Better Planet Books / I can't reach the staff in order to return the books

1 44 N Main St, St Albans City, VT 05478 United States Review updated:

I have ordered one book and rented three books from Better Planet Books. When the studies started, my son told me that the book was old and we needed to change it. I emailed these guys couple of times and asked to send me details of their address, because I wanted to return the book. No one replied. Ok, I decided to leave it as it was. But now I need to return these books and the staff again didn’t respond me. If I don’t return them now, they would charge me for the delay. How can I solve the problem?

Re
Jan 10, 2016

Comments

• Mo
      18th of May, 2017

I have the same problem. I ordered TWO BOOKS, received an older editions and one was late that I was more than week behind in assignments. Finally, received a return address information for the book that was too old, and not acceptable by my professor. Then, they refunded only the 'prorated" amount, not considering the time I attempted to contact them which was immediately after I received, opened and noticed the wrong edition. Now, I need to return the other book. I emailed 4, four, times. No response up to date.

8th of Dec, 2017

@mom hms I’m also emailing them currently and haven’t gotten a return address...would you mind sharing it? :) I am a poor as heck college student. The late fee will really hurt me. Thanks!

• La
      18th of May, 2017

I rented a book and have been trying to return it for 3 weeks now. I have emailed them a total of 4 times and I still have not gotten a response back from them. They probably do this so they can charge you more money. Lesson learned...if I can every return this book I will never deal with them again. Now I need to go back and email them again about returning my book.

• Tr
      8th of Sep, 2017

@Ladyinkd14 Did you ever get a return address for them? I'm lodging a complaint with the Better Business Bureau right now and it's asking for an address. But I can't reach anyone there - no response!

27th of Jun, 2017

I just was charged 36$ for a late fee on a rental that I have been trying to return since May. No one has yet responded to me and now I am outraged due to the fact that I was just a 36$ late fee when I have been constantly emailing this company about my rental and still no shipment label. i originally paid 24$ for the book rental and shipping, and now I am charged 36$ for a late fee. THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK THATS FOR SURE!

• Ke
      30th of Sep, 2017

I have having the same issues like everybody else. I bought a book and not even 2 minutes later after receiving the confirmation email, I requested to cancel my order since I found a better option on Amazon. They never replied to my email and instead sent me the book. They are charging me about $36 rental overdue fee for a $12 book that I bought not rented. Unable to get hold of the company via email per the web's instructions. Now I see the website is not working - did the company shut down their business? I hope so. Please advise.

• Ll
      12th of Dec, 2017

I am in the same boat. I have been sending emails since 9/2017 and no answer. I have been finished with this book for 2 months and I cant return it. whats wrong with these folks??

• Br
      15th of Dec, 2017

can someone post the return address

• De
      17th of Dec, 2017

@Brianne Rucker ^^^ In need of return address!

• Zu
      24th of Dec, 2017

Hello! I'm currently trying to return my book. They charged me $28 as a late fee and I need to make sure I get my money back. This is the adress I made sure to keep when I recieved the book:
    MO TEXTBOOKS
    2144 1st Capital Drive
    Saint Charles MO 63301
    I want to return the book to this adress but I'm worried they will keep the book and keep the late charge money.