that I have changed my views about the company. Bottomline is I spent more then Rs 35, 000/- in buying a blackberry set from Airtel Service Centre and out of 35 days I have not used it for more then 4 days. My new airtel BB no is [protected].

I bought Blackberry 8310 set from Sector 14 customer service center at Gurgaon. My number got disconnected on 23rd June on the grounds that I have not submitted my employment proof. Please tell me that I purchased this number on my own so why do they need an employment proof and even if it was required why the hell it was not informed to me when I submitted my other documents when I bought this number from the same place.

On 24th june immediately I submitted my employment proof in the hands of Manager of Service Centre and after that the services got activated but ONLY GSM and no value added services got activated.
From here the service center people started torturing me. I called up the manager on the daily basis from 24th June to 27th June for restoring my VAservices as I was not able to access my e-mails. He keep on dodging my by saying that the services are getting activated in next half an hour but it never happened for 5 days. Everytime I called up at 121 I got to know that I have not submitted my employment proof whereas I had given the proof in the hands of that manager.

On saturday 28th June at last, I personally visited the service center and he restored my services in half an hour and told me now I can use my BB without any issues. I cant understand when it was half an hour job for him then why the hell he hadn't done this when I was following up like anything with him. He also told me that employment proof was not required as its my personal number.

On 30th June once again my VAservices got deactivated and the reason was same that I have not submitted my employment proof. After couple of hours even my SIM got deactivated and the phone stopped working showing no coverage and SIM registration failed. I again called up this great gentleman and he told me that you come to service center again and I will change your SIM card. I visited the service center on 5th july and his guys told me that he is not in office whereas he was in office only. On my insistence that I want to meet him he came out from his cabin and told me that he is not having any SIM card and I can come on Monday or may be I could go to other service center. The staff there treated me as if I am demanding unreasonably and told me to come on Monday only.

What the hell these guy thinks that we have all the time in the world to follow up with these guys. I am suffering after buying a handset for 25k, depositing 6k for international roaming and 5k for the first month bill and I have not used my phone at all.

Comments

• Yo
      18th of Jul, 2008

pacow network in airtel

• We
      7th of Nov, 2008

we are not getting our postpaid bill of airtel connection. Our connection numbrs are 9717999044/45/46/47/9717544998/9717999048. send our bill on E-mail ID we2investment@rediff.com

• Pa
      19th of Nov, 2008

Hi,

My No. is - 9600091420 & I took the No. on 4th November, My plan is 125 +36 with CUG free & 10000 SMS free.
    But as u check i daily receive a call from ur customercare for the bill & after discussion with your service delivery menager i already deposited 500 Rs in fisrt weak after commited that he will not discunnect my services, but today morning my incomeing & outgoing all services disconnected,
    This is a Example of very very poor service that i was not expected to such a company.
    I am very very dispointment to airtel services & probebly up to today evening i will change my no.
    & service provider.
    I am thinking also that why should not i put a notice on our Company notice Board in which i explain all about your company poor services.

Pawan Gaur

• Gr
      18th of Aug, 2009

Hello,
    I would like to just say no to Airtel now, because of customer services. On 17th Aug. I had been charged for Rs. 30 for Hello Tune Activation which had not been Activated by me and the Call center executive was saying that I got a call on 17th Aug. at 1:44 pm. from Airtel and I accepted the service. Do you thing that I am a Fool to Accept the Service and to claim non-acceptance. The fact is that I did not recieve any call from Airtel on the given date and time.
    Later in the evening when I called to Airtel cuctomer service. The executive said to unsubscribe from Hello Tune Service by calling on 543211808 and after unsubscription you'll get your money back within 4 hours, but I did not get back my money.
    And Every time when I used to call at Customer Service, They used to give the details of recharge options only. No other services are working properly.
    Kindly do something for me as well as for rest of your customers.

Regards
    Mr. Girish...

• Pu
      24th of Jan, 2010

hi

i have taken BLACKBERRY Rs 899 paln on 31/10/09 but still im not getting services.
    and not getting the refund balance .
    NO BODY RESPONDING ON IT

cont no.9760456870

• Ka
      10th of Mar, 2010

Airtel has the sickest possible customer service in the country. The call center is irresponsible and their sales people or marketing people are the rudest on earth. I have had at least 10 instances of being harassed by them. Airtel, teach your employees some manners before putting them on to the job.

• To
      6th of May, 2010

The customer care service 9845098450 sucks... first of all, its got a bad sound quality where nothing is clear ( i have tried from two different mobiles and a landline system also) second the Airtel jingle, the way it starts is depressing, third... they torture lost customers by puting them on hold with this depressing music, for ever.

Airtel outlets in areas other than the Brigade Road, Indiranagar ... and posh areas like that have sad executives, forget being professional, they dont even know the basic language.

A simple SIM activation took two days and almost about 4 hours on the phone, trying to get the problem fixed (inspite of knowing kannada, english and hindi) yet not solved, i had to change my number ultimately...

In this age of Advanced Technology, Brand like Airtel needs a lot of tweaking i guess.

• B4
      17th of Oct, 2010

Even i am facing problems because of airtel's weak service.After the ayodhya matter govt ordered all the telecom companies to re-confirm their customers documents.I have submitted the documents twice in the customer center as suggested by the aritel by a msg service.Then too i receive sms's and calls regarding submitting the docs. I m an hosteler here and is running out of time and finance to go to the centers again and again.So from the bottom of my heart, with all due respect i would like the airtel employees to fold an airtel banner each and shove it in their [censor] and [censor] airtel..

• Ag
      5th of Apr, 2011

the customer care service s very very poor. without responsible answer ly said, its totally bad i want to change my company

• Gi
      25th of Apr, 2012

I am writing this mail in great pain and frustration. Though I have been a satisfied customer of Airtel for the last 7 years but in the last four and a half months the way I have been harassed by Delear of Airtel Service center at Wardha, (M.S.) I must say that I have changed my views about the company. in last month he transfer amount Rs.750/- (Rs. Seven hundred fifty only) from my account to his account, and after asking about the matter he is not ready to listen about the matter and saying that whatever he had done is correct. now i decided to go in consumer forum to make complaint of Delear of Wardha airtel service center, Mr. Saifee
    Girish Korde- 09766589243