Bharthis (Mobile Phone Shop) / Fraud and cheating!

1 India Review updated:

I visited the shop on September, 16th 2007 to buy a mobile phone along with my friend. They claim that they are running special festival offers. We choose our model and asked them to explain the offer associated with the phone. The sales person said that with this model we will get a SIM with one year validity. We liked the scheme and decided to buy the phone. After we paid the amount we asked them if they can give the SIM too as intimated.

The person asked us to go to the other desk and show the bill, you will get the SIM. When we received the SIM, the attendant asked us to pay Rs 290.00. We were shocked, I told the attendant that while choosing the phone on the counter your sales person told us that with this phone we will get SIM with one year validity, he didn’t intimate that we are supposed to pay for the that too. The attendant told us, no, now you have to pay for the recharge (for 1 year validity). I rephrased my words again and told them if that is the case then they should tell everything before on the counter or at least while we were paying money for the phone. When we asked the same to the sales person again then he told “This is how they sell the things here.”

This is absolutely rubbish. In this situation anyone can loose their temper so did I; I told them with this type of attitude with customer, I do not want to keep any relation with the shop and asked to return my money back. To my surprise, they refused to return my money back and asked my to pay for the recharge too.

Is because they already have my money in their pocket, they have rights to harass me and my friend in front of everyone? Is their some law in India against these types of shopkeepers?

Finally they did not return my money back neither give SIM, I would like to report the same to the other consumers and consumer forum in India to beware of these kinds of shopkeepers and ensure what you are receiving is correct before handling over your hard earned money.

Address of the shop: Bharthis, No. 18, 9th main, 4th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore – 560011

Regards,
Parivesh Gupta
Email: Parivesh_gupta@mindtree.com

Comments

23rd of Oct, 2009

this is sheer nonsense.. not only this shop but any shop in the world.. will have the same offer..
    ie., SIM will be FREE but the recharge has to be made.. at the time of buying..
    you should have enquired in some other stores rather than crying here

• Sr
      14th of Mar, 2011

Parivesh you are correct, this people are cheeting customers, how can we give complaint on this.
    I purchased a blackberry 8110 battery on 23/01/2011 from Bharthis, (#18, 9th Main, 4th Block, jayanager Bangalore -560 011). But it was not working properly, they have changed twise the battery, those batteries doesn’t have seal, they are telling now a days the product is coming like this. Even it was not giving sufficient backup time. I have visited 6 times in last 2 months. Finally I asked to return my money back. They told that they won’t return any thing and get lost for the shop.is there any way to give complaint aggent this type of shopkeepers.

please helpme :-seenuinweb@yahoo.com

• Sr
      14th of Mar, 2011
    Bharthis (Mobile Phone Shop) - Fraud and cheating
    India

this people are cheeting customers, how can we give complaint on this.

please helpme :-seenuinweb@yahoo.com