BestBuy / lowest price guarantee

1 Red Deer, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

Lowest Price Guarantee (Not)

I had been looking for a new router for my home internet connection, which I run a lot of different devices on, and had seen that Linksys had come out with the WRT610N Simultaneous Dual-N Band Wireless Router. Which would (and has) increased my connection speed and fixed the lagging. As this was a new item, at about $259.99 when it first came out, I waited for either a sale or some sort of price decrease.

Some time later I saw in a Staples flyer, the router on sale for $169.99 (as now more companies were coming out with there own dual-N routers). So as I have a RewardZone Card and had a $5.00 Bestbuy certificate, I went to Bestbuy to pick it up. When I went to the cashier I showed them the flyer and told them that it was the same product, which they confirmed. They then said that the discount was to big and that they need certification from the customer service (Ok makes sense). So I then went to the customer service counter, and they could not give me a straight answer on to why they could not give me the new router for the sale price. So I left it and a couple of other things there and thought I would get it somewhere else later as they had already wasted my time.

The next week Futureshop had it in there flyer for the same price at $169.99, and it did not say it was on sale, no sale logo and even on the website it said that was the original price. So again I went to Bestbuy, and told myself I would get the router anyway possible. They did the same thing and another customer service representative came to me by the cashier and tried to explain why they could not give it to me at the new price. I went through everything as I had come prepared this time, I showed them the flyer, the website page, that Futureshop and Besbuy are the same company, their price match guarantee which they have on the wall behind them, etc... Finally I just said forget it as they could not give me a straight answer.

So after that I went to Staples and they gave me another 10% off of Futureshops price, no questions asked.

Bestbuy has no lowest price guarantee, so buyers beware.

Ba
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Da
      12th of Jun, 2009

they probly ased you you wnat a service plan on it you said no.. thats will be teh reson why they ar elike that trust me bestbuy is a worst place to shop.. i quite my job in bestbuy as i been force to sell service plan..

• Em
      5th of Aug, 2009

It looks like other people agree with you. There are even some lawsuits about Best Buy not honoring their price match guarantee. http://www.heinsmills.com/best_buy_price_match.html