BestPriceCameras.com / I will never do business with Best Price Camera again!

I ordered a PT AX100U Projector online from Best Price Cameras on Dec. 13th, 2006 along with 3 day shipping. Within hours, I received an e-mail from Best price stating that the order would be shipped within 2 days. After waiting a week I called on 12/21 to check on the status of my order. I found out that it was not even shipped yet! They tried to up sell me an extra bulb. I declined. Then they told me that the unit does not come with a bulb and I would have to pay 279.00 more to have a bulb included at the Internet advertised price. The web site stated that everything is factory fresh and brand new. I will never do business with this store. In fact I wasted over a week waiting for a projector that I thought was shipped. I have just purchased a PT AX100U from The Projector People and have received my projector in 24 hours at a great price!

N  8th of Jan, 2007 by

BestPriceCameras.com - If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.

At 51 years of age how many times have I heard (and preached) "if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is". Yet I was suckered in like many others by BestPriceCameras.

I have been looking for a good price on a Nikon D2X for some time, and thought I had found it with BestPriceCameras - coming in almost $2000 cheaper than others (there was the warning sign right there).

So, as with other feedback I’ve recently seen online, I also got the obligatory phone call the following day from their sales rep. The conversation started with "why are you also ordering a Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 lens instead of the Sigma lens, because unless your old and shaky, or work on a cruise ship which suffer a lot of vibration you don't need the Nikon VR lens, and I can save you $300 by going with the Sigma lens". Other than the insult to (old shaky people) I liked the idea of additional savings, or so I thought.

At this point I was told that the camera did not come with a power supply, and that came to $499 for the rapid charger, and $399 for the very specific Nikon battery. Also. if I bought a 4Gig Memory card it came with a second one free.

So, when our debit card company called to say we were being charged $5500, the immediate response was please hold the sale. I called BestPriceCameras and asked for a price breakdown, and was told that the overall price was higher due to the $600 insurance/shipping cost that was not negotiable.

So, foolishly, I got my new camera, and in the meantime called Nikon dealers only to find out that Nikon camera's do indeed ship with battery and charger (so just like with other folks who did business with BPC I was conned). I also checked on ebay for the exact same battery that BestPriceCameras sent me (power2000) and they can be bought for $59 (nice markup BestPriceCameras, $499 vs $59)!

I also did not get the second memory card as promised, and the single card that I did get was from some obscure company - even though I specifically asked for "SanDisk Extreme" as I repeatedly told the sales rep that this is all I use in my other digital camera.

In regards to complaining to BestPriceCameras about the battery costs and the missing memory my emails have gone unanswered, and I’m still working on getting someone on the phone.

I have no excuse, I didn't listen to my own advice, (don't need any emails stating how dumb I was to spend money with this company), but if I can just stop someone else following in my footsteps I'll be a little happier.
A  8th of Jan, 2007 by
I ordered a Canon professional series lens and wanted overnight delivery.

2 business days later, a rep from the www.BestPriceCameras.com calls and first thing tries to get me to agree to the inferior Sigma lens. He told me it was just as good, actually better, for the camera I have (Canon Digital Rebel XTi).

I told him it isn't, said I wasn't interested and asked how long it would be until I got the lens I ordered.

He said 3 weeks.

I said that won't do and I want to cancel my order.

He said, "Fine, not a problem." - and hung up on me! No confirmation that the order has been canceled, not a goodbye, sorry we couldn't help you, and all that nice stuff a good company that wants to keep customers does.

I tried to call the number that my Caller ID said called - it was a bad number.

I called the customer service number and talked to a guy there who sounded slightly nicer, but still a weasel. He confirmed who I talked to and that the order had been canceled.

Then I asked to speak to the first guy's manager.

The manager made no apologies. I accused him of bait-and-switch. He had no defense. I told him about the above rudeness. His reply was "That's weird. Chris has been with us for years and we've never got a complaint about him."

It is obvious from 5 minutes of interaction with these people that all they want is to speak to suckers they can pull their stunts on. As soon as they get someone who is on to them, they get rid of them as soon as possible.

Don't! Don't! Don't do business with this company!
A  22nd of Mar, 2007 by
I ordered a Nikon D80 Camera Body & Lens Package for about $1200. with extras---thought I was getting a good deal, sales rep called my husband to ask if we wanted rush delivery for xmas and 5yr warranty---husband agreed sales person was very aggressive with him in his sales pitch---in the end we ended up paying twice as much as intended and did not even get all the items I originally ordered. I contacted customer service and they told me I needed to speak to my sales rep regarding the charges. They did send me a few of the items---but not all. I tried for a whole month to get in touch with my sales rep-- I left voice messages---emails--explaining I wanted an itemized invoice. The invoice I received was not itemized--no record of the phone call regarding additional items supposingly ordered and did not receive. For the first time I did file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

A  28th of Mar, 2007 by

I wish, I read these BestPriceCameras.com reviews, before placing order. Was working on something and placed ordered with this company.. Totally unprofessional. They clearly sound cheaters.. when you call them... No explanation and rude.. They say, it is all new and factory fresh.. Box from factory is opened and parts removed.. Battery, cable, lens, etc.. is it still called Factory fresh... I really don't understand.. I cancelled my order. Hoping to get my money back.

I also see, lot of people complaining in web about BestPriceCameras.com and some of them say, there credit card is compromised...

Don't ever visit their website or buy anything from bestpricecameras.com cheaters/scammers...
A  15th of Apr, 2007 by
BestPriceCameras.com is the worst company I dealt with. The salesman were rude. I was hanged up twice haven't complete what I want to say. I finally cancel the order.

Do not ever purchase from this company.
A  14th of May, 2007 by
Stay away from this store (best price cameras.com). They high pressure you then suddenly you need to upgrade because the original order is junk. Then they suddenly don't have what you ordered. Bait and switch all the way. The guy called me wanting to upgrade my canon lens because the ones i ordered were made of plastic and not glass. Canon says that's a lie. I have never run a bunch of crooks like this in my 15 years on the internet shopping. Can't believe these people.
N  14th of May, 2007 by
I sent a request back on 4/25/07 to get a refund of 49.95 that was take out of my account... They said on the 866 number it takes 7 to 10 days for this refund. It has been long past the 7 to 10 days. If I do not hear something from you with the next three days... I'm going to contact my bank about filing fraud charges against everpivate.
A  1st of Aug, 2007 by
Do NOT buy from Bestpricecameras.com, this site is terrible when it comes to customer service, not only do they lie about their prices, but they change their prices all the time. These guys are definitely crooks. I ordered a Canon XL2 camera (without lens) and i thought i was getting a good deal. 3 days passed by and i checked my bank account and no charges had been made yet. So i called Bestpricecameras.com and i told them i had an order number and the guy insisted i buy a more costly package cause it included more stuff. Anyways, the point is, these people are crooks, don't buy from them, they seem to pride themselves on customer service when they provide the WORST customer service available, actually, i wouldn't even call it customer service. So make sure you all spread the word so none of you get ripped off by these crooks!
N  29th of Nov, 2007 by

BestPriceCameras.com - Bait and switch, rude, false advertising!
New York
Phone: 800-281-1823

Ordered a DVX100b video camera. Their website seemed legitimate enough. Trusted buyer, hacker safe, and even had a link to positive customer feedback. Great. No not really. A couple days later I get a phone call from Ralph 'confirming my order.' In actuality he wanted to upsell me. I told him to just give me what I ordered, no more, no less.

Then he asks me if I want to purchase the American version of the camera. Excuse me? The website is in English, the warranty is a USA warranty, why wouldn't it already be an American version? He tells me other people are paying $2300 for the American version of the camera. No thank you just cancel my order. He then gets rude with me and tells me the order is already processed. But I thought you were calling to confirm my order now? He hangs up the phone on me. I immediately called my credit card company and put a block up on my card. Nice try though.
A  13th of Dec, 2007 by
I completely agree with Andrea's comments. I came across the website and thought they had very good deals. I wanted to purchase a SLR Digital camera for my husband and called to confirm what is actually included in the package, as it is not clear in the description. The sales person was completely rude and hung up on me twice!!
N  14th of Aug, 2008 by

BestPriceCameras.com - Dishonest business practice
Ann Arbor

Dishonest business practice from BestPriceCameras.com! This on-line camera shop advertised Sony Handycam HDR-SR7 videocamera for $529 during Thanksgiving break, that was substantially cheaper than its competitors. I placed an order and received a purchase confirmation on 11/23/2007. On 11/26/2007 I received an email from adam AT bestpricecameras.com stating that the product is on backorder because of unexpected order volume and the company will not honor the order. However, their website has been advertizing this product as "in stock" at $629.00 since then. This is a dishonest business practice. I demanded a raincheck from the company, but the company does not respond.
N  10th of Dec, 2009 by

BestPriceCameras.com - Dishonest business practice

I purchased a Sony camcorder package from them, It tripled the price of the original. Then when I double checked the price of the items online, I discovered that they had a 200/300% mark up on them The Salesperson was quite a fast talker, smooth. I never should of completed the sale. I feel embarrassed even admitting that I did business with them. What a fool I was.