Bharat Gas Petroleum Company / long undue delay in delivering the gas cylinder

1 India Review updated:

This is not the first time I am booking for the Gas cylinder with Bharat gas. I have changed my quarters from one location to the other in the year 2005. Hence, my service area by Bharat gas distributor also changed to M/s Sandhya gas agencies, fort, trivandrum, kerala. From then onwards i have been facing difficulty in getting the cylinder in time. This time its worst. I have booked for my cylinder almost a month back. The gas agency asked me to wait for one week then. Almost 4 weeks have passed by and so far I have not received the cylinder. Whenever I am contacting them , they say that the service in my area (Jagathy) is changed from tuesday to friday or the boy who delivers the gas cylinder is not aware of the area or some other excuse. Since I am not in a position to take leave or permission I am unable to go to the go down to collect the cylinder. The MOST PATHETIC PART IS WE ARE PUT TO DISCOMFORT BY THE BHARAT GAS DEALER FOR THE PAST ONE WEEK. We are partially cooking using rice cooker and tiffing purchased from hotels for the past one week. My wife is not well and I have one kid who is in his upper primary school.

The company has promised to give cylinder in at least one week from the date of booking BUT SORRY TO POINT OUT THAT A MONTH HAS ALREADY PASSED IN MY CASE. I think that M/s SANDHYA GAS AGENCIES have failed in keeping the company's good will. Because earlier I use to get good service from M/s MP Gas agencies of bharat gas.

Comments

Bi
  19th of Sep, 2007

I have taken LPG gas connection from KRISHNA GAS
agencies ,ERNAKULAM north on 15/3/06.( My customer no -
20428). Till date I have not received spare cylinder and when I asked about it,I was told that there are people waiting for it for four years!!! the problem is when the gas is over ,I have to wait one week or more to get through their normal delivery procedure.otherwise I had to go to agency to pick up the cylinder next day(taking leave from my office since it is possible during 10 am to 5 pm only).What should I do to get the spare cylinder?

Dr
  27th of Sep, 2007

Dear The authority of Bharat petrolium gas

I am consumer of BP gas bearing the consumer no 36470. My agency is mukta gas agency, malwani, Malad (w), Mumbai. Even if 12 days back i booked the gas, till now it has not been not delivered. it also surprising hat all the time phone appears to be busy, which is not possible. They are doing all this thing purposefully. because gas are available form the delivery man at higher price. if this is the practice to continue, than no body will get the gas. Even I have to purchase on black because i want my food by any means. Please look into this matter, otherwise it may lead to a serious consequence.

Thanks
Dr.N.P. sahu
consumer no 36470.

Bi
  11th of Nov, 2008

I am consumer of BP gas bearing the consumer no 007710. My agency is jaya gas agency, panruti, tamilnadu, . Even if 25 days back i booked the gas, till now it has not been not delivered. it also surprising hat all the time phone appears to be busy, which is not possible. They are doing all this thing purposefully. because gas are available form the delivery man at higher price. if this is the practice to continue, than no body will get the gas. Even I have to purchase on black because i want my food by any means. Please look into this matter, otherwise it may lead to a serious consequence

Sa
  21st of Nov, 2008

What papers are required for booking of new connection? And if I dont have some papers then what is the alternative for that? Please give me feedback. Thanks.

Ab
  12th of Oct, 2012

Two weeks ago, I booked a gas cylinder refill at one of the Bharat Gas Agency, telephonic. After following process on IVR they sound that Refill has been booked successfully & would be delivered in Next 48 hours. But after waiting for 60Hrs the refill was not delivered. When I made a call at customer care they told me that refill has been delivered yesterday. But I got the refill after 2 hrs of making them call. But the cylinder was leaking & due to this my family has to face lots of troubles. I had made complaint to them and they took that refill back but still I am waiting for my ordered refill. I had made call to the Bharat Gas agency at 1800222725 so many times regarding the matter but still there is no result. So I decided to file my complaint at http://www.consumercourt.in/lpg-cylinder/89634-bharat-gas-customer-care-complaint.html. But still they have also not replied me regarding this.