Bestbuy. CA / Product Ordered sent to wrong address

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

This morning I ordered a DVD/VHS player/recorder on line from Bset Buy Canada at 5:34 AM EST. Since this is a Christmas present I requested that the product be delivered to my daughter's work address in Calgary Alberta. When I received the confirmation email there was no indication as to whether or not the order was being sent to her address. When I tried to telephone Best Buy and punched in the order number I was told that it was an invalid order. When I tried to do the same on line I received the same message.
At 7:07 Eastern I sent an email to Best Buy customer service and received an answer at 8:17 AM informing me that yes indeed the order was being shipped to my home rather thean to my daughter. I replied to the email indicating my concern and by 9:30 AM eastern I decided to try and call "customer service" (sic) and after several numbers being punched in I finally spoke to a "customer service" rep who informed me that since the order had already been processed there was nothing he could do to change the routing and said something about ME having to change it when i receive the tracking number from canada Post.
I might further add that I tried to pay for the order on line and have it picked up by my daughter in Calgary but Best Buy only allows the person to whose card the charge was processed to pick up the product.
Bottom line is NEVER ORDER A GIFT FOR SOMEONE THROUGH BESTBUY.CA if you want that gift sent to a person not residing with you.
Worst E ordering site I have ever used!

Comments

• Xp
      10th of Dec, 2010

This was obviously OK'd with her employer because she works long hours and is never home during normal hours. Maybe as an "employer" you should be more respectful of your hard working employees needs.