Bettco and Sons Furniture / Dishonesty

1 US Review updated:

I had a real bad experience with Bettco and Son Furniture store recently. I brought over $10, 000.00 worth of furniture and was not happy with the service or the furnitures. I ordered a bedroom set and which was being paid for. Mr. Rabel inform me that it was okay in the storage. I moved and was ready to receive my furniture and was told that the furniture was damage, prior to being told that the furniture was damage, Mr. Rabel was trying to pursuade me to choose another set of similar value, however, I had my heart set on the set that was damage. I asked for a picture of the set and he told me that he would provide me with the picture, but he did not. He encouraged me to chose another set, so I did. This set came and parts were missing, the foot for the bed to stand on was missing, it's a canopy bed and the four rings for it was missing. The mattress was used so he sent over a new mattress, the feet for the bed, but again two of the rings were missing. The delivery date for the dining room set was change, he kept playing games with the date, every week it would be Wednesday, except Wednesday never came. I cancelled the dining room set after being told for the third Wednesday that it would come and the delivery guys showed up with the new mattress but no dinning room set, although on that date, Mr. Rabel assured me that the dining room set would be delivered with the new mattress. Lies.
I ordered a computer table, the delivery guys left it in the middle of my living room unassembled, the pub table and two chairs was not delivered, although I was again assured that it would have been delivered on 3/29/2007. I have not gotten my money back and still no delivery. Mr. Rabel told the delivery guy to inform me that I should come to the store to get the table and two chairs. I have tried to call him on several occasion, but have been told he is in a meeting, on the phone or some lame excuse. People BEWARE, BETTCO AND SON FURNITURE STORE ON 4717 CHURCH AVENUE AND EAST 48 AND ALBANY AVE IN BROOKLYN ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.

Re

Comments

• Cc
      Jul 01, 2010

I admit, I was a bit skeptical to continue the business that I had with Bettco & Son since I read such a negative complaint but since I'd already invested the money, I crossed my fingers and prayed for the best. I was really taken by surprise! In the shop I was waiting for a while because things were a bit busy(they could hire a person or two) but overall I was given excellent service and when there was a mixup with the furniture(the piece I ordered didnt look the same when I received it-it was my fault tho...) Mr. Rabel went the extra mile to make sure I was happy and even had it delivered and set up the next day! I'm pleased with the service and I have referred several of my friends to Bettco & Son!

Sep 08, 2017

@CCowell We are so happy that you are satisfied with your furniture! We pride ourselves on our high degree of service. We appreciate you taking the time to write. Best regards.

• Pf
      Jul 29, 2010

I have been shopping at Bettco & Sons furniture for over 20 years, referred several friends and family and they have been happy with their purchases.
    Relocated to florida and continue to shop without any hesitation, delivery has never been an issue.

Mr. Rabel has been very professional and made sure I was satisfy with my furnitures after delivery.

Sep 08, 2017

@PFrancis We appreciate your comment, Ms. Francis. You are a valued customer and we are pleased to continue to serve you. Thank you!

• Pe
      Mar 10, 2011

I have a complaint against Bettco & Son Furniture Store, Brooklyn, New York. In December 2010 I paid in full for a Queen Bedroom set which was supposed to be delivered to a truck driver who was delivering the rest of our things. The driver picked up our stuff on December 7 and left Brooklyn on the morning on the 12th for Florida. Between the 7th and the 12th he was to pick up the bedroom set. He eventually arrived in Florida on the 14th without the bedroom set. He said he spoke to the salesman at the store and he assured him that the set will be ready for him, however, when he was leaving there was no set. My husband and I went back to New York on the 17th as we had left on the 9th to Florida to await the arrival of the delivery. When we arrived in Brooklyn the 18th we went to the store and enquired about the bedroom set and from then to now (March 9th, 2011) we have been getting the run around. Every week the furniture will be here by a specific date. There are times we will stay at home waiting because they are suppose to deliver the set at a particular time, or they just left Atlanta and should be there on such and such a date, oh they are now in North Carolina. Oh if that guy brings back the set to New York I will kill him myself because I have already paid him to deliver the set to you. I am sick and tired of all the excuses. I told him at this point all I want is my money back, but not even that I can get but more excuses

Sep 08, 2017

@Pearl Lawrence Thank you for your review above. We appreciate feedback and we are eager to know when we have fallen short. We would like to express our deepest regret for the inconvenience caused by this unintentional and rare series of events. We are sorry that your experience was so unfortunate and we assure you that your complaint will be handled in a strict and serious way. We take full responsibility for the error and we guarantee that such incidents will not occur in the future.

We value your business and we would like to retain you as a customer.

Once again, please accept our apologies.

• St
      Mar 23, 2011

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM BETTCO FURNITURE. I paid for a bed since Nov and I am still waiting for the delivery I have gotten multiple excuses from Joseph the sales person and i am totally tired of it. They are ripping people off in our neighborhood. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEN. I am currently going to file a lawsuit against them

Sep 08, 2017

@Stacey M. Allen On behalf of everyone at Bettco & Son Furniture, I would like to apologize for the trouble you had experienced with us. This comes as a shock to me given the attention we devote to every client and every transaction. This is not at all usual and this incident will not pass un-scrutinized.

We have taken many steps to narrow down the causes of this mistake. This is clearly our mistake and we take full responsibility for it.

Your feedback was essential to realize this flaw in our system and we have taken all the necessary steps to eliminate this and similar issues from happening again.

Thank you for sharing your feedback which we deeply appreciate. We value you opinion and see it as an opportunity to learn and improve.

• Pa
      Mar 04, 2012

Joseph at Bettco & Son furniture store is a crook. When you order your furniture he encourage you to take credit from Capital Discount in Long Island. He ask you to tell Capital Discount that your receive the furniture and three to four weeks past and he does not deliver the furnishings, I had to cancel the order. I went toTower on Utica between Church and Snyder and within 48 hours my furnishings were ready.

• Mi
      Sep 26, 2014

I HAVE BEEN A CLIENT FOR THIS STORE FOR 25 YEARS AND THEY SEVED ME AND MY FAMILY VERY FAIR. NOW EVEN MY SECOND GENERATION OF CHILDREN ARE BUYING FROM THIS STORE. MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ESTABLISHMENT IS SATISFACTORY AND I WOULD RECOMMEND MORE PEOPLE TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Sep 08, 2017

@mirlene perin Thank you for your positive feedback, Ms. Perin! We value your business and support.

ResK78:

We would like to offer our deepest apologies for the trouble you experienced. This situation is not ordinary and these incidents are not typical of us. We are very serious when it comes to our client's satisfaction and have a zero tolerance policy in this respect. We appreciate that you understand that mistakes sometimes happen despite the numerous checks and measures. We are very sorry that this happened to you but rest assured it won't happen again.

To make things even better, we have taken a number of measures to ensure that this error and similar mistakes do not happen again in the future. It is due to you that we have realized this and we thank you for sharing your experience with us. We prefer to learn and improve under better conditions but sometimes this is just not possible.

One more time we apologize for this error and we hope to keep you as part of our valued customer base for a very long time.

Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts and feedback with us at any time. We are here for you.