BestPricedCameras / Scam and rip off!

1 Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-281-1724

I looked on line at bestpricedcameras.com. I found a Sony digital hard drive movie camera that I had been looking at and bestpricedcameras.com seemed to have the best price. I ordered the camera on line. A few days after the order, on a Mother's Day Sunday I received a call from someone at the web site who confirmed my order. He then asked if I wanted a AC plug adapter. I asked why the camera did not come with a AC plug adapter. He said it only included the camera. He then told me the AC adapter was $300. I told him that was outrageous and I wanted to cancel my order. He told me that the order had been mailed and in order to cancel the order and restock the camera I would have to pay $175.

I was outraged, again, but felt forced to proceed with the order. Now with the cost of the AC adapter I could have purchased the camera anywhere else which would have been less expensive. I reported to the Consumer Affairs, but have not heard anything else. I will never order anything else from this group.

Va

Comments

• Br
      6th of Mar, 2008

I too placed an order with bestpricedcameras.com (Nikon D80) and also got a call confirming my order. They tried to sell me a battery for my camera, which I thought was a little strange that the camera does not come with a battery. Their price for a battery and charger was $299. Of which I purchased a battery (nikon EN-EL3e) and charger off of Amazon for $50 total. Now I am a little freaked out about whether or not I will in fact get my Nikon D80 Camera. At the time of the order the camera was on backorder shipping in 4-5 weeks. I have 3 weeks to go...

Oh, one other thing... their customer service personnel is sub par, rude, and in an extreme hurry.