BestBrandValues.com / charged for months for something never ordered or approved

1 Saint Albans, WV, United States

I ordered 2 books from an online site in july of 2010. I looked at my checking account info today and noted a charge today for 9.95. I called my bank not aware of ordering anything by this company called...BestBrandValues.com. I was told to call them and then if I wanted we would block the card and issue a new one. I called and was told that I ordered a book back in july and the charge was for that. I told them why are you just now taking out the monies?..she said that was standard.. LIE!!!
so I went and logged back on to my banking site and looked all the way back to july when I purchased a book and noted I was charged back then 23.38 then and an additional 9.95 a month since then, didnt even know it. called them back and she put a man on the phone who stated I ordered it and had three days to cancel if I so chose to do that. I said cancel what?...he went on to say I should have gotten an email that gave me 7 days to decline their service if I so chose to.. I asked what the service was and he laughed. I was enraged and filed fraud charges with my bank, also closed that cc account.

Sa