BFG / BFG's international call support is fake!

I know that BFG has a good reputation for customer support, but it seems that their support is only applied locally for US citizens. BFG claims to have 24/7 international support for its consumers, but that's not true.

I have called on their (non-toll free) international support number and have waited for 15 minutes waiting on hold listening to a jungle soundtrack and every 2 or 3 minutes an automated voice comes over saying "your call is important... please wait", something like that.

So I gave up the phone call, I thought maybe they are practical high-tech people, I emailed them. I waited for two days with no response at all.. until I sent another email complaining about the service and how my negative impression could cause a lot of negative talk over the BFG international support.

Somehow it seems my second complain came to a resolution. They sent me a Ticket#: 20184458 ID, and someone asked me for more info about my system specs etc.. I had sent him the summary of my system specs before but he wanted more details, so I sent him a full system report generated with Everest home edition and with every suggestion to why my 7800GS AGP could be stuttering.

And now it's been two days I'm waiting for a reply, and BFG is yet not responding.

Great, now I am stuck with my cards problem and I am even doing more research to solve my problem myself, and I don't expect any help from them. But I will be pleased putting my own conclusions and judgments on BFG support without any feeling of regret.

1. BFG's international call support is fake. If you live abroad the United States, don't buy BFG cards. They make more sales locally, so why should they even bother to support overseas?

2. I have told them exactly all about the things I tried to make the card work, and since then I have not received any response. When BFG realizes they're dealing with a knowledgeable customer they stop responding, because they can't afford to blame their own card for not working properly.

1. I don't appreciate BFG's international support, but I have to give credit for their jungle soundtrack when being on hold.. it rocks!

A  13th of Jul, 2007 by
Totally agree with Arto.

BFG are supposed to have an excellent reputation in customer services, this maybe true if you live in the US, but if you happen to live in the UK you really are treated as 2nd class consumers.

There is no UK support tel no. If you want to call them you have to call a US number, which cost a fortune. Support via email is available, however this is still generated from the US, which means they are not particularly interested it would seem.

I purchased a BFG 6800 GT video card new from an Internet store. On installation all seemed ok for a few hours and then PC started to randomly reboot. I re-seated card and tried numerous drivers but the card never ran stable. After 3 or 4 emails I finally got BFG to send Me an RMA# for the card and was told to send it to a BFG Tech place in Wales, where a replacement would be sent.
A few days later a tatty box arrived with a replacement card in it. The card was clearly 2nd hand and not particularly well packed. Anyway I kind of thought if it works that would be the main thing. I installed the 2nd card to PC. Straight away something was wrong. Colors looked terrible even on the boot up. After a few hours messing I realized the Card was Junk, it would not display any RED color what so ever.

I emailed BFG once again, it was clear to me that this card was not tested before it was sent and it really felt like I was being fobbed off.

After 7 days and 15 emails later, I finally got someone at BFG to reply (how bad is that for customer services) They explained it must have been a faulty card Blah Blah. I asked for a new replacement (or new equivalent replacement) after all the card was faulty from new. I was told that BFG were not able to ship new replacements to the UK! (why!) Because they didn't have new cards available in the UK. When I asked why they couldn't ship me new one from the states, I never got a reply. In fact I have asked them this on at least 5 occasions, still no reply. It would seem that the email support team, pick and choose what questions they want to answer, anything difficult probably gets deleted.

After having no joy with a new replacement, I decided to try and get another RMA# from them. Funny enough they were happy to send that within a few hours of asking. They said they would get ANC to pick up the card to save my postage. Well after a week of waiting for a date from ANC, I sent the card myself and again a replacement arrived within a few days.

Well I wish I could end it there but unfortunately I can't. The 3rd card that I installed from BFG was faulty yet again. This time totally corrupted display, in fact after a few hours trying, this card wouldn't even boot-up.

It's been 6 weeks so far and I am still without a working card. It is very clear to me, that the BFG place in Wales are shipping other peoples cast offs as replacements without fixing or repairing any of them. Basically they keep fobbing customers off until they can't be bothered to complain any more. I kind of feel like that myself now. No matter what the outcome of this is, I will never buy another BFG product again and I will make sure everyone I know does the same. Unless you live in the US you will only receive 2nd hand replacements and I doubt if they will work. Please don't buy BFG if you live outside the USA. You have been warned!

Brian Terrey