Bharti Airtel / stealing money from pre paid accounts without positive consent from customer
My mobile number is [protected] ( Haryana Circle). Airtel has started a unique method of fund raising for its Zain deal buyout. It is stealing money from customers account without their knowledge. Today morning (23/02/2010 ), i had a balance of Rs 163 in my account. After making a 30 sec. local call, i was amazed to see that my balance has fallen to Rs 62. I wondered about as to what has happened here.In the mean time, i got an SMS stating that " your free trial for Games club is open now. After this, you will be charged Rs 99 per month.If you do not want to participate, SMS UNSUBGE at 54321. " Then i realized that my 99 rs has been stolen by Airtel .
I am using the word stolen because, the amount was deducted without my knowledge and without my positive consent. This is innovation of airtel to fund its Zain deal through the pockets of its customers without their been aware of it unless they are vigilant. I have given a complaint to them via complaint number 205069 dated 23/2/2010. Through this post, i want to make people aware of this looting by Airtel . Two of my friends have got three such unsolicited schemes on their mobiles. Who is Airtel to force such schemes on customers ? it is taking negative consent from customers by asking them to unsubscribing to scheme. Why should anybody unsubscribe a scheme which he or she hasn't subscribed in the first place ? and what about the customers who don't read most of the SMS es. They will keep on paying Rs 99 per month (or any other amount according to the scheme forced by Airtel) for no fault of theirs.
Airtel should return the money of all such people and stop sending sms es with negative consent. They should ask for positive consent as to whether one wants to SUBSCRIBE for a particular scheme or not.
More Bharti Airtel Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - mobile tower installation fraud
- Bharti Airtel - faulty sim cards
- Airtel India - mobile service issue.. fraud in bills
- Bharti Airtel - not getting network in prepaid mobile no. 8800944537
- Bharti Airtel - recharge amount rs 99 not reflected in airtel contact no.9816578315