BFY Obsolete Parts / Scam and lies

1460 N Glassell StOrange, CA, United States Review updated:

I ordered a gas tank for my car from this company on Sept 3rd. They took my money from my account on the 4th. The website said products were shipped within 24-48 hrs. I contaced the company 3 days later to ask for a shipping number and never recieved a response. After 2 more emails, I called the company and was told that they had to order the tank, and it would be in on the 12th. After not hearing from them, I contacted them on the 16th to see about getting a tracking number again. I was told the package was in the shipping dept and was leaving that afternoon. I never recieved a package, and contacted them again on the 23rd. I was told that someone from shipping would call me. After 3 more days, I recieved no call, and contacted them again on the 26th. I was told that Fedex lost my package and would I like a refund. As it had almost been a month, I told them yes, I would like my money back. I checked my bank account this morning, the 30th, and still no refund, so I once again contacted them. The first email went unanswered, so I sent another one, mentioning that I was taking all of my paperwork and emails from them to my local JAG office. I was told that my email was being fowarded to someone in the refund dept and I would get my money. That was at 1300 their time, 1600 my time. So I knew it would at least take a few hours to hear back from the so called refund dept. At 1700 their time, 2000 mine, I get an email from Fedex, saying that a package had been sent via this company, to my address. I was outraged. I have been lied to for a month. They NEVER sent the package off to me to begin with, that was all a lie. I was lied to saying that I would get my refund. Basically, someone there screwed up, and instead of telling me about it, they lied and tried to put me off. I would have been able to deal with the truth better. Now, after spending a weekend fixing my car the best way I could, I have a freaking gas tank on the way that would have helped me had I recieved it almost a month ago, when I ordered it. My main complaint here is that if it was out of stock, I should have recived an email after I ordered saying that it was out of stock, and asking me if I would want to wait for them to get it in. That way I could have been given the choice to wait, or try to get it somewhere else. As it was, I was without my car for almost a month. These people are scam artist, and liars, and do not deserve the business of hard working people. I will also be contacting Fedex to let them know that this company is basically blaming their screw ups on them. Also, all emails I have with this company have been kept and printed out in case I need to prove what I am saying.
Va

Comments

Do
  13th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also got the run around from BFY, after ordering parts in AUG 2008 they sent me a partial order and told me that the rest would be sent in a few days. That order never showed up. I also ordered some running boards that never came. Its now March 2009 no parts even after many e-mails and calls . I'm out $250.00 Obsolete is a good name for the company. If you need any vw parts go to jbugs.com great service and fast shipping.
Ne
  31st of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i completely agree with those on this page. i gave them a $3, 000 order of parts 3 weeks ago and have been lied to about any kind delivery, AND I AM NOT SHIPPING ! i am local and will pick up my parts. WTF is going on with this company who lie to their customers about the status of their orders. i am not taking this lying down. i will take this company to court for all their lies and misrepresentations. anyone who would like to join me in a class action suit against this ridiculous company can contact me at michaelpentz@yahoo.com.
Cm
  29th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same problems. No refund. I've filed with the BBB and the Anaheim Police Economic Crimes Department. I would encourage EVERYONE who is missing as little as a bolt from their order to file on these scam artists! Also, check out the samba report on them to learn more about these lowlife thieves!
Sn
  11th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Parts ordered May08, recieved September 08 after much complaint... returned one piece in November, they recieved on Nov.12 (08), still waiting for a refund, which I have been told has been done many, many times... odd, it doesn't show up...

Out 500$...

NEVER SHOP HERE... CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH... CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE... MARIA (ACCOUNTING BFY, A JOKE, DARREN DUDLEY, REPEAT OFFENDER OF DOING NOTHING TO RESOLVE...)
As
  7th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Do not order from BFYObsolete! Darren Dudley cannot tell the truth. I placed the order, he said I will get it in about 3 days and receive an email with confirmation and tracking number from United States Postal Service. No email for 4 days. I called 4 days after ordering and he said all items have been shipped and will email the info that day. No email. Next day he said that a part was holding up the order. But he also said it's a bunch of separate orders. Then he said someone messed up and he thought they shipped it but they did not and that it will all be shipped out that day. It goes on and on from there. More shipment lies, one after another. Waiting for a refund, I cancelled all items, after he hung up on me when I was complaining and asking for answers. 4 times he hung up on me mid conversation, because I was not taking his untruthful answers any longer. And I honestly feel he lied that he refunded my card while on the phone and has no intention of refunding me. I feel that Mr. Dudley has only been dishonest and frankly, quite rude. I have been in tears and physically ill after the last few phone calls dealing with him because he will give no straight or truthful answer and I knew I had been stolen from. In my opinion every single phone conversation was a lie from the time of order.
1s
  10th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i feel for you guys out there that got scamed from bfy, i also ordered parts with shipping to a total of $548.90, in reality ive waited, 9wks for a part and still never came. this part should have came in the ending of june but still its over due, i think i should have atleast gotten it with in 3-4 weeks, and another part that supposingly be here this week. but never came. called this dude darren, says hell call me back, but never did, today 07/09/2009, man really would want to go there and get down, on bfy, anyone out there got there money refunded, ill request it 07/10/2009 and see what he says, reallly if i need to id take myself in person to cancel all the parts and being sure i get my refund coming out of that wanna be bfyobsolete parts store.
Sb
  15th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
hello everyone im not going into all the details its just like everyone else here. scams, lies promises, no refund. ive been waiting almost 3 months for my parts to come and a refund on part they say not in stock. getting really tired of there crap!!! 300.00 im out and was wondering what we all are going to do about this situation?? im about ready to contact the fbi internet fraud department and file a complaint and forward all complaints recieved with them. darren is a lier always telling me one thing and then another. 25 years in buissness scamming people . come on people dont let them take advantage of us as if we are stupid people.
Pi
  16th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I experienced the same run around from Darren and waited six months with only part of my order ever being shipped. Fortunately, I live close enough to BFY and paid them a visit a few weeks ago. After I walked in, I waited about ten minutes before Darren was off the phone and could finally help me. In that ten minute period he received three phone calls from angry customers demanding refunds. One of the phone calls he had to take in the the back room because of how heated the exchange was. I peaked down their hall and could see the storage area was a mess not to mention a stack full of customer orders loosely spread out everywhere with no sense of real organization. Long story short, I was able to get a refund, but I do consider myself lucky for getting my money back. BFY Obsolete needs to be put out of business and Darren needs a foot up his ###!
Ge
  20th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am in Australia & have ordered a disc brake conversion in July 2008. After numerous emails & phone calls I received 1/2 of the order in December 2008. Further communication via email & phone to Darren Dudley proved futile. This Darren Dudley is a real piece of work...very smooth with the lies - tells me exactly what I want to hear - And absolutely no result - never able to obtain any shipping reference & the story changes many times. I have now asked for a refund & Darren will not respond.

Please beware - this company has no ethics and will take your money and provide unlimited lies...I am really annoyed with myself for trusting and hoping Darren was genuine...What a sucker I was...Please don't let this happen to you.
Si
  1st of Aug, 2009
I am in the same situation as everyone else here. I ordered fenders and have called every day to get a shipping number but so far have received nothing but lies. I just got of the phone with my credit card company and am filing a dispute over the charge. BFY should be drummed out of business.
Nh
  13th of Aug, 2009

BFY Obsolete Parts - Rip Off! No Parts, No Refund
BFY Obsolete Parts
California

They are either incompetent, or dishonest. Their customer service is pathetic. I waited 3 months for back-ordered items that would be in "any day". They gave different answers for my order status each time I called and the parts never came in. I finally canceled my order and was assured I would get a prompt refund to my credit card. After nearly 4 months of waiting and 5 contacts, I still do not have my refund.
Ve
  5th of Oct, 2009
I am from argentina and i have the same problems...he took 380 dollars from me!!!
Ve
  5th of Oct, 2009
I am from argentina and i had the same problems...he took 380 dollars from me!!!
Sk
  19th of Oct, 2009
Just got my credit company to reverse a 250 dollar charge to them that was 5 months old because I STILL don't have parts...
Se
  21st of Oct, 2009
I WILL PAY FOR INFORMATION ON DARREN DUDLEYS LOCATION PLEASE POST HIS HOME ADDRESS SO WE CAN PAY THE ### A VISIT...I'M SURE YOUR HEADING FOR A FALL DARREN DUDLEY!!!
Se
  21st of Oct, 2009
DARREN DUDLEY MUST PAY FOR HIS ACTIONS PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ANY INFO. I AM CONDUCTING MY OWN RESEARCH AND WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE IT...I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED...THOUGHTS GO OUT TO HIS VICTIMS.
Sound
  21st of Oct, 2009
Hey SEANeb you are of course right we hard working Americans should conduct our own trial...i find him GUILTY, next stage punishment...lets group up and show Darren Dudley and his team of rip off workers what where about!He and his team are enjoying our money..ill be happy to post any info. pictured of him, his family, and workers along with address/contact numbers...Yes Darren be afraid it's a matter of time for your lot to face many angry cries!!!SMASH HIM AND HIS WORKERS!I'M DOWN $2, 600+++ WE'LL FIND YOU.
  21st of Oct, 2009
Ever seen someone caught up in razor-wire?Very messy!!
  21st of Oct, 2009
WON;T ANSWER THAT, AGAIN ON MY PAGER PLS.