Bharti Airtel - India / international roaming not getting activated

China Review updated:
I am a corporate customer of Bharti Airtel, India. I had asked the company to activate International Dialing along with roaming, much before I left India. It was activated and I could make International call using my mobile. However apparently the 'roaming part' has not been activated by Airtel India. I also did not check up this aspect before start of my tour from India.

Subsequently through my corporate account, Airtel India, have been asked to activate the International 'roaming' . They have also confirmed that the same has been done. But according to them the activation would happen automatically. It has not happened. I have even taken their customer care executives on conference call and tried to solve the problem, but the same remains unresolved as probably the customer service of Airtel are not aware of the features of Sony Ericsson Mobile M-600i which I am having.

I do not quite appreciate this aspect and approach of Airtel India, being an International company! Airtel India should have done something on immediate basis to assist the customer. For the past three days I am on travel and mobile with International roaming activated does not work!!

I have even tried to do the manual setting using the local network, still it does not work. Will you forward to the topmost executive of Airtel India.

I am not interested in getting a "sorry reply" from Airtel. Ask them to address the issue and own the problems.

N  9th of Jul, 2007 by
I have two airtel nos. but i cant use both of the two. My both nos, are 9934464219 & 9931692204 . My problem is that i can use only first no. whereas i cant use the second one (9931692204), although there is network available in both of the connections. I cant understand what the problem behind it. I want service up to dated on both connections because i really need it. Thanks.

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel