Bharti Airtel / activates the scheme without permission

1 India Review updated:

I am customer of Bharati-AirTel and for past few months i am facing problem for automatic activation on prepaid schemes without my permission. When i ask customer care executive they escape by saying that i may have recieved a promo calls and had activated the scheme. I told them that i had recieved a call and i strictly said no to them and i never talk much which this promo calls caller. later on i deactivated one scheme by loosing my money on activation charge.. few days back again my balance was deducted from my account, Then i called up on one of the customer care executive named as "Jitesh Patel" (Ahmedabad) and i asked to stop the service and give me a refund. that guy gave me refund but did not stopped the scheme, so on the next day it again activated , i again called to them and talked with another guy "Javed Intikari" he told that i have registered the complaint and assured that my amount will be refunded within 24 hrs, nothing happened, i again called a customer care and he also gave me surity of refund after more 24 hr, but nothing happened again, i agained called customer care and talked with lady "Nilofer" she took my all details and then told me that i m responsible for activation and deactivation of the scheme and argued with me and strickly told that i will not get refund. then i asked her to let me talk with the higher authority she forwarded the call after a long wait to a person "Madan" who seems to call himself a supervisor but i think he was also simple customer care executive and he also gave me the same reply and argued a lot .. I am fedup of such service from airtel. i must say that this is not way to do business ,, its a mere cheating the customer and also customer dont have any other option except calling to customer care..

Za

Comments

• Di
      25th of Jan, 2008

Dear freind,

The same thing has been happening with me. The customer service is also very poor. This is very bad and unethical strategy of the company.

• Mr
      5th of Jul, 2008

To,
    The Manager,
    Customer Care,
    Bharati Cellulars Ltd.

Resp. Sir,
    I am Ajit G. Khandagale holds the Samsung company's Handset Model No.J600 alongwith its EMI No. 357172016496248 has been misplaced alongwith your company's Mobile card No. 9860354826.
    If any of your customer holds this EMIs mobile please contact on my e-mail id. It is likely to be in Pune or Satara District of Maharashatra. Please close input & output services on this mobile. I have made necessary complaint in Shirwal Police
    Station.
    Thanks & regards,
    Yours,
    Ajit G. Khandagale
    e-mail id: khandagaleajit.123@rediffmail.com

• Vi
      18th of Oct, 2008

my phose is lost with my sim card . My mobile no is 9783981817. You are requested to please stop all the services provided to this above mobile no.

Thanking you and assuring you the best of our services

Regards,
    Thanking you,
    virander matol singh

• As
      20th of Oct, 2008

My Delhi based Mobile- 9818429165 was misplaced on 17-10-2008 (about 6:30 PM) at Ranchi. I have lodged F.I.R. at Namkom Police station, Ranchi in this regard. The Police station S.D.E. No. 423/08 dated 17-10-2008. I request you that kindly block the present SIM card, further I want the same number for future use.

Kindly inform me in this regard.

Yours faithfully,

Ashok Kumar Baxla

• Le
      5th of Dec, 2008

My cancellation Reason is very simple. Your customer executives are not given proper answer and solutions. when i call to customer care they ask my connection problem and ask 4 hrs for rectifying that. it is continue from december 2nd afternoom to till now. They are acting and playing with my request. I lose my customers and business for the 3 days.

I can tell anywhere, these days your customercare is very worst before 1 year back you are best. now you will loose the business.

Anyway, I thanks to Airtel Telecommunication for their services.

I cannot submit any instrument to any airtel office. Please collect the Instrument from my place.

Note: This mail forward to

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 2:12 PM, wrote:

Dear Mr. Lenin,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

With reference to your teleconversation had with Bharanitharan customer
    care executive, we are truly disappointed to learn that you have decided to
    surrender your Airtel Broadband / Telephone connection.

We would like to bring to your notice that cancellation process would take
    7 working days from the date of cancellation request received and the bill
    would be charged on prorata basis. Further request you to surrender the
    instrument and modem at the nearest Airtel showroom.

Your request has been registered with us, please find the reference number:
    221776 and one of our customer care representatives shall get in touch with
    you shortly.

For further assistance, please
    · Call us at 044 - 44444121
    · E-Mail us at - care.tamilnadu@airteltelephone.com
    · Fax us at 044 - 42112233

Assuring you of our best of services at all times.

Yours sincerely,

No : 044 42654043

Reason : Worst Service.

Regards
    Lenin.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
    The recipient acknowledges that Bharti Airtel Limited or its subsidiaries and associated companies(collectively "Bharti Airtel Limited"), are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/overthe contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of Bharti Airtel Limited. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.

• Sr
      7th of Jul, 2009

BHARTIAIRTEL activate the service without the concern of the customer. They have activated the job alerts services without taking my concerns My no. 9096340788. I want them to stop cheating the customers. Their cusmer care service is very worst. My service providers are airtel maharastra region. (pune)
    SRamalingam
    E46 NCL colony Pashan Road
    pUNE 8

• Ab
      21st of Aug, 2009

It has happened to me as well. Airtel has activated some of the VAS services in the mid-night on July 31st while I was sleeping and charged me for Rs.197. SInce then I have been calling these dumb people to get back my balance but they have not resolved it till date. Firest they told me that I was the one who activated their services.

Once I asked for the proof, they chickened out and told me that issue will be resolved by 11th Aug. SInce then every time I call them they tell me that in 24hrs they will credit back my balance. Even their so called nodal officer for Maharashtra & Goa region seems to be a useless fellow who doesnot bother to respond to the complaints.

• Kr
      25th of Dec, 2009

i m not satisfied with airtel digital tv, his persons is misguide to me and activate some services without my permission . if i want to complaint agaist them he cannot give me the proper e mail id or contact number, and he does not take any action against my complaint. now i decide to go with consumer court.

• Gu
      16th of Jun, 2010

the same is happening with me too and has happened twice. they are shameless and thick skinned company. no ethics. money is their God and they would get it by stealing or robbery or in the name of business.

• Mn
      19th of Nov, 2010

Activates the scheme without permission

I am customer of Bharati-AirTel and for past few months i am facing problem for automatic activation on prepaid schemes without my permission. When i ask customer care executive they escape by saying that i may have recieved a promo calls and had activated the scheme. I told them that i had recieved a call and i strictly said no to them and i never talk much which this promo calls caller. later on i deactivated one scheme by loosing my money on activation charge.. few days back again my balance was deducted from my account, Then i called up on one of the customer care executive named as "RAJU" (KARNATAKA) and i asked to stop the service and he took my all details and then told me that i m responsible for activation and deactivation of the scheme and argued with me and strickly told that i will not get refund... I am fedup of such service from airtel. i must say that this is not way to do business, , its a mere cheating the customer and also customer dont have any other option except calling to customer care..

• Va
      29th of Jun, 2011

Dear Sir
    I am R.Varadharasu My Mobile No:9994084800, Sir i am calling any network one secound 1.2 pais total call rate one call Rs.1.00 ruppes. This is my requist for airtel to airtel per call Rs.0.10 pais other network per call Rs.0.30 pais please activated.
    Please my request for kind reference
    Regards