[Resolved] Bestcanvas.commy best advice to anyone thinking about this place is - stay away

This is a poorly run operation. I'm not even sure you could call it a business. I ordered a Sepia colored canvas 20x20. Sepia is a brownish antique look, WELL when it arrived it was green and white and gray. So I immediatly notified them and told them I wanted to return it for a refund. George wrote and said they were sorry for the defect could they redo it for me, sure I said. Well thats the last I've heard from them. The canvas is cheaply made! So needless to say after they won't return emails or nobody ever answers the phone number they provide, I went to my bank and disputed the charge. I refuse to let these rip off people take my family's hard earned money. My best advice to anyone thinking about this place is...pay the extra money for a quality print, and STAY AWAY FROM BESTCANVAS!!!

• Resolution Statement

Bestcanvas.com customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the client have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

Mi

Comments

• Mi
      Jun 22, 2011
    Bestcanvas.com - Stay away from this website
    bestcanvas.com

STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!

There are too many complaints to list, so I will bold the important ones.

-Canvas comes rolled (in rubber bands with creases throughout)
    -Poor quality ink (just stretched picture for gallery wrap with ink lines clearly seen)
    -Stretcher bars broke and had to be glued together because of poor quality wood (let alone that it states "ready to hang" and "gallery wrapped" on their website.
    -Foreign transaction fee (even though it was shipped from Florida).

• The user did not respond to the messages. The review should not be taken into consideration.

• El
      Jan 06, 2012
    Bestcanvas.com - Don't order from this company
    bestcanvas.com

Bad product and bad customer service. I ordered stretched canvases for a Christmas present and after we got them, a drip of water got on one and completely ruined it. It didn't just smudge, it completely cleaned the photo off of the canvas in that area. I tested the other prints we had ordered (on the back of the frame) and the print rubbed off VERY easily with just a wet finger. Any type of condensation or leaking in your house could ruin these prints. I got family photos with the idea that my mom could keep them for years, but I'm afraid that they may turn out to be temporary. It seems like the company could seal them in some way or use a different printing process to provide some protection from water damage, but when I contacted them, they didn't even pretend to offer protection from water damage even though their website claims they sell "museum-quality custom canvases."

I contacted the company to see what they could do on 12/4/2011 and they finally emailed me back on 1/5/12... over a MONTH later. I know Christmas is a busy time for companies, but this is crazy! If the email had something substantial to it, like some research or an offer to fix the problem, I would have a little understanding, but it said this (verbatim): "Thank you for your purchase on our website and i apologize for the delayed response. I would like to inform you that we do not provide any type of protection on our anvas prints so any high humidity/water area will possibly ruin the prints. Thank you and again i apologize." Again, keep in mind that their website claims "Exceptional customer service."

Ridiculous! Don't order from this company!

• Ar
      May 22, 2012
    Bestcanvas.com - This site should be called worst canvas
    bestcanvas.com

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE ! I had accidentally ordered from this site on a recommendation for canvas pop.com. When I realized I had made a mistake and went to check reviews on best canvas I was horrified to see everyone claimed that it was cheap crap. I immediately cancelled my order ( thankfully I actually got someone on the phone ).

I was not charged ( Thank God ) and I thought that was that - a few week later my order ( which I had cancelled ) came in the mail and I could not resist opening it. Sure enough it was a rolled canvas with a do it yourself frame all which would have been fine except there was a pea size spot in the middle of the canvas where the ink had not taken properly. I tried to lick my finger and rub it a bit to see if that would help instead it just smudged more of the ink right off. Shocking ! When I called to tell the company they had sent me my cancelled order they told me I could keep it, and when I preceded to tell the lady on the phone about the blemish ( putting it nicely ) she didn't even apologize. I guess I shouldn't complain being that I have a un- hangable canvas I didn't pay for... this site should be called worst canvas !!

• Na
      Oct 03, 2012
    Bestcanvas.com - Another unhappy customer
    bestcanvas.com

Another unhappy customer. They lie about shipping - they send out shipping confirmations when they have not even produced the item yet. They blame it on being busy, but that is just a deceptive practice. When you ask them about it a week later, when the item does not update on the shoppers site (it shows that the info was transmitted, but never actually shipped) they then promise to ship a couple of days later after they produce it. They won't refund shipping or expedite shipping - liars and terrible customer service. Buyers beware,

• Bl
      Dec 06, 2012
    Bestcanvas.com - I was sooo disappointed with the quality of the product
    bestcanvas.com

I used this website after using another vendor. I was sooo disappointed with the quality of the product. The "canvas" turned out to be vinyl and not actually a very durable surface. The color is muted and not vibrant at all. I could not be more disappointed in the overall product. It did come in a timely manner which is different from the other reviews. I would not buy from them again. I would go back to my other vendor "Printitoncanvas.com" instead. They are first class.