BestBrandValues.com / Charge for membership not applied for

In January, I ordered 3 DVD's from HotMovies (BestBrandValues). I received several e-mails telling me they were back-ordered until, finally, I received one telling me my order was canceled. When I got my credit card statement, there was a charge of $9.95 from Best Brand Values. I called on February 8th and was told that when I placed my order, they sent me an e-mail confirming my membership. I kept all my e-mails from them and did NOT receive such an e-mail. I told the person I spoke to that I did NOT get that e-mail. She offered several times to forward it to me, but I refused and told her I did not want a membership and I wanted my credit card credited. After several times of telling her that was all I wanted, she agreed to cancel my membership and refund the $9.95. What she neglected to tell me was that they had charged me another $9.95 on February 7th. I have made several attempts to call them, I've tried e-mailing by responding to their e-mail and I have no luck with either. I did NOT receive one thing from this company and they have charged me $9.95 for it! I want a refund!

Comments

29th of Mar, 2010

I too was scammed by this company "Best Brand Values" when I ordered a book from them through a site similar to Amazon. I never received any email saying that they would be billing me for any membership. I was also charged the $9.95 automatically upon ordering this book. I raised hell with them and they relented to refunding my money. One more thing! I called them at the number that showed up on my bank statement to inquire of the charge. Their after hours phone number is routed into a completely unrelated "Tyson Insurance Company" out of Erie Pa I think! This company should have their time in jail!